The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you! I had no idea a few of these were done live--or even in rehearsal.

I used to think "Believe Me" never made it past tour rehearsals. "Warm Ways" was a treat to hear. As was the '75 version of "Frozen Love" with John's, ummm, laconic introduction.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I used to think "Believe Me" never made it past tour rehearsals. .
"Believe Me" was one of the better tunes during their March 10, 1977 set at the San Diego Sports Arena! Although, other than Lindsey misreading the set list & starting to introduce the wrong song, which set off both McVies on a hysterical minute of banter, their whole show was pretty awesome that night; but every show needs some comic relief at some point, I guess. The harmonies on "Why" were spine tingling. One of the more powerful versions of "Rhiannon" I've heard in person. And, hearing all the "new" tunes from the just released Rumours was fun.

Also at this show, was one of their last performances of "Green Manalishi"...and one of the better versions Lindsey ever did of "Oh Well" while still playing the white Les Paul Custom. The encore of "Tell Me All The Things You Do" was a real treat for us pre-75'ers.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
"Believe Me" was one of the better tunes during their March 10, 1977 set at the San Diego Sports Arena! Although, other than Lindsey misreading the set list & starting to introduce the wrong song, which set off both McVies on a hysterical minute of banter, their whole show was pretty awesome that night; but every show needs some comic relief at some point, I guess. The harmonies on "Why" were spine tingling. One of the more powerful versions of "Rhiannon" I've heard in person. And, hearing all the "new" tunes from the just released Rumours was fun.

Also at this show, was one of their last performances of "Green Manalishi"...and one of the better versions Lindsey ever did of "Oh Well" while still playing the white Les Paul Custom. The encore of "Tell Me All The Things You Do" was a real treat for us pre-75'ers.
I'd like to hear this. Do you remember any of it?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good thing it was recorded, because I'd never remembered the incident, and I haven't listened to the recording in a while. But, Lindsey was about to introduce "a song from our new album Rumours" (which turned out to be "Dreams") however, he'd misread the set list & skipped that they were supposed to be doing "Rhiannon" next. I forget Christine's comment, but I remember that it was hilarious. Lindsey was kind of stammering a reply, then kicked into "Rhiannon"'s opening riff, meanwhile, before he came in on bass, John stepped to the microphone and curtly said "We are NOT a professional band". They played "Dreams" immediately after "Rhiannon". I thought they did that just as a "makeup" for Lindsey's faux pas, but upon seeing other concerts in this timeframe, that's how the set was designed. In retrospect, in subsequent tours, when did Fleetwood Mac EVER play songs that Stevie sang lead on back-to-back? And, especially with "Rhiannon" being FIRST?? Those first few Rumours tour concerts were pretty special.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow. A show with "Believe Me," "Why," "Green Manalishi," "Oh Well," and "Tell Me..."! That's five pre-75 tunes. And I'll bet there were one or two more? (Counting BN stuff). If only they were as open and accepting of their back catalogue on THIS tour!

One can dream.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Christine left, Lindsey hasn't had any setlist mistakes in FM shows, but he had them fairly often (including during the Dance tour) when she was around.

That dame taking his testosterone ...

It must be because he feels he has to be responsible for less during the set when she's there, than when she's not, so he's less meticulous about checking and remembering.

Michele
Old 05-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Chronological order

I put them in (more or less) chronological order, just because I can't help it:

Trinity - Fleetwood Mac (1972 Germany)
Child of Mine - Fleetwood Mac (1972 Germany)
When Will We Love Again - Buckingham Nicks (1972)
Bad Loser - Fleetwood Mac (1974 Chicago)
I'd Rather Go Blind - Fleetwood Mac (1974 Chicago)
Nightwatch - Fleetwood Mac (1974 Chicago)
Warm Ways - Fleetwood Mac (1975 Tour Rehearsal)
Frozen Love - Fleetwood Mac (1975 Oakland)
Jumping At Shadows - Fleetwood Mac (1975 Oakland)
Sunny Side of Heaven - Fleetwood Mac (1975 Oakland)
Mystery Train - Fleetwood Mac - (1977 Tour Rehearsal)
Believe Me - Fleetwood Mac (1977 Long Island)
Tell Me All the Things You Do (1977 Pennsylvania)
The Ledge - Fleetwood Mac (1979 Rehearsal)
Honey Hi - Fleetwood Mac (1979 Rehearsal)
That's All For Everyone - Fleetwood Mac (1979 Rehearsal)

That's Enough for Me - Fleetwood Mac (1980 Rotterdam)
Leather and Lace - Fleetwood Mac (1982 City of Hope - with Don Henley)
I Will Run To You - Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty (1983 NYC)
Just Crazy Love - Christine McVie (1984 Chicago)
Gypsy - Stevie Nicks (1986 Houston)
Stop Messing Around - Fleetwood Mac (1988 Germany)
Has Anyone Ever Written - Fleetwood Mac (1988 England)
Don't Let Me Down Again - Fleetwood Mac (1988 England)

Second Hand News (Acoustic) - Lindsey Buckingham (1992)
Save Me A Place - Lindsey Buckingham (1993 Boston)
Freedom (Acoustic) - Stevie Nicks (1994 Phoenix) Rehearsal
Dreams (Acoustic) - Stevie Nicks (1994 Phoenix) Rehearsal
Long Way to Go - Stevie Nicks (1994 Los Angeles) Rehearsal
Ooh My Love - Stevie Nicks (1994 Los Angeles) Rehearsal
At the Fair - Stevie Nicks (1994 Ohio State Fair)
Farmer's Daughter - Fleetwood Mac (1997 Tacoma)

Love Is Dangerous - Rick Vito (2000 Ohne Filter)
Don't Let Me Down Again - Fleetwood Mac (2004 Madison)
Frozen Love Intro & Say Goodbye - Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham (2005 Soundstage)
Don't Stop - Stevie Nicks (2011 Hollywood)
Auld Lang Syne - Fleetwood Mac (2014 Las Vegas)

GJK
Old 05-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Good thing it was recorded, because I'd never remembered the incident, and I haven't listened to the recording in a while. But, Lindsey was about to introduce "a song from our new album Rumours" (which turned out to be "Dreams") however, he'd misread the set list & skipped that they were supposed to be doing "Rhiannon" next. I forget Christine's comment, but I remember that it was hilarious. Lindsey was kind of stammering a reply, then kicked into "Rhiannon"'s opening riff, meanwhile, before he came in on bass, John stepped to the microphone and curtly said "We are NOT a professional band". They played "Dreams" immediately after "Rhiannon". I thought they did that just as a "makeup" for Lindsey's faux pas, but upon seeing other concerts in this timeframe, that's how the set was designed. In retrospect, in subsequent tours, when did Fleetwood Mac EVER play songs that Stevie sang lead on back-to-back? And, especially with "Rhiannon" being FIRST?? Those first few Rumours tour concerts were pretty special.
Ah, so this is how you get John to talk, haha.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Wow. A show with "Believe Me," "Why," "Green Manalishi," "Oh Well," and "Tell Me..."! That's five pre-75 tunes. And I'll bet there were one or two more? (Counting BN stuff). If only they were as open and accepting of their back catalogue on THIS tour!

One can dream.
Other Recorded Pre-75 Performed Live in 1975, 76', and 77' Tunes Performed Live Were "Frozen Love", "Don't Let Me Down Again", "Hypnotized", "Spare Me A Little", and "Station Man"

It is Rumoured that "Crystal", "Bare Trees", "Prove Your Love", "Just Crazy Love", "Angel" (Bob Welch Version With Stevie Singing) and "Rattlesnake Shake" Were Also Performed Live
Old 05-22-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for these treats! Ooh My Love had live potential...I'm surprised. And, it always seems weird to me that considering how rigid Stevie is with 'playing the hits' AND her setlists, that she would play a ho-hum non-hit like No Spoken Word
for 2 (or 3?) tours and rehearse songs like Ooh My Love & Freedom. Long Way To Go should have been played in place of No Spoken Word (& only on the OSOTM tour.)
Ricoh
Old 05-24-2014, 05:26 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricohv View Post
Thanks for these treats! Ooh My Love had live potential...I'm surprised. And, it always seems weird to me that considering how rigid Stevie is with 'playing the hits' AND her setlists, that she would play a ho-hum non-hit like No Spoken Word
for 2 (or 3?) tours and rehearse songs like Ooh My Love & Freedom. Long Way To Go should have been played in place of No Spoken Word (& only on the OSOTM tour.)
Ricoh
I agree about NSW it shouldn't of gotten that much respect, it was not a single and it was performed on 3 (or 4) tours
Old 05-24-2014, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone tell Mike Vielhaber (whoever he is) that he made me cry?

You people are disgusting with your Fleetwood Mac fetish. It makes you forget people like me have feelings too. You are cruel.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
Can someone tell Mike Vielhaber (whoever he is) that he made me cry?

You people are disgusting with your Fleetwood Mac fetish. It makes you forget people like me have feelings too. You are cruel.
You can talk to him yourself, I am not cruel, and it is not illegal unless I am selling it, please do not comment on here, Private message me
Old 05-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank you! These are amazing
Old 05-26-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanscot View Post
Thank you! These are amazing
You're Very Welcome! Enjoy Them!