I didn't see if cause the Rumours era left 0 0%
Gave it a chance even though Rumours crew were gone 0 0%
Went anyway - because it's Fleetwood Mac 3 100.00%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Time Tour Stories

[edit: that should read "see IT cause", not if.]

I like to say something here - but don't know much about the Time tour.

But if you went to the Time tour - please post your story here! I added a little poll just becuase I was interested in this question for long time mac fans. It was another big band member change, and for those of you who have seen them before this tour - I'm wondering what your mind-set was. But all your stories are welcomed!

Last edited by nailatixela; 09-30-2009 at 06:07 PM..
Old 09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw the Fleetwood Mac dinner show at Konocti Harbor in Clear Lake on Oct. 6, 1994. Tickets were $75. Prime rib buffet was served from 6 to 8:30 p.m., & showtime was at 8 p.m.

No smoking. All seats reserved.

It was fun! You got to eat dinner & then watch Fleetwood Mac play. Everyone was full of vim & vigor except for Dave Mason, who looked totally bored playing songs like "The Chain" & "Don't Stop" & "Say You Love Me."

He pepped up for one song -- a great drumless rendition of "We Just Disagree."

Bekka sang one Stevie Nicks song -- "Gold Dust Woman" -- the arrangement of which you've probably all heard by now.

She sang several Chris McVie songs -- "Say You Love Me," "World Turning," "You Make Loving Fun," "Don't Stop."

Steve Thoma, on keyboards, sounded like a hundred other professional session keyboardists. He had no discernible personality of his own, or at least wasn't encouraged to display it.

After the concert, which the dinner audience greeted pretty warmly, I talked with Mick Fleetwood a bit out back behind the stage, on the dock overlooking the lake. I told him I was happy to see Billy back with the group because I thought he had a good voice & a winning, if somewhat shy, personality. I asked about a studio album, & Mick told me there would be one "soon," & that the band would be touring more dates in Northern California shortly. Then I told him that I had just seen Stevie Nicks perform in Sacramento at Arco Arena on Aug. 29, about a month earlier. He said he hadn't heard Stevie's new album yet.

I told him to give my best to John, who must have been in his dressing room nursing a headache or something. I give Mick my copy of "My Life & Adventures" to sign, which he did, & he told me to wait while he took the book in to John to sign, too.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 09-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I told him to give my best to John, who must have been in his dressing room nursing a headache or something. I give Mick my copy of "My Life & Adventures" to sign, which he did, & he told me to wait while he took the book in to John to sign, too.
His taking the book in to have John sign it was really classy. Michele
Old 09-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I give Mick my copy of "My Life & Adventures" to sign, which he did, & he told me to wait while he took the book in to John to sign, too.
But the question is, did he bring it back?
Seriously though, I'll echo Michele - it was a nice thing for Mick to do.

I found a very curious entry on session drummer Danny Darling's MySpace blog, where he talks about a Nashville show featuring Rick, Billy, and Bekka --- and he says Stevie paid a surprise visit and joined them on stage! I'm not sure what year he's talking about, but it's obviously after the BTM years. Anyone have any recollections of this? I just can't picture Stevie and Bekka onstage together, although it's a fascinating thought!

Quote:
I was Rick Vito drummer in Nashville. Rick was an x Fleetwood Mac member. We played a gig at the Sutler in Nashville Tn along with Beckka Bramlet on Vocals, Rick on Lead and Vocals, Billy Burnett on Guitar and vocals and Dennis Belfield on Bass and Luck me on Drums. We had a surprise that night and it was Stevie Nicks who came on stage a finished out the gig with us.
http://www.myspace.com/dannydarling
(click on 'My Confused Bio' link.)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sounds like it was a Rick Vito show, and this guy was Rick's drummer. The ex-Mac and associates that live in Nashville seem to frequently show up at each others' gigs, and Rick was joined by Bekka and Billy that night, and Stevie apparently made a surprise cameo.

All I can say is I wish I'd have been there!

I don't think there's any personal dislike between Stevie and Bekka. If anything, I bet they don't know each other that well, but probably have met and jokingly compared horror stories.

THE Stephen Hopkins