User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Karaoke strory -That's Alright!

Hi guys,

I have a horrible hangoover just now but sadly, thanks to the Drunk's alarm clock that wakes you up early when you've been out the night before, I'm up and on The Ledge...

I went out for one quiet drink last night and me and 2 friends decided to go to a bar we hadn't been to before, and they were having a sort of open mic/karaoke night thing.

Now, I can't sing that well. I'm ok at songs that you don't have to belt and with no huge notes/limited range etc, but anything remotely big and it's an out of tune disaster. I do like karaoke though but don't often do it sober but I saw That's Alright on the list of tracks and after being amazed at how random this was I thought, what the Hell...cos I know it's one I'm not entirely useless at. I also wasn;t drunk so uld at least try and sing it properly.

The backing track had the backing vocals on it so I could go louder during "I'Iiiiive been taking my time..." and any really bad bits were hidden, haha..and I won!! 50 quid prize money instantly spent at the bar! Maybe helped that not many people knew the song?!

After the 50 was gone the competition was over but the karaoke was still going, and by now I was pretty much drunk off my ass so I decided to have another go but, jesus, I went for Rhiannon! I don't remember much but I remember twirling (NOT a good idea, very nearly fell) and shouting into the mic that "noooo, don't think you do!" and asking mid song if anyone had a top hat!

My mates couldn't watch me for laughing, others were cheering, laughing with me (I hope!) so really this is a story to say RIP Rhiannon, but it was fun!

Now I have to either get my sorry ass back to bed or drag the duvet to the couch and pick a dvd...
Old 10-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

LMAO, this was very funny.
Ok, I think I'm gonna have to plan a karaoke night now !
Rhiannon is really hard to sing, so yeah, you can only do it when you're drunk...
And the top hat thing... LOL
Old 10-31-2009, 05:52 AM
Senior Ledgie

Haha, sounds like you had an amazing night! I always see FM songs whenever I go to karaoke but I've never got the courage up to go for it yet, maybe one day!
Old 10-31-2009, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Nice
Old 11-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

Wow I wish I was there to see that!! LOL
Old 11-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaDonna View Post
Wow I wish I was there to see that!! LOL
No you don't... having now seen a tiny clip that my mate oh so thoughtfully recorded on his phone... Jesus, that £50 was well drunk! I do fall while twirling!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Hi guys,

I have a horrible hangoover just now but sadly, thanks to the Drunk's alarm clock that wakes you up early when you've been out the night before, I'm up and on The Ledge...

I went out for one quiet drink last night and me and 2 friends decided to go to a bar we hadn't been to before, and they were having a sort of open mic/karaoke night thing.

Now, I can't sing that well. I'm ok at songs that you don't have to belt and with no huge notes/limited range etc, but anything remotely big and it's an out of tune disaster. I do like karaoke though but don't often do it sober but I saw That's Alright on the list of tracks and after being amazed at how random this was I thought, what the Hell...cos I know it's one I'm not entirely useless at. I also wasn;t drunk so uld at least try and sing it properly.

The backing track had the backing vocals on it so I could go louder during "I'Iiiiive been taking my time..." and any really bad bits were hidden, haha..and I won!! 50 quid prize money instantly spent at the bar! Maybe helped that not many people knew the song?!

After the 50 was gone the competition was over but the karaoke was still going, and by now I was pretty much drunk off my ass so I decided to have another go but, jesus, I went for Rhiannon! I don't remember much but I remember twirling (NOT a good idea, very nearly fell) and shouting into the mic that "noooo, don't think you do!" and asking mid song if anyone had a top hat!

My mates couldn't watch me for laughing, others were cheering, laughing with me (I hope!) so really this is a story to say RIP Rhiannon, but it was fun!

Now I have to either get my sorry ass back to bed or drag the duvet to the couch and pick a dvd...
That's funny.