User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Wow. That guy has some gall, with his rude tweet.
I recall someone posting that he also had some pretty pointed replies on Twitter to criticisms of his production work on IYD.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
I recall someone posting that he also had some pretty pointed replies on Twitter to criticisms of his production work on IYD.
I didn't mean Dave...I was referring to the 'selfishly thinking of herself' guy.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 05-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I didn't mean Dave...I was referring to the 'selfishly thinking of herself' guy.
Ah! Sorry. Yes, agreed. If anything, this solo album demonstrates nothing but generosity towards her fans...
Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Here's a comment that Dave just posted on Facebook. I continue to think that there's no doubt here that Stevie is on board.
Larger version

I don't think Dave will stand for people running Stevie or their work into the ground...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-15-2014 at 10:46 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
funny his post is the only one DS replied to... although there are other mean posts, but are not related to her FM involvement

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
The real stumbling block regarding the upcoming Mac album is the imminent band tour. There seems to be no conceivable reason for touring at this stage (so soon after the previous one and without any new product due to be released), other than a cash-grab. Yes I've read the spin about welcoming Christine back into the fold, but that's just nonsense. If the band truly wanted to get the album completed and issued, then the tour would not be occurring at this stage.
I am somewhat disappointed by Stevie's (perceived) lack of enthusiasm for a Mac album, but even if she had been available from March to April (when the recording sessions occurred), there still wouldn't have been a finished album.
It might be argued that Lindsey and Christine have ceased recording for the time being due to Stevie's lack of involvement, but it's equally possible that they don't wish to continue at this stage for other reasons. Christine has spoken about wanting to return to the UK before the tour rehearsals begin in July and perhaps Lindsey wishes to spend time with his family during the interim period (somebody here recently mentioned him usually vacationing at this time of year). There is also John's medical condition/treatment to consider - none of us know exactly what his current situation is.
I have said this before and still believe that Stevie had intended to record a solo album this year, prior to Christine's decision to re-join the band. Undoubtedly, she and Dave Stewart would have planned the Nashville sessions some time ago, with Blackbird Studios and the 'wrecking crew' of musicians having been booked some time in advance.
Dave is constantly working with all manner of artists and just to pin him down for a few consecutive weeks would be a challenge in itself. He has previously mentioned collaborating with Stevie on new compositions over the last couple of years and so they obviously have maintained a working relationship since the In Your Dreams album/tour/documentary ran it's course.
Stevie has spoken about locating the 'vault' demos for her latest album on Youtube and I suspect this was undertaken some time last year. In order for these 17 or 18 songs to be knocked out so quickly in the studio, sufficient time would have been required to become familiar with them and pre-determine arrangements etc. Therefore, I do honestly think Stevie was committed to this solo project before any firm plans were hatched for a Mac album.
As frustrating as this all might be to fans, this band always takes it's sweet time in getting anything done and this next album will be no exception. One could argue that Stevie is disinterested and non-committal; Lindsey is dictatorial and tactless; Christine might be capricious; John has been ill and Mick has been stirring the proverbial pot... who knows? There's no point apportioning blame as this won't alter the situation. We just need to hope that age doesn't wither these individuals and that eventually new music is bestowed upon us.
You're right. Thanks for the perspective. But it's that last sentence I am most concerned about.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Larger version

I don't think Dave will stand for people running Stevie or their work into the ground...
So glad that we Dave, given that Stevie doesn't engage with social media.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Larger version

Very tacky thing to do
Old 05-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. notice he stated that plan AFTER they apparently got Stevie's assurance she's on board with the album?

unlike fans, Lindsey is now getting what he wants too - cash-grab FM tour raking in millions, then album that he was trying to get out for the last 5 years so what's 1 more year for him, and another cash-grab tour, raking in another set of millions.

so yes, everything is hunky-dory in Lindsey's world now.

yet we are getting another same-ole greatest hits tour for twice the price of the last one (but yes it will be great to see/hear Christine / the whole band), another year or more of waiting to hear the songs we knew about for the last 2 years, and then having to pay for yet another FM tour in 2015/2016. so the money Lindsey et al are happily grabbing is flowing out of our pockets - if we are willing to give it to them.
I get where your coming from.
I just don't know when it was first agreed upon (the assurance). Was this something that was decided upon several months ago, but not revealed until recently? I don't know? Was this just recently decided and then the statement was released the next day? I don't know. To me, knowing the answer to those questions makes a difference. I may have missed something, perhaps an article or interview . Has any member of the band been asked if they were going to record and release an album before this up coming tour, to which someone stated, that they didn't know if Stevie would be involved? That's the part that is confusing me. Because, if that is the case, I am unaware of that information. I know she has voiced her reluctance in the past, I just didn't know there was reluctance stated since Christine has returned.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
I get where your coming from.
I just don't know when it was first agreed upon (the assurance). Was this something that was decided upon several months ago, but not revealed until recently? I don't know? Was this just recently decided and then the statement was released the next day? I don't know. To me, knowing the answer to those questions makes a difference. I may have missed something, perhaps an article or interview . Has any member of the band been asked if they were going to record and release an album before this up coming tour, to which someone stated, that they didn't know if Stevie would be involved? That's the part that is confusing me. Because, if that is the case, I am unaware of that information. I know she has voiced her reluctance in the past, I just didn't know there was reluctance stated since Christine has returned.
I don't think they ever expressed a plan or goal to complete the album before the tour, but they definitely mentioned that they didn't know what Stevie's plans were or when she would join them. When Lindsey mentioned that sort of agreement it was a clear change in how they had previously talked about it. So I think we can reasonably conclude it was a new development at that time and not something that had already been arranged months earlier.

Her reluctance is implied by her lack of eagerness. It's clear they would've liked her there working with them. She chose to be elsewhere.....and this is just me, but it feels like she's throwing them a bone by saying she'll do it after the tour.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I don't think they ever expressed a plan or goal to complete the album before the tour, but they definitely mentioned that they didn't know what Stevie's plans were or when she would join them. When Lindsey mentioned that sort of agreement it was a clear change in how they had previously talked about it. So I think we can reasonably conclude it was a new development at that time and not something that had already been arranged months earlier.
And your point is....
Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Lindsey and Christine quit the band. Oh, and by the way, so did Stevie. They all have. In all instances the band went on and recorded without them. Stevie could quit the band if she doesn't want to record with them...that's the considerate thing to do.... but instead she's keeping them hanging on hoping she'll join them to make an album. Who cares if she keeps the Fleetwood Mac name out there if they don't put new music out (and it's her fault)? I'd rather she be in the studio.
She didn't quit the band for a decade and she only did it because of Silver Springs. She has been more loyal to the band than they have.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
She didn't quit the band for a decade and she only did it because of Silver Springs. She has been more loyal to the band than they have.
She didn't quit the band for a decade because they reunited before then. If Lindsey had quit in 1990 then he wouldn't have quit for a decade either. The band came calling in 1997 when everything, as they say, organically came together. Stevie didn't just decide, ok it's time. So the fact that she was out for less time is circumstantial based on her quitting at a later date.

The reasons for anyone quitting is irrelevant to this point because the end result is the same. They all have their reasons and none more valid than the other, and if one is it would be Christine's desire to retire.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2014 at 01:05 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
And your point is....
My point directly relates to an inquiry in the post I was responding to, naturally. Read that post and mine will make sense in context.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-16-2014 at 12:59 AM..
Old 05-16-2014, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can't say that song didn't cross my mind as I typed that. Though I did not know she had covered it herself.