User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-06-2015, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Let's not forget Christine, Mick, and John have all recounted at various times Lindsey's assaulting Stevie on and off stage.
Not really. Mick and Stevie have. Also Ken has talked about Lindsey assaulting both Carol and Ken.

Christine didn't say that Lindsey assaulted Stevie. She didn't describe what happened exactly. Christine said that Lindsey should not have shown Stevie such disrespect on stage, but she didn't say what he did. She was likely responding to being asked about slapping him and throwing a drink in his face. She acknowledged that she did that, but didn't describe what he had done herself.

John made a strangling gesture, but didn't say whether Lindsey had strangled Stevie or whether Stevie had strangled Lindsey. It could very likely be Stevie strangling, because Stevie herself said she had strangled Lindsey while they were in Christine's house with the other band members. She (and Mick) also said that when they ran outside Lindsey assaulted her over the car hood. But John was not talking about what happened outside. So, when John did the strangle motion with his hands, he could have been talking about Stevie grabbing Lindsey around the neck, not the other way around.

John did say he told Lindsey to leave the room though.

Michele
Old 07-06-2015, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyd View Post
Lol I'm confused... Why don't Stevie's stories "count"?!
Louielouie did a good job at explaining that.

If Lindsey is Elvis, then that would make Stevie
the Lamar Fike* of the group.

* a person prone to telling tall tales
Old 10-21-2015, 09:28 AM
Ledgie

I only finished the book this summer but I bought it last year. It took me a while to get through it (which is unusual for me) mainly because I felt like the book was written by a teenage fan girl. With that being said, I don't think we could excuse Lindsey for the things he did but some things seem a little far fetched in the book. Drugs seemed to have f**ked them both up. Until we know what really happened we can't point fingers.

Although did I read somewhere in an interview from back in the 80's or 90's (more likely the 80's) that they both worked out an agreement were he would support her financially for a few years while she got back up on her feet. Regardless of what happened or what we read, he seems to be somewhat of a good man.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide95 View Post

Although did I read somewhere in an interview from back in the 80's or 90's (more likely the 80's) that they both worked out an agreement were he would support her financially for a few years while she got back up on her feet.
She wrote that he did this at the end of the book. She also said that it was not especially generous of him, to support her temporarily, since she could have sued him for a lot more, in her opinion. I doubt that is the case however, because the Michelle Triola Marvin case (against actor Lee Marvin) set a bad precedent for people who lived together but were never married to make community property claims.

Michelle Triola lost badly and I don't think Carol Ann had a leg to stand on.

Michele
Old 10-21-2015, 01:37 PM
Ledgie

Yeah I remember her mentioning it but I read an interview a few weeks back were lindsey was never asked about it (only asked about his break-up with Carol) but he mentioned it. If I find it I will post the link. She can't claim that wasn't generous because it was considering they never married
Old 10-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landslide95 View Post
Yeah I remember her mentioning it but I read an interview a few weeks back were lindsey was never asked about it (only asked about his break-up with Carol) but he mentioned it. If I find it I will post the link. She can't claim that wasn't generous because it was considering they never married
Well, I think if she is telling the truth (which I'm not saying she was) and gave up her career because that's what he wanted, then supporting her for a couple of years is the least he could have done, ethically. I mean, according to her, she couldn't support herself only because he wanted her as his constant companion.

But legally, I can't see her winning considering what happened in Marvin v. Marvin.

Michele
Old 10-22-2015, 03:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
...Marvin v. Marvin.

Michele

Dustin Hoffman was great in that movie.