User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They could do something with Straight Back where Chris came out from behind the piano when they shared a vocal and make it seem more like a duet, which is a dynamic Chris and Stevie have never created on stage before. The fans would like that. But I don't think FM would actually do it.

Michele
Yeah that would be pretty interesting and the audience would eat it up, but you're right, it would likely never happen. Chris is already on record as saying she never enjoys when she has to come out from behind the keys (World Turning, Everywhere, Tusk).

I would love for this tour (and at this point, it's very likely this could be IT for the band) to shed some light on Tango and Mirage. Straight Back, That's Alright, Hold Me, Book of Love, Tango (the song), Seven Wonders, Little Lies, Isn't it Midnight, would all be great to hear. As would When I See You Again and Family Man....kidding!
Old 05-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Empire State would be awesome!!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They could do something with Straight Back where Chris came out from behind the piano when they shared a vocal and make it seem more like a duet, which is a dynamic Chris and Stevie have never created on stage before. The fans would like that. But I don't think FM would actually do it.

Michele
Well, back in '87, with just Christine on piano & Stevie singing, they did "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You". That's about the only time, I've seen JUST THE GIRLS on stage together. It's a dynamic that I thought they could've exploited much more on subsequent tours, but they never did. Definitely think they could revisit that dynamic for this upcoming tour.

That song followed by just Rick, Mick & John on stage doing "I Loved Another Woman" was just an incredible back-to-back performance. That '87 tour is pretty close to the best live shows that Fleetwood Mac has done in their history (that I've seen in person, that is)...the song choices, the execution of each song, the pacing of the set, and even the stage lighting. Doesn't get much better than that tour. (I hope they can at least make a run at it this coming tour)
Old 05-11-2014, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
For that money, you can buy a ticket to the Netherlands next year, visit Amsterdam, and pay about 85 dollars for a perfect general admission place on the Floor. AND meet ME for free. Hey, I'll buy you a beer or two, too.

Sorry to burst your bubble but tickets from Newark to AMS have been over $1000 for the past 5 years now, and, this year, are up to $1500.

$750. Man, I wish.

Old 05-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Ledgie

Wink

Quote:

Michele
I don't think LB would like it. He sees SN and CM as his harem...
Old 05-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but tickets from Newark to AMS have been over $1000 for the past 5 years now, and, this year, are up to $1500.

$750. Man, I wish.
Cheap seats are about $150 and the best seats are around $1800?
Whew! Lord have mercy!
Old 05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Ocean View Post
I don't think LB would like it. He sees SN and CM as his harem...
I highly doubt that. Aside from that, I've never known that men with harems had a problem with the concubines getting together for a song. Indeed, the King of Siam used to enjoy it quite a bit, when his wives did.

Michele
Old 05-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Still not believing these prices. I remember getting a cheap seat for $40.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:48 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Business model has changed radically. Tours used to support album sales. Now the tour is what they actually selling

^^exactly this
Old 05-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I've said this before but their actual face value ticket prices aren't anymore then they normally are. It's the fact that ticketmaster is actually partnering up with scalpers that tickets are reaching the 500 to 1000 range.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-11-2014, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I think I've said this before but their actual face value ticket prices aren't anymore then they normally are. It's the fact that ticketmaster is actually partnering up with scalpers that tickets are reaching the 500 to 1000 range.
Well where can I get a ticket around the $40 range for Columbus, Ohio show? You know I love Fleetwood Mac, but I would rather make my house payment.

Last edited by Jondalar; 05-11-2014 at 05:07 PM..
Old 05-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

$750. Man, I wish.
You have to search, but there are still 650 eurotickets if you are early enough..

Old 05-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You have to search, but there are still 650 eurotickets if you are early enough..
Yes, from Amsterdam to Newark has always been much cheaper than flying from here to Amsterdam. And I search for affordable tickets almost daily, year around.
Trust me, I know it well, I have to fly home to visit Netherlands relatives often, when they come here, it's much cheaper flying. Who knows why.

Old 06-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Huffington Post June 2, 2014 by Wendi Aarons

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wendi-...b_5374751.html

Video may have killed the radio star, but never fear, music fans! Bands that were big in the '80s are coming to a stadium near you this summer, for "reunion," "farewell," and "redux" tours -- because the radio star needs to pay for college for his kids, and rebuild the retirement account that was wasted on hookers and blow back in the peak earning years. Here's a helpful reminder of who's on tour this summer, why you may want to go, what to wear if you do, and the substance that'll help you drown your sorrows when you remember that you first listened to most of this music on a cassette tape.

Fleetwood Mac: Why is this the most expensive concert of the entire summer? Baby, I don't wanna know-oh. But we're guessing there's some kind of hazard pay involved to lure five musicians with a history of infighting back to the same stage. Will there be any songs that WON'T lead to sing-alongs and interpretive Stevie-ish dancing by audience members? Oh, God, no. This audience will even lose their s*** over "Tusk." Therefore, dress yourself in your gypsy-thrift-shop finest for maximum twirling. Or, if you're a man, pull your black leather blazer out of the attic and join Lindsey Buckingham in looking like a 65-year-old Narc.

Recreational substance: Grass.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well, back in '87, with just Christine on piano & Stevie singing, they did "Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You". That's about the only time, I've seen JUST THE GIRLS on stage together.
...Something which Stevie raps about in the intro here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv4uIdH_gdc