User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought it was about that controversial thing I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about (actually, I kinda hope we're not, since the conversation usually goes nowhere and only ticks people off) that involved Don Henley.
People talk about it. Those fights usually take place in the Stevie forum.

Michele
Old 08-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I thought it was about that controversial thing I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about (actually, I kinda hope we're not, since the conversation usually goes nowhere and only ticks people off) that involved Don Henley.
Yeah, me, too. A real baby and not miscarried either...she has talked about this, years ago, around the same time that she did a series of very sad interviews that I personally had a hard time reading Still makes me feel sad for her when I think about those interviews.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
YouTube launched, I believe, in 2005. DVD debuted in 1997 so I doubt there were recordable DVDs yet. Funny, I first had high speed Internet in 2001, but was using dial up for nearly a decade before that probably.
Me, too!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:53 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
As far as I know, in addition to the DVD there are bootleg videos of:

Uniondale
Pittsburgh
Camden
East Rutherford
Minnesota
St. Louis
Albany
New York
Landover

They aren't especially good quality though.
I've also Moline show 11/18/97
Old 08-23-2013, 09:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror69 View Post
Any better quality than my Landover 1997? Mine's so grainy for the most part that it's hard to view, (hasn't stopped me tho) but the sound is pretty good! When LB goes after SN for the kiss at the end, my VHS copy makes it look like he steamrolls her, lol! Well, he kind of does....hahaha
Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirror69 View Post
Yes. I overlooked that one. I have it here labeled 11/14.

I should really copy this stuff from VHS to DVD or if I'm too lazy, pay someone to do it. They're few enough shows that it would be worth it.
Michele
Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes. I overlooked that one. I have it here labeled 11/14.

I should really copy this stuff from VHS to DVD or if I'm too lazy, pay someone to do it. They're few enough shows that it would be worth it.
Michele
Been thinking the same thing...I'm lazy, too, and I have the whole set up, just need to set it up, lol!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

[QUOTE=secret love;1100877]Listen to Thrown Down, then listen to Bleed to Love Her, then listen to Everybody Finds Out, then listen to Steal Your Heart Away in that order and tell me what you think.

I have my personal opinion or idea about the BN relationship but I don't want to spoil your ...

Ok, I listened in order, but I'm only good at the obvious, more literal lyrics and don't follow so what is your take (unless the spoiler alerted me to your take already?)? And in that case, I'll check it out again!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I would also suggest listening to Fall From Grace, which is also confirmed to be about Lindsey and written circa The Dance/post-Dance. And Cast Away Dreams which is one which I find extremely fascinating. Also, Destiny Rules which is a favourite, if only for the joy/misery I find in both of them clinging to 'destiny' and 'fate' as justification for why things are the way they are. And My Heart/You May Be The One if we're focusing in on the Dance through SYW period. There's others too but I think those first two tell an interesting story and the latter two are interesting in terms of emotional 'residue' as Lindsey would say.
It's like Stevie said about the record, Say You Will, it's all there...everything about their relationship. TISL had a few, too. And, to me...so many of S&L's lyrics are so literal that all you have to do is read them and realize the story that is right there before your eyes. Especially since The Dance and subsequent tour.

I was listening to Candlebright last nite...God, she sings that so beautifully and so earnestly. You can tell she moved around a lot as a kid and I think she kind of always held and to this day still does on to LB as her rock so to speak, that one for sure, that will always be there if I really need him...brings to mind some of his not so nice lyrics in What Makes You Think I'm the One?
Old 08-24-2013, 12:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=Desiree;1100972
to this day still does on to LB as her rock so to speak, that one for sure, that will always be there if I really need him... [/QUOTE]

I don't want to speculate too much, but I think it's safe to say if Stevie ever really needed Lindsey, he will be for her whether he liked it or not.

It's obvious that there's A LOT of stuff that has happened between Stevie and Lindsey that we don't know about, and may never know (which is appropriate, because everyone should be allow to have their own secrets), unless someone from the band spills the beans (so to speak).

Such as I have seen several of Stevie's IYD interviews where she said that when Lindsey went to help her record Soldiers Angels for her CD, he was there for 2 or 3 days they talked and reconnected and became friends all over again, but then he left and she finished the CD with Dave, or at least that was the impression I got from the interviews.

Well that's seems to be only part of the story, because Lindsey said in a Seeds we Sow interview that he spent quite a bit of time with Stevie towards the end of her making her CD, so it goes to show you, you never know what's really going on unless your are there (and if you are there, you have to e-mail me and tell me everything )

I for one am anxiously waiting for Stevie to write her book. I will camp outside Barnes and Nobles for a week to be first in line for that one.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post

Such as I have seen several of Stevie's IYD interviews where she said that when Lindsey went to help her record Soldiers Angels for her CD, he was there for 2 or 3 days they talked and reconnected and became friends all over again, but then he left and she finished the CD with Dave, or at least that was the impression I got from the interviews.

Well that's seems to be only part of the story, because Lindsey said in a Seeds we Sow interview that he spent quite a bit of time with Stevie towards the end of her making her CD, so it goes to show you, you never know what's really going on unless your are there (and if you are there, you have to e-mail me and tell me everything )
Only if you will do the same!
I for one am anxiously waiting for Stevie to write her book. I will camp outside Barnes and Nobles for a week to be first in line for that one.
I thought she said something like she wasn't going to write a book because everyone is still alive! Gotta love her!
Old 08-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
YouTube launched, I believe, in 2005. DVD debuted in 1997 so I doubt there were recordable DVDs yet. Funny, I first had high speed Internet in 2001, but was using dial up for nearly a decade before that probably.
Just to be clear in my original post I was indeed being nostalgic about the rise of the internet which even at 19, nearly 20 yo; I full well remember the advent of the Internet.

It is funny how recent youtube is in grand scheme of things. I was only 12 at the time! Oh and although this Stevie and lindsey relationship dynamic is interesting it is definitely not my fave thing about the band. Mainly I admire their professionalism after all thes years they are still not phoning it in.
James.

Last edited by secret love; 08-24-2013 at 04:38 PM..
Old 08-24-2013, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
When you meet Stevie and Lindsey, are you going to ask them if they were still sleeping together as late as 1997?
Obviously not that would be rude.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Obviously not that would be rude.
Hahaha! Funny, funny...there have been times where if given the chance , I just might have asked, lol!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
Hahaha! Funny, funny...there have been times where if given the chance , I just might have asked, lol!
Best not to...Karen (Stevie's Personal Assistant) might thump you one (verbally).