Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Hold Me Backing Vocals

Ok, in Hold Me whos shouting in the background? You know, after the 'Hold me, Hold me-he'. I think they say "I'm Holding"

My Dad reckons it's Micks
Old 01-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Are you talking about Lindsey saying "come on and"? And then Chris says "Hold me"
Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They say "Why don't you", "Come on and", "I want you to". I can't remember if they do those exact phrases in the recording but they are doing it live because I always think Stevie and Lindsey are being obnoxious during Christine's song.
Old 01-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think he/she is referring to the second "Hold me" in the chorus where there is some kind of a "bark" that comes in simultaneously. To me it sounds like Lindsey inserting a quirky tape snippet of layered vocals that's almost used as a percussive sound.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think he/she is referring to the second "Hold me" in the chorus where there is some kind of a "bark" that comes in simultaneously. To me it sounds like Lindsey inserting a quirky tape snippet of layered vocals that's almost used as a percussive sound.
That little bark sounds like one of Stevie's Yorkies. I always thought it was Christine, with some tweaking done by Lindsey.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:10 PM

That's not the first time we've heard barking from LB....

Holiday road oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Holiday road oh oh oh oh oh oh

ruff ruff......ruff
ruff ruff .....ruff...
Old 01-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
Ok, in Hold Me whos shouting in the background? You know, after the 'Hold me, Hold me-he'. I think they say "I'm Holding"

My Dad reckons it's Micks
It's "Come on and..." (Hold me)... and "Why dont you..." (Hold me)
Old 01-14-2010, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I can't remember if they do those exact phrases in the recording but they are doing it live because I always think Stevie and Lindsey are being obnoxious during Christine's song.
That makes me laugh. I only saw the Mirage show twice on tour, so there's not a lot to go on, but I always thought that Stevie seemed so disinterested in singing on Hold Me for some reason. The only song she seemed to like to sing less was Tusk. It's just when she would wander up to the mic for her parts, she didn't seem that concerned about whether she got there or not. Now, that she and Lindsey are alone, of course she sings Tusk, full participation, but in the past, it seemed kind of iffy.

Michele
Old 01-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That makes me laugh. I only saw the Mirage show twice on tour, so there's not a lot to go on, but I always thought that Stevie seemed so disinterested in singing on Hold Me for some reason. The only song she seemed to like to sing less was Tusk. It's just when she would wander up to the mic for her parts, she didn't seem that concerned about whether she got there or not. Now, that she and Lindsey are alone, of course she sings Tusk, full participation, but in the past, it seemed kind of iffy.

Michele
Really?? Was that before or after Robin died? I saw a youtube of "Tusk" from the Tusk tour and she was all into it. She even sang "Tusk!" at the wrong time all by herself and I was thinking, "Stevie's first thoughts of going solo..."
Old 01-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I saw one Mirage show, and Lindsey was screaming, "why don't you come on and uh".
Old 01-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I also saw two Mirage shows and Stevie seemed totally into singing Hold Me. It was Hold Me, Hold Me Yeah! She really accentuated the yeah parts. I agree with what you said about her participation on Tusk, B4 and after Christine's FM tenure.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Really?? Was that before or after Robin died? I saw a youtube of "Tusk" from the Tusk tour and she was all into it. She even sang "Tusk!" at the wrong time all by herself and I was thinking, "Stevie's first thoughts of going solo..."
I first saw the show in September 1982 in Michigan, then I saw it a month later in California. But also on the Us Festival video she seems distracted too.

Michele
Old 01-15-2010, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I saw one Mirage show, and Lindsey was screaming, "why don't you come on and uh".
Yeah. I remember Lindsey screaming too. He would have screamed all over his Think About Me parts live as well, given a chance. I can see him wagging his head back and forth and yelling "every once in a while" very clearly in my head as if it happened. Michele
Old 01-17-2010, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
That's not the first time we've heard barking from LB....

Holiday road oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh
Holiday road oh oh oh oh oh oh

ruff ruff......ruff
ruff ruff .....ruff...
TRUE TRUE TRUE. Peace keeer anyone? BAH BA BWA BWA BWA BWA. I HATE IT. HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

ALSO, I always thought the Dance version of the chain was perfection, or would be with out his RANRUNRUNRANUANAUAN! RENRUNRUNUANAUANRUAN!
Old 01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah. I remember Lindsey screaming too. He would have screamed all over his Think About Me parts live as well, given a chance. I can see him wagging his head back and forth and yelling "every once in a while" very clearly in my head as if it happened. Michele
While I don't care for punk music, I certainly appreciate the ENERGY that he brought to the performance of the song!