The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac?
Yes 41 28.47%
No 103 71.53%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Do You Want To See The Eagles Tour With Fleetwood Mac

Pretty self explanatory. We've talked about it, so let's see what the numbers actually are.

I say NOO!!!!

Never thought I would- but tix would be ridiculous, and the sets would probably be pretty bland.

Less Rockin' Lindsey and Sexy Stevie time!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'd like to see The Eagles in concert at some point, just not with Fleetwood Mac. I think it's a big mistake for Fleetwood Mac to be an opening act for anyone, for big money or any other reason. They are too good for that.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I selected 'Yes' because I have always wanted to see the Eagles so I think this type of tour would be great providing the tickets arent too crazy expensive. I dont want to pay more than $200 or so for a floor seat though thats for sure. I was thinking it would be cool for them to have the floor be all seats except for the front area they could have it be general admission. I saw Bon Jovi at Heinz Field about 3-4 years ago and my friend and i got general admission pit seats and it was so much fun because they only sold a certain amount of tickets so that there was plenty of room to see the band and you werent packed in at all. my friend and i were able to stand in the back of the pit and watch the show with nobody around us and we had a fantastic view. it was one of the best shows i have seen and a lot of fun!!
Old 12-22-2009, 01:20 PM
Senior Ledgie

I consider this whole thing as a rumour which will never actually happen but the answer to this question is easy: NO, NO, NO!! Simply cause I don't like the Eagles. If I go to an FM concert I want to see FM and nobody else. Perhaps I'd think about it if the other band was somebody I liked but the Eagles are a no-go.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think this will happen but I;d love to see it, just not as a tour, which is why I selected No. Tickets would be prohibitively expensive apart from for the (very) priviliged few and this would mean that so many actual fans couldn;t see the shows.

I would hoever love to see them do a joint gig so if they released a dvd of a show, something like M's The Dance or one of the Eagles many similar dvds, then I'd buy it immediately!
Old 12-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I don't think this will happen but I;d love to see it, just not as a tour, which is why I selected No. Tickets would be prohibitively expensive apart from for the (very) priviliged few and this would mean that so many actual fans couldn;t see the shows.

I would hoever love to see them do a joint gig so if they released a dvd of a show, something like M's The Dance or one of the Eagles many similar dvds, then I'd buy it immediately!
That I can agree on- that would be cool!
Old 12-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Supporting Ledgie

other than Fleetwood Mac making another record, and touring behind that... I would much rather see Lindsey & Stevie do a tour supporting the a release of Buckingham Nicks.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

HELL NO.
But I'm not seeing it happen anyway, the ego's involved are much too big.
It's like the Metallica/Guns N Roses tour from '92, and that was disastrous.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 12-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

NO. Not only do I disapprove of this idea, but I will mourn if it actually happens. I will cry. This is not okay.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
HELL NO.
It's like the Metallica/Guns N Roses tour from '92, and that was disastrous.

That's exactly what I was thinking. GnR, Metallica and an opening act. Extreme, I think. At the time I loved both bands, but seeing them separately was MUCH better.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If they did one show together for a special benefit I would be all for it. Just to go out on the road as a double bill is something neither band needs to do. For now I voted "no" but I really can't make up my mind until the details are released. I'd like to see some Walsh/Nicks/Buckingham interaction. Now that might be interesting.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
other than Fleetwood Mac making another record, and touring behind that... I would much rather see Lindsey & Stevie do a tour supporting the a release of Buckingham Nicks.
Absolutely! This is the best case scenario. They've both said that they want the album released on cd so I really don't get what's stopping them. They must own the masters by now if they didn't before, it's been over 30 years!, so I don't buy that they have no control over whether it's released or not.

I've heard that it's to do with the cover picture and that Stevie hates it. Fair enough, but surely that is easily solved? There are hundereds of pics of the 2 of them from that era...
Old 12-22-2009, 08:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

****, they could even re-record the tunes and release it now. What a bright idea!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I say no for multiple reasons. I'm a big fan of both bands... and I've never seen the Eagles live. I'd love to see them. My biggest issue with this pairing is we'd be getting a watered down, caricatured version of both bands... at an exorbitant price. The media will just have a field day with this tour too. I can hear the token terms "soft rock dinosaurs" and "aging rockers" used ad naseum. It's the last thing the Mac needs for their credibility.

More importantly to me, I'm boycotting Fleetwood Mac at the moment until they have new material to support. My absolute favorite part about seeing Fleetwood Mac/solo members shows is how they translate new songs to the stage. And seeing how the songs are tweaked as the tour progresses. After all, I've heard Rhiannon and Go Your Own Way "a million billion times" (to paraphrase Joe Walsh on the subject of banging Stevie ).
Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Couldn't have said it better myself, Mr. Louie.