User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try in Sheffield. Got 3rd row aisle seats so here's hopin'
The aisle is the best! You'll make it, I'm sure of it! But be careful with the stage speakers that face outward- they are LOUD!!!! Best to stand between the monitors. Good luck at Sheffield!! Hopefully they will do something special, since it's the last Euro date, I think.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
In general I couldn't believe how nice everyone was in Scotland! Maybe I'm used to the rough n tumble New Yorkers... but gosh darn! So the security at the venue was so kind... they tried to get people to their seats, but they could only be so tough... it's not in their nature to bust b@lls! But the routine seems to be to loiter around the front for a while, get in your predator stance as the crickets start, then be ready to pounce when the lights go down. Works every time!

Oh, yes, I thought those were new boots... these had some kind of gray fold-down flap at the top. A bit higher than ankle-high.
so will you be in wembly as well ? i need some help in getting to the front

we supposedly have first row center for 10/30.. do we still need to worry about pouncers jumping in front of us ? for 10/31 we have center but row 7 or so i think, is the 'pounce' then in order... we r new to this .. so if u can help , thanks VM
Old 10-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It was incredible!! I was right at the front of the stage (they let some rows up) and I shook Lindsey's hand and touched Stevie's shawl! The Stand Back one I mean.

Yes, no Silver Springs was abig disappointment but otherwise it was amazing. Just wonderful. A fukkreview will follow with comments on some of the songs etc...

I have some really good pictures from the gig actually, how do I get them posted in a message here?

By the way, Hejira NYC, where were you standing? I was right at the stage so we must have been in the same row judging by your pics etc? Be great to know if we were next to each other or something!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
The aisle is the best! You'll make it, I'm sure of it! But be careful with the stage speakers that face outward- they are LOUD!!!! Best to stand between the monitors. Good luck at Sheffield!! Hopefully they will do something special, since it's the last Euro date, I think.
Thanks for that tip too. I think they do Birmingham and Wembley after Sheffield though.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I thought it was more "magical" than at the American shows for some reason. I don't know... The crowd response was incredible, although they did quiet down quite a bit between numbers. But there seemed to be something really genuine about their performances and interactions with each other. Rather than feeling like their "Sara" hug was staged, it looked truly heartfelt tonight for some reason.
Maybe the audience's mood made them feel less theatrical too. That's sweet.

Quote:
For "Landslide" she made her dedication to some guy (forgot his name) that took her to a castle where they allowed her to interact with an owl that was trained to fly to her arm. I could have sworn she was going to get teary eyed over it
Stevie better watch out. Owls are not quite as docile as doves. If she had start crying over an owl flying onto her arm, I think I would have giggled just a bit.

Thanks for the review and the great photos.

Michele
Old 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
so will you be in wembly as well ? i need some help in getting to the front

we supposedly have first row center for 10/30.. do we still need to worry about pouncers jumping in front of us ? for 10/31 we have center but row 7 or so i think, is the 'pounce' then in order... we r new to this .. so if u can help , thanks VM
So you have front row center for Friday's show?? Well, hello, my new BFF. I think it's best if you claim your spots as soon as you get in. In all likelihood, security will force everyone to stay at their seats until the show starts, so I think you will have the front all to yourself for a while.

Anyway, don't be surprised to see us in your general area before the show. I'm likely to stand out (especially if Glasgow is any indication ).
Old 10-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So you have front row center for Friday's show?? Well, hello, my new BFF. I think it's best if you claim your spots as soon as you get in. In all likelihood, security will force everyone to stay at their seats until the show starts, so I think you will have the front all to yourself for a while.

Anyway, don't be surprised to see us in your general area before the show. I'm likely to stand out (especially if Glasgow is any indication :lol: ).
Now I'm reallllly intrigued to see you! Haha!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
It was incredible!! I was right at the front of the stage (they let some rows up) and I shook Lindsey's hand and touched Stevie's shawl! The Stand Back one I mean.

Yes, no Silver Springs was abig disappointment but otherwise it was amazing. Just wonderful. A fukkreview will follow with comments on some of the songs etc...

I have some really good pictures from the gig actually, how do I get them posted in a message here?

By the way, Hejira NYC, where were you standing? I was right at the stage so we must have been in the same row judging by your pics etc? Be great to know if we were next to each other or something!
Well... I don't know, but it's very possible. If you saw a nearly bald Asian guy stand between Stevie's monitors, that was moi.

Glad you were able to make it up front! The security was guarding the front section like the gestapo!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
Thanks for that tip too. I think they do Birmingham and Wembley after Sheffield though.
D'oh! I got Birmingham and Sheffield mixed up! Well, I still hope it's special. Come on Christine... you don't have anything better to do!
Old 10-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Glad you made it to the front. I know from your posts how excited you were about the concert, even better you got up front. Well done.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ...to the front....

Quote:
In general I couldn't believe how nice everyone was in Scotland! Maybe I'm used to the rough n tumble New Yorkers... but gosh darn! So the security at the venue was so kind... they tried to get people to their seats, but they could only be so tough... it's not in their nature to bust b@lls! But the routine seems to be to loiter around the front for a while, get in your predator stance as the crickets start, then be ready to pounce when the lights go down. Works every time!

Oh, yes, I thought those were new boots... these had some kind of gray fold-down flap at the top. A bit higher than ankle-high.

despite what the local venues security think, the band want the people to have the opportunity to go to the stage,

the head of security for the band takes the time to walk the front row before the show at about 20:00 hrs local time, to speak to all those seated in the front row, &, explain that they should go to the stage in about 10 minutes.....

however, at the SECC, the G4S security staff politely asked everyone to sit down again, (about 2 minutes before the crickets started), being a polite bunch everyone complied,

so about 60 seconds later, the crickets started, and everyone advanced to the front,

some of the front row people did not go to the front of the stage but most did,

anyway, there was a great crowd assembled at the stage, &, there was no further security issues until the end when Silver Spring was not played, & security were asking people to leave before the lights came up,

the boots were black, about 5" heels, just above the ankle, with what appeared to be crystal studded staps, rather nice
Old 10-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Ledgie

My first FM Gig! absoloutely loved it! Got to play lindsey's guitar & slap hands with him! Managed to get pretty close to the stage.

When i went into the venue, venue security didn't seem to keen on letting folk up front, but then the group's security took over, thank goodness! Highlights were probably Big Love, Landslide, GYOW, Don't Stop, Storms.

Slightly dissappointed with no Silver Springs, but after watching a youtube vid of Don't Stop, i noticed Stevie really badly missed the high note, so probably best she didn't risk it. She could always lower it like Lindsey's done to quite a few numbers, but it wouldn't be the same.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . I'm likely to stand out (especially if Glasgow is any indication ).
I thought Customs confiscated your glitter, Hello Kitty pasties

a la -

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 10-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I thought Customs confiscated your glitter, Hello Kitty pasties

a la -

Correction- they're Hello Titty pasties. Actually they made it through. But customs didn't appreciate it when my Lady Gaga bustier set off the fire alarms in the airport.

Old 10-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . But customs didn't appreciate it when my Lady Gaga bustier set off the fire alarms in the airport.

BTW - I'll need that back, even though your girth surely stretched it out

Have fun at the shows and regale me with stories over $3.00 margs when you return.

save the cheerleader - save the world