Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Ledgie

Heart Final Album / Tour Idea...

I would love to see the Rumours-era 5 members go into the studio in London and make a double album as their final Fleetwood Mac album; like the Eagles did last year. Instead of a world tour, perform only in England, film it, and release it worldwide like Michael Jackson's "This Is It". The fabulous 5 are reunited for their swansong, we get a masterpiece album for all the ages, and no one has to tour. Thoughts? Ideas? Someone send this to their agents!
Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though I live over in the US I think that'd be really chill.
But I don't think they could release it in the movies like the whole Michael Jackson thing. that wouldnt work I don't think
Old 10-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

They make of their money touring so this would never happen.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJT View Post
I would love to see the Rumours-era 5 members go into the studio in London and make a double album as their final Fleetwood Mac album;
Not sure I like the word "final"
Old 10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Supporting Ledgie

I think at some point Mick came out and said the band "liked" what happened with the Eagles album (in terms of selling it at Walmart). Am I imagining that? Maybe Lindsey said it.

All that aside, I think it'd be a great idea. A double CD plus a "Farewell Tour"... magic?

Sadly, I don't see the double album thing working out... and I'm not 100% sure that the Mac would actually limit their audience to those who buy CDs at Wally World.

And lastly... Christine McVie, I think, will never return.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I think at some point Mick came out and said the band "liked" what happened with the Eagles album (in terms of selling it at Walmart). Am I imagining that? Maybe Lindsey said it.

All that aside, I think it'd be a great idea. A double CD plus a "Farewell Tour"... magic?

Sadly, I don't see the double album thing working out... and I'm not 100% sure that the Mac would actually limit their audience to those who buy CDs at Wally World.

And lastly... Christine McVie, I think, will never return.
God, I hope not. This always drives me nuts! Bearing in mind that only the US has Wal-Mart I've always thought that this was a grossly unfair move by artists who have an international fanbase. Really annoys me!

Yes, Asda is the UK equivalent of Wal-Mart (owned by them) but they don't get the exclusivity deals with music etc that bands negotiate. If the Mac did this, especially because half of them are British, I think this would backfire badly.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think the band has made it pretty clear that Christine is never coming back.

I also could care less about a double album. I would love to hear 12 songs that formed a great cohesive album .
Old 10-31-2009, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post

But, what about Azoff's "talks" with Wal-Mart as reported prior to the Unleashed tour? It's totally possible whatever project we see from them next will indeed be marketed that way...
Old 10-31-2009, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
I think the band has made it pretty clear that Christine is never coming back.

I also could care less about a double album. I would love to hear 12 songs that formed a great cohesive album .
I agree with all you said. Everyone around here needs to go back to youtube and listen to Christine's interviews from In The Meantime... the lady is DONE! And if I were her, I would be too! I just can't imagine doing the same job working for the same people since the late 1960s. I'd wanna run the hell away too, especially if it involved playing referee for two 60 something year old adults who act like spoiled tweens.

I definitely agree as well that the last thing we need is another floppy, rambling double album. SYW was so weighed down by it's own size that it never could get off the ground. What they really need to do is make a finely produced, concise, cohesive album. Something that's approachable, yet very fresh: kinda like the white album, Rumours, and Tango were in their own day.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
What they really need to do is make a finely produced, concise, cohesive album. Something that's approachable, yet very fresh: kinda like the white album, Rumours, and Tango were in their own day.
White album: agreed.
Rumours: agreed.
Tango: eh?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with all you said. Everyone around here needs to go back to youtube and listen to Christine's interviews from In The Meantime... the lady is DONE!
I didn't hear anything in her Youtube videos that indicated she was done -- not done recording.

In fact, in one interview (VH1?) she didn't rule out the idea of even playing a date or 2 in support of her music. I didn't think it would happen. To tell the truth, before her album came out, I had suspected that maybe Christine was a bit agoraphobic. When she actually made it over here to California to promote ITMT, I was shocked. Of course, as far as we know, she didn't connect with FM over here at all and just briefly saw them in the UK, so I wasn't encouraged about any future reunions.

Still, while she made it clear that touring and the whole cycle of getting high to get on stage and then bringing yourself back down to get a bit of rest was not something she would ever do again, I never heard her say one thing that suggested she was not willing to record again, as long as recording didn't involve touring.

Having her songs on an album would not require the sort of involvement with FM today that it did in the past anyway. It's not like we're talking going to Sausalito, renting another condo and hiding from your ex-husbands one more time. All you'd have to do is trade audio tapes back and forth across the pond.

At any rate, even if she didn't sing anything with them, getting Tusk or Tango audio-commentary that would include her, like what we got from Rumours would be a nice gift as well.

Michele
Old 10-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with all you said. Everyone around here needs to go back to youtube and listen to Christine's interviews from In The Meantime... the lady is DONE! And if I were her, I would be too! I just can't imagine doing the same job working for the same people since the late 1960s. I'd wanna run the hell away too, especially if it involved playing referee for two 60 something year old adults who act like spoiled tweens.

I definitely agree as well that the last thing we need is another floppy, rambling double album. SYW was so weighed down by it's own size that it never could get off the ground. What they really need to do is make a finely produced, concise, cohesive album. Something that's approachable, yet very fresh: kinda like the white album, Rumours, and Tango were in their own day.
now I have to listen to some of those ITM interviews... but yes, I completely agree with everything you said here!

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
In fact, in one interview (VH1?) she didn't rule out the idea of even playing a date or 2 in support of her music. I didn't think it would happen. To tell the truth, before her album came out, I had suspected that maybe Christine was a bit agoraphobic. When she actually made it over here to California to promote ITMT, I was shocked. Of course, as far as we know, she didn't connect with FM over here at all and just briefly saw them in the UK, so I wasn't encouraged about any future reunions.
I didn't even know she came to the US to do some promotional work for ITM. I had always just thought she did a few radio interviews.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I didn't hear anything in her Youtube videos that indicated she was done -- not done recording.

Michele
I think you're absolutely right. She's not done recording... but I think she's done being a full time member of Fleetwood Mac, even in the recording sense. Maybe it's just me, but I get a strong impression from her In the Meantime interviews that she's just done with the Mac chapter of her life... she dedicated her whole adulthood to it, she's made her artistic statement, said and done everything she set out to do, and she's closed the book. It definitely wouldn't surprise me one bit if we get more recordings from Christine in various forms or fashions. I would even bet she'd contribute in a minor fashion to a new Mac album, so long as she didn't have to leave England, and didn't have to do any live shows. I think the lady just wants her privacy... wants to spoil her puppies, spend her time with family, and live out her golden years in peace and tranquility. I just can't see her tolerating any interruptions of that.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think you're absolutely right. She's not done recording... but I think she's done being a full time member of Fleetwood Mac,
Well, I'd agree that she's never going to be a full time member of Fleetwood Mac again.

Michele