Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!
dani i love ya, but no way, i hate those mofo's as bad as i do the yankees!!!~

i did see he cameraman gave me a quick glimpse of hottie cole hamels before the phillies loss, he is so lip licking delicious!!!~ mama mia....

can someone explain to me the whole black beard crap the giants are sporting, well at least their pitchers?, they all look like the a in disguise~
Old 10-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool My Pirates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Arrrr! If only the Pirates be stupid enough to take on Chone Figgins' contract, then it be smooth sailin' ahead!
have have become of ye.

Haven't had a great season since the early 1990's and no championship since the GREAT 1979 World Series win (aka "We Are Family" team with the great team leader Willie Stargell) over the Orioles.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Prob going to root for the Giants to win the WS, just because I have developed an odd liking of both Brian Wilson (I can't not sing "do do do do, do do dooo" every time they bring him in) and Tim Lincecum. There is something fun about them to me. Long as they promise not to cause any earthquakes with their World Series-ness this year.

But really, I'm game with either team, because neither has won in awhile (or the Rangers ever, right?) and that's kind of awesome.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Arrrr! If only the Pirates be stupid enough to take on Chone Figgins' contract, then it be smooth sailin' ahead!
Oh please oh please oh please Sadly, our new manager is talking about Chone being a piece of the puzzle that's already in place God help the Mariners in 2011...
Old 10-24-2010, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
Prob going to root for the Giants to win the WS, just because I have developed an odd liking of both Brian Wilson (I can't not sing "do do do do, do do dooo" every time they bring him in) and Tim Lincecum. There is something fun about them to me. Long as they promise not to cause any earthquakes with their World Series-ness this year.

But really, I'm game with either team, because neither has won in awhile (or the Rangers ever, right?) and that's kind of awesome.
Me too, and I can't explain it. though it's still Rangers all the way for me
Old 10-24-2010, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How did he turn into such a dog after being such a sparkplug in Anaheim?
Old 10-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
How did he turn into such a dog after being such a sparkplug in Anaheim?
He got in trouble once this year...called out for not hustling. He denied it, but then came out for about 2 games playing amazing baseball. He was all over the place, making ridiculous plays, trying to prove his critics wrong. Then, poof, went right back to letting us down. Watching the play-offs, I keep wishing out loud that we ( Seattle ) could have Ian Kinsler. And Jason Werth. And Elvis Andrus. I know Kinsler and Andrus are pipe dreams, but Jason is available now!
Old 10-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

As a born and raised Californian who has never lived to see the Giants get beyond the first few rounds of the playoffs... I could not be more excited, nor could I be sadder that I'm not in
San Francisco right now My parents and sister are going to the opening game and I'm stuck here without a TV

Sigh. Took that the night before I left for college-- my dad and I went to a game. SO EXCITED for us to WIN!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
I keep wishing out loud that we ( Seattle ) could have Ian Kinsler. And Elvis Andrus.
Not gonna happen anytime soon...But I understand the desire.

After all these years the Rangers have a great double-play combo at SS & 2B and they're not leaving anytime soon.

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read that regardless of who wins the World Series, Bengi Molina will get a ring, since he played long enough for the Giants earlier in the season and obviously, plays for the Rangers now. That's pretty awesome and can't be something that happens too often!
Old 10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
Not gonna happen anytime soon...But I understand the desire.

After all these years the Rangers have a great double-play combo at SS & 2B and they're not leaving anytime soon.
Yeah, I know. Like I said, pipe dreams. I'll always have my dreams! Nolan won't let them go any time soon! I hope Smoak lives up to his potential for us. That would give the Mariners, IMO, 1 infielder, 2 outfielders and 2 pitchers. Woo hoo!!!! Not too bad, huh? I love 'em though
Old 10-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up One thing to think about...

Quote:
Just read that regardless of who wins the World Series, Bengi Molina will get a ring, since he played long enough for the Giants earlier in the season and obviously, plays for the Rangers now. That's pretty awesome and can't be something that happens too often!
is Bengie is probably giving scouting reports to the Rangers lineup on what to expect from the Giants pitching staff. So that's a plus for the Rangers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan
I hope Smoak lives up to his potential for us.
I felt Justin wasn't given much of a fair chance in Arlington with Chris Davis and Mitch Moreland, at the time, lying in the wait.

I think he will produce if given the amount of time to adjust to the majors since he is still relatively young and wasnt in the Rangers minor system all that long.

Old 10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
is Bengie is probably giving scouting reports to the Rangers lineup on what to expect from the Giants pitching staff. So that's a plus for the Rangers.

I felt Justin wasn't given much of a fair chance in Arlington with Chris Davis and Mitch Moreland, at the time, lying in the wait.

I think he will produce if given the amount of time to adjust to the majors since he is still relatively young and wasnt in the Rangers minor system all that long.
The article had a quote from Lincecum that basically said that Bengie molded him into the pitcher he is today, as well as gave his influence some credit for the success of a few other Giants pitchers, so this should definitely be interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-molina102410
Old 10-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up I agree...

Quote:
The article had a quote from Lincecum that basically said that Bengie molded him into the pitcher he is today, as well as gave his influence some credit for the success of a few other Giants pitchers, so this should definitely be interesting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=sh-molina102410
that Bengie helped the Giant starters to master their trade, so it will indeed be interesting.

As for Bengie, here is a link to my favorite Rangers broadcast moment of the year - Featuring Bengie Melina at Fenway on July 16th of this year (With FSW announcers Josh Lewin and Tom "Mr.Ranger" Grieve), watching Bengie running the bases for a triple has the best announcing dialog EVER:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=9969169

Last edited by estranged4life; 10-24-2010 at 06:42 PM..
Old 10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If nothing else, Seattle is definitely patient I feel good about him, and his chances of success here.