User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-18-2021, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I feel this way, too. This classic album isn’t a classic. There is an intriguing blend of electric and acoustic guitars, and vibrant if not yet wholly matured vocals. But the album doesn’t really cohere. Most of the songs are underwhelming and supported by an undistinguished rhythm section. Only “Frozen Love” merits the hype. It’s also the only song that feels truly collaborative.
"Don't Let Me Down Again" is pretty solid songwriting that just needed a stronger bass and drums so is "Crystal" but yeah if a nude photo of one the most striking young couples in rock history couldn't sell it. You could tell there was something there it just hadn't galvanized yet until they joined up with Fleetwood and the Mcvies then you had the aural equivalent of the old Reese's peanut butter cup ad where someone trips and their chocolate bar falls into someone else's peanut butter jar.

Old 03-17-2021, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Publishing Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Didn’t Stevie and Lindsey sell their publishing rights or something? Who owns Buckingham Nicks now? Will that album ever get released like on Spotify and iTunes?
If both Stevie and Lindsey sold the majority interest of their past catalogs, wouldn’t the decision to re-release BN rest solely with those two companies?
Old 03-17-2021, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
If both Stevie and Lindsey sold the majority interest of their past catalogs, wouldn’t the decision to re-release BN rest solely with those two companies?
You would certainly think so. I guess it's up to them if the cost is worth the risk if it only sells a few thousand copies. It wouldn't be that different than releasing Time or BTM.

I'm sure they didn't buy the catalogs because they're super fans! It's an investment. Investors don't like bad business moves...