User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Ledgie

Default Collection (possibly) for sale

Hello to all,

As I am getting a little long in the tooth, and because my adult children show no interest in my Peter Green Collection, my wife and I have considered selling the Collection off. There are many, many rarities in the Collection, including a number of pieces that are the world's only existing copy. I was never in this for any financial gain, but at this late stage in my life, I thought perhaps I should let some of these precious pieces go, and possibly use the money for travel or some other practical purpose. If/when I part with any of this stuff, I would prefer that it go to someone with the shared interest; to give it a good home and pass it on to someone who would cherish them as I have. This is not yet a concrete decision, but one that we are strongly considering. I felt this was the best place to start. If anyone out there is remotely interested, I invite you to contact me. Depending where we get with all of this, I could send a current copy of the Collection Catalogue to interested parties.

My best to you all. Cheers, Don
Old 03-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Interested
Old 03-13-2013, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation

Sorry to hear this Don, but yes, I'd be inteested as well.

John
Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow! If there was anybody's collection of Peter Green items I would covet the most, it would definitely be yours, Mr. Brown. But, being as my finances aren't at a point where I could be in the running for such valuable items, I'll have to pass...but the two other respondants (dansven & wetcamelfood) from years of reading their posts here at the Ledge are definitely worthy of appreciating such a collection in my book.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Wow! If there was anybody's collection of Peter Green items I would covet the most, it would definitely be yours, Mr. Brown. But, being as my finances aren't at a point where I could be in the running for such valuable items, I'll have to pass...but the two other respondants (dansven & wetcamelfood) from years of reading their posts here at the Ledge are definitely worthy of appreciating such a collection in my book.
Thanks Chilli and yeah, I bet many things will be out of my $ range too but it's fun to window shop & kick the tires anyway.

John
Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Thanks for your kind words, chiliD
Old 03-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Ledgie

Sorry to hear this, Don, but it's your decision and I'm sure you've considered why. I'm interrested!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Collection for Sale (possibly)

I'd like to see what you have. Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to buy some of it!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Don,

I'm really interested. I do believe this should stay with the real big fans of Peter Green here on The ledge.

BTW I do hope you get to travel. I had a memorable trip through Kenya in january 2010. Still watch the video's I made quite regularly. No one can take these memories away from me. So where ever you plan to travel, enjoy.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Ledgie

It is not easy decision Don,but i respect that.
I am very interested to own some Peter Green memorabilia .
Thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Ledgie

If interested, please contact me directly at my home email address:
Cheers, Don
Old 03-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Ledgie

Hi,

My home email address didn't show up. I guess the Site doesn't allow that. Please contact me via the 'Private Messages' section of the Site. Thanks, Don
Old 03-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If any of the items in your collection are 45's I'd appreciate being privy to the list as well.
Parting with the things you love and items that have become such a part of your life is a difficult decision-but it's awesome when you know they go to loving homes. =0)
ALK

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 03-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Brown View Post
Hello to all,

As I am getting a little long in the tooth, and because my adult children show no interest in my Peter Green Collection, my wife and I have considered selling the Collection off. There are many, many rarities in the Collection, including a number of pieces that are the world's only existing copy. I was never in this for any financial gain, but at this late stage in my life, I thought perhaps I should let some of these precious pieces go, and possibly use the money for travel or some other practical purpose. If/when I part with any of this stuff, I would prefer that it go to someone with the shared interest; to give it a good home and pass it on to someone who would cherish them as I have. This is not yet a concrete decision, but one that we are strongly considering. I felt this was the best place to start. If anyone out there is remotely interested, I invite you to contact me. Depending where we get with all of this, I could send a current copy of the Collection Catalogue to interested parties.

My best to you all. Cheers, Don
Dear Don

That's a big heavy decision to make. Thank you for letting us know here on The Ledge.

Have you thought of selling your collection as a whole (I mean not split up)? In an ideal world the itemns together should be called "The Don Brown Collection".

All the best to you, whatever you decide to do.

Ms Moose
Old 10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Ledgie

Hi to all,

Thanks to everyone who contacted me, and expressed an interest in the collection. After a lot of soul searching, I have decided to hang onto everything. My loving wife, is adamant that I not sell. Many thanks to her for that.

Cheers, Don