Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Time Bomb Town

Every time I would see "Back to the Future", and I would watch it, I can't hear the song. Where does it play in the movie?

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 06-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow "I'm a lonely stranger in this time bomb town..."

When Marty wakes up, it's playing on the radio. Can't remember exactly where, but it only plays for 5-10 seconds, I think.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It's before he goes out to meet Doc, near the beginning. He has to wake up at like 2 am, and the radio alarm clock that wakes him plays "Time Bomb Town" for about 5 seconds before he hits it to turn it off, lol.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
To me it seems like pretty much every song in this movie that wasn't "Johnny B. Goode" or made by those yuppie turds Huey Lewis & The News got a bad treatment; Eric Clapton's song comes out from the radio too for a short time. Sure, the director might have thought it was more realistic but since "Time Bomb Town" is the best song on the soundtrack I'm bugged by it.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 06-06-2004, 01:08 PM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I think some of Lindsey's soundtrack offerings are better than stuff he deemed worthy of his own albums!
I agree! Law and Order has no standout songs to me at all, but "Holiday Road" is my second favorite Lindsey solo song. Also, he could have ditched one of his retro covers like "September Song" for the retro-sounding blast that is "Dancin' 'Cross the USA." Those two songs are better than anything on the Law and Order album, frankly. "Time Bomb Town" could have replaced that majorly annoying "I Must Go" (although perhaps Lindsey thought he needed the latter for thematic reasons). "On the Wrong Side" is better than "Turn It On," but Lindsey might have been too embarrassed about its lyrics containging repetitions from other songs to include it on OOTC.

My favorite songs of Stevie's are often non-album tracks as well: "Battle of the Dragon" and "Sleeping Angel" are my two favorite Stevie solo songs. In fact, BOTD is leaps and bounds better than anything she did in the latter half of the 80s, although I do enjoy "Ooh My Love." Also, "Gold and Braid" and "Blue Lamp" are favorites as well, beating out many an album track. So it's a shared phenomenon.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:10 PM
trackaghost
Old 06-06-2004, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by face of glass
made by those yuppie turds Huey Lewis & The News
Ah, I loved "The Power of Love"! True, I was only ten at the time, but to this day it makes me smile. "Don't need money! Don't take fame! Don't need no credit card to ride this train!" As Michael J. Fox grabs the back of the jeep and skateboards around the town. Gotta love it!

Old 06-06-2004, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
But what's wrong with them both giving away such great songs for soundtracks! Maybe it's just another output for their material.
It's not "wrong," but it is a shame that putting something on a soundtrack severly limits those who will get to hear it, as a rule. Your casual Stevie fan has never heard of most of those songs, which as we've said are among her best. And to this day, "Holiday Road" and "Dancin' 'Cross the USA" are unavailable on CD thanks to their inclusion on the National Lampoon's Soundtrack. In that sense, I definitely wish they had gotten put on an album instead.

Old 06-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I seem to be the only LB fan who really hates both songs- Holiday road and DATUSA. They are always praised and mentioned- but if that were the kind of songs he always had done I wouldn`t have gotten a fan...
Time bomb town on the other hand is cool, with the barking sounds and all the stuff going on. It`s typical LB, not too serious- humorous like Johnny Stew on Law and order with the voice making and stuff at the end.
Despite my reluctance towards too much of cover songs by any artist the ones on Law and order are fine and I'd miss September song f.e. I`d always liked Turn it on too as one of the best songs on OOTC. Ups and I love Law and order and my standout there would be Shadow of the West- so Nancy and I couldn`t share the same CD player

Last edited by stefan; 06-06-2004 at 04:00 PM..
Old 06-06-2004, 04:52 PM
trackaghost
Old 06-06-2004, 04:57 PM
trackaghost
Old 06-06-2004, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Huey Lewis

I love Huey Lewis and the News!! Yeah, he's wearing those huge glasses in that scene, lol.

TBT is one of the most uniquely sung songs I've ever heard. It's Elvis meets punk or something. I adore the opening, it's so breezy.
Old 06-06-2004, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
I seem to be the only LB fan who really hates both songs- Holiday road and DATUSA. They are always praised and mentioned- but if that were the kind of songs he always had done I wouldn`t have gotten a fan...
Time bomb town on the other hand is cool, with the barking sounds and all the stuff going on. It`s typical LB, not too serious- humorous like Johnny Stew on Law and order with the voice making and stuff at the end.
Despite my reluctance towards too much of cover songs by any artist the ones on Law and order are fine and I'd miss September song f.e. I`d always liked Turn it on too as one of the best songs on OOTC. Ups and I love Law and order and my standout there would be Shadow of the West- so Nancy and I couldn`t share the same CD player
There's another one who dislikes those songs. Guess you have to be from Europe to hear the cheesyness in those songs. But in "hatred" you stand alone, Stefan. That pushes a little too far for me.

Old 06-07-2004, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Holiday Road, but Dancing Across The Usa, naah.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The songs aren't that lost, we all have heard them.

I really like Time Bomb Town.

But I also love the songs he did with Tom Petty, for She's the One.
I also love On the Wrong Side, from With Honors. He has a pretty good track record with soundtracks,.

Let's not forget the remake of Magnet and Steel ( I love it!) and then the song he did for that movie with the four witches, the Craft, he did something on that too.
He did alot and I think it's cool, because now so many movies are associated with him, not just albums.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
The songs aren't that lost, we all have heard them.
Yes, but we had to make a big effort to (or at least I did). I didn't realize that Lindsey was on the Back to the Future soundtrack until I started my website, and it's one of my favorite movies. That's pretty bad. lol And you'd be surprised the number of people who write me thanking me for putting up "Holiday Road" for download, because they haven't been able to hear it for years on anything except a casette player or LP. Like I said, it's not "wrong," it's just a shame. What we need is a Lindsey Enchanted Box Set that includes them all.

Old 06-19-2004, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

When you compare it to the number of Stevie-download sites, I'm surprised (and a little disappointed of course!) there just aren't a lot of Lindsey dedicated download homepages on the net. If I had the webspace, I'd certainly make one.
Old 06-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, well, frankly, Stevie is more popular than Lindsey.

Stevie had one of the most popular BTM yet Lindsey's they showed 2 times? It really sucks.

I love them both equally but Lindsey has an edge because he's so gorgeous.

Anyway, regarding his songs, I just think once you go here as someone new and find out his soundtrack records, it's not hard to find them. All the movies he was associated with are big movies.

Stevie had movie moments like the scene in Fast Times and the one in that movie Against All Odds ( you here Violet and Blue I think as one of them enters a club or something)

Anyway, I'm happy Lindsey has his movie moments and that he was good enough to have songs in big movies JUST like Stevie.

In the end, they both just did a song together ( and thanks to that, we got the Dance)

As for more Lindsey sites, we need more, of course. As for a box set, he could totally release one. Maybe instead of a new album, he should do a box set with one disk being his new album. It would be so great and so worth it.