The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, yeah, and my favorite pre-SnL Fleetwood Mac songs: Hypnotized, The Ghost, Oh Well, Future Games, Bare Trees, Sunny Side of Heaven, Sentimental Lady, Forever, Emerald Eyes, and Coming Your Way.

-Matt
Old 07-09-2009, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not even going to attempt this
I will just end up listing every single song

but Gypsy is way up there just because its my mom's favorite song and my ringtone for whenever she calls me.

World Turning is also up in the top ten.

and I like a lot of others that most don't prefer (brown eyes, never forget, mystified, not that funny, little lies, honey hi, welcome to the room...sara, thats enough for me, only over you, no questions asked)

ok, I'm done. promise!

Last edited by golddustdrummer; 07-09-2009 at 11:29 AM..
Old 07-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Favorite Fleetwood Mac songs...
Oh Well (done by anybody except Lindsey or Kenny Wayne Shepard)
I agree with the Lindsey thing except that I think that I can add the version he's been doing on this tour to the list of possible favourites. He's got so much better at it since 1982. The early versions are okay, but they lack just a little something.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
^^
What bothers you about Lindsey's version of Oh Well?
1) I just don't get "honesty" from him on that one...seems he'd rather not be doing the song.

2) I don't like his guitar's tone on the song...sounds really thin & wimpy (sounds like he's using solid state effects to try to make the guitar "bigger", instead of overdriving his amp's tubes, which has a more authentic tone)...the song just needs that beefier overdriven tube tone (listen to Jimmy Page's tone on the version he did with The Black Crowes a few years ago...THAT's how the "Oh Well" guitar sound should be. That's my favorite non-Fleetwood Mac version. And, I'm really not all that big of a Jimmy Page fan)
Old 07-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well, my favourite FM song as well as my favourite song ever is RHIANNON. It's magical. That song lives. It breathes. And it changes. Call me crazy if you want, but this song seems to be a little different to me everyday. It has its own life I swear. Stevie gave something away to this song from deep in her heart and brought it to life. I've never tried drugs but I guess it feels like listening to Rhiannon. If I should have to spend eternity with nothing but this song I won't miss a thing.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say. My favorites are Gypsy [extended], Thrown Down, Running Through the Garden. Those are just Stevie's though haha.

Gold Dust Woman also gets an honorable mention.

Lindseys-
Tusk
Not That Funny
Book of Love

Christine-
You Make Loving Fun
Isn't It Midnight
Honey Hi/Think About Me

Old 07-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WELLL....yes, this is a very challenging thread. It's so hard to pick an all time favorite because I'll listen to 3 or 4 for a really long time and then accidently, something else will play like "Everybody Finds Out" and then that is my new fav because it describes where I am in life. BUTTTT, I will choose, generally speaking, these as my favorite songs. Many have already been listed, but I will get creative here and say why they are undeniably the best songs ever.

#1-- "Rhiannon"--it's the first connection I made with Stevie when I was about 10 or 11. This song touched me deep, y'all, just because the ending was so intense. I couldn't believe I had lived 10 years without this music in my life. The day I heard it, I vowed my first daughter's name will be Rhiannon and I stand firm in that decision (though I have no children at the moment, but someday...)

#2--"The Chain"--yeah...these are SO common, I know. But, in general, if my ipod is on shuffle and this plays, I never change it, especially the one from The Dance. I love it so much cus of John's solo.

#3--"Sisters of the Moon"--in particular, the version from the Mirage tour. It needs no explanation, y'all know why this is spectacular!

#4--"You Make Loving Fun"--This was the first song I heard Christine McVie sing and it makes me want to dance...for whatever reason....a weird dance too...that I will not be describing now...so moving on...

#5--"So Afraid"--ALL TIME FAV Lindsey song, for me. I know the guitar solo can be long winded at times, but what can I say, I love me some guitar, especially some Lindsey guitar. It's so incredibly sexy to me. Love you long time, Linds.

#6--"Gypsy"--it's my dads favorite Stevie song, every time I go to a concert, I have to call him when she sings this and I think he cries because he isn't there for it. Sad.

#7--"Say Goodbye"--it is as horrible as it is wonderful to me. Guys, don't hate on me for this, but this song is like the WORSE/BEST romance novel of all time. It's like watching a sappy chick flick and hoping it ends good, but then it ends bad....they just have to say goodbye, but you don't want them too, but they both know and are okay saying goodbye to each other. Maybe I love it because I've had a similar relationship that was pretty intense....sad. haha.

#8--"Go Your Own Way"--I just love the beat. This is essential Fleetwood Mac material here, you can never not love this song and be a true fan. It's classic.

And thats really all I have to say, though I've said more than enough. haha, sorry guys. I'm a communication major, once I start, I can't shutup.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Well this is hard to choose so I am gonna name my very favorites ...though I love almost all of them soooo much.

Silver Springs - This song made me fall in total love with this band. The ending is so haunting how she sings it and puts so much feeling into it. I just feel the emotions pouring out in that song. I love it!

Angel - This is just uplifting to me. I can put that song in when I am feeling down and it just lifts my spirits again and puts a smile on my face. Makes me really wish i was born back in the day to enjoy it live!

Sara - That is just a special song to me because Stevie will always be the poet of my heart. Yes I'm sure that's corny... but I don't care. It just has alot of meaning to me.

So Afraid - Wonderful passionate song. I can feel the emotions Lindsey put into that song and I love when Stevie sings chours with him, they harmonize so awesome together.

Songbird - This song touches me and it also has alot of meaning to me I won't bore you with but it's one of my very favorites as well.

Ok I better stop now before I go through every one of them.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok. Here's my list in no real particular order. All of these songs just make me feel good. I enjoy listening to and playing the drums to them. These are all songs that I've played just by myself with my headphones on, sitting at the drum kit.

I'm So Afraid (The Dance version)
Blue Letter
Sugar Daddy
Go Your Own Way (The Dance version)
The Chain
Think About Me
Over & Over (from "Live")
Brown Eyes
World Turning (Live in SF, 1987. Video doesn't do the actual performance justice. If you weren't there you just didn't get the whole experience. Mick blew me away that night and I wanted to learn to play drums based mainly on seeing him that night.)
Gypsy (extended version)
Beautiful Child (25 Years version)
Isn't It Midnight (Live in SF, 1987, I know it's not Lindsey playing it, but it just rocked on that tour)
Fireflies
Seven Wonders
Little Lies
Welcome To The Room . . . Sara (just love the percussion and beat of this song, don't really listen to the words much when I'm playing this track on the CD)
Bleed To Love Her (either The Dance or SYW versions but I fell in love with in on The Dance tour, I like the solo at the end of the SYW version)
My Little Demon
Wish You Were Here (has a lot of meaning for my wife and I from early in our relationship when we could not always be together)
What's The World Coming To
Steal Your Heart Away
Say Goodbye

I also like Lindsey's take on "Oh Well" but I don't consider it a "Rumours" era song since it was done with the original blues line up so I don't list it here. My list of favourites from the original FM is much longer.

Last edited by sjpdg; 07-13-2009 at 02:46 AM.. Reason: previously incomplete
Old 07-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewerefrail View Post
Go Your Own Way is both my favorite song, and my favorite Fleetwood Mac song, funny how that works. I know it's not very original, but I didn't grow up with a big Fleetwood Mac influence in the house, my parents are not fans at all, and when I finally heard Rumours and GYOW and really what I had been missing out on, it was like the first cut. The deepest one of all; this is a dream right? Haaa, ew. Anyway, it made an impression. Plus I wanted to throw my panties at that guitar solo.
Wow you really took the words from my mouth there.

I feel the exact same way
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
Ledgie

Hands down, Silver Springs. No other song can touch it.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Registered

That's Alright
Old 07-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamMcConville View Post
That's Alright
Yep...... I never tire of listening to this song or Angel

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsycat999 View Post
Well, my favourite FM song as well as my favourite song ever is RHIANNON. It's magical. That song lives. It breathes. And it changes. Call me crazy if you want, but this song seems to be a little different to me everyday. It has its own life I swear. Stevie gave something away to this song from deep in her heart and brought it to life. I've never tried drugs but I guess it feels like listening to Rhiannon. If I should have to spend eternity with nothing but this song I won't miss a thing.
AMEN! There's really no other way to put it.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post

#7--"Say Goodbye"--it is as horrible as it is wonderful to me. Guys, don't hate on me for this, but this song is like the WORSE/BEST romance novel of all time. It's like watching a sappy chick flick and hoping it ends good, but then it ends bad....they just have to say goodbye, but you don't want them too, but they both know and are okay saying goodbye to each other. Maybe I love it because I've had a similar relationship that was pretty intense....sad. haha.
Yeah, "Say Goodbye" is a close runner up or me. It makes and breaks your heart within the span of 3 minutes and 26 seconds.