User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-27-2020, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The way she sang Calumny, uhhh. The first time I heard it gave me chills.
I wish she could still sing like that.

It sucks watching your lifetime heroes wither up...preparing for the inevitable.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I wish she could still sing like that.

It sucks watching your lifetime heroes wither up...preparing for the inevitable.
I know what you meant. 2004 vs 2014. However, she chose to work with worn out tools and in a way her return quietly put Fleetwood Mac back on the superstar map. Their 2013 didn't do nearly what they did in 2014 2015.
In fact, the Staples show in 2013 had empty sections. And, not behind the stage. vs 8 Forum shows sold out.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-29-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Old 07-27-2020, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sugar Daddy
Honey Hi
That's Enough for Me
Not That Funny
One More Night
Only Over You
Oh Diane
When I See You Again
Family Man
Welcome to the Room...Sara
Old 07-27-2020, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I know what you meant. 2004 vs 2014. However, she chose to work with worn out tools and in a way her return quietly put Fleetwood Mac back on the superstar map. Their 2013 didn't do nearly what they did in 2014 2015.
In fact, the Staples show in 2013 had empty sections. And, not behind the stage. vs 8 Forum shows sold out.
Her return made FM's ending TRIUMPHANT!

Until the $tupid old GOAT got Lindsey fired. I'm still waiting for karma to nail her....HARD.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 07-29-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Old 07-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Ledgie

Nice to see a lot of agreement in these picks. Sticking with the Rumours-lineup ('75 thru Tango) per OP's request, I'll go with these 10 worst in chrono order:

Sugar Daddy
What Makes You Think You're The One
Never Make Me Cry
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Not That Funny
Only Over You
Welcome To The Room... Sara
Family Man
When I See You Again
Mystified
Old 07-29-2020, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am scratching many of you off my Christmas card list for listing Sugar Daddy and Only Over You on their list. Are you kidding me? Sugar Daddy could have been on the Heroes album. Its one of the few songs on the White Album that has the bluesy original sound prior to Buckingham/Nicks. Now that is off my chest, I will give this a whirl.

Caroline
When I see you again
The Ledge
Welcome to the room sara
Oh Diane
Book of Love
Big Love
Tusk (although I like the live version goat or no goat)
One More Night
Farmers Daughter
Old 07-29-2020, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Ledge
That's Enough for Me
Only Over You
Caroline
When I See You Again
Save Me A Place
Goodbye Angel
My Little Demon
Temporary One
Crystal

and...
Teen Beat
Ricky
Paper Doll
Old 07-30-2020, 02:46 PM
Senior Ledgie

This is tough if we just have to stick to the Big 5 albums! (plus The Dance I suppose). Most of the songs I genuinely don't like are from post-Rumours. I will give it a go though, even if pretty much all of these songs have SOMETHING redeemable about them:

1. Ricky: Gag, probably my least favorite Christine vocal ever. Also feels like filler.
2. Family Man: Cool guitar. That's the only nice thing I can say about this one.
3. You and I Part II: Just a very fluffy, nothing song for me. It's not unpleasant but its probably the least memorable thing they ever produced. It works okay in the context of Tango but not AT ALL on its own. The only time I see it discussed AT ALL is when its being (understandably) negatively compared to You and I Part I.
4. Empire State: I guess I kind of like that it adds a twisted sort of vibe to the otherwise sterile Mirage, but I would by lying if I said I ever listened to it by choice.
5. Cool Water: I just don't get this one sorry
6. My Little Demon: I wish I liked it more than I do. Loved all the other new songs for The Dance though!
7. The Final spots are going to have to go to some of Lindsey's Tusk songs. I'm trying HARD but they are taking the longest to grow on me (not just the production- his vocals especially.) The only ones I like are Tusk, I Know I'm Not Wrong (cool music!) and What Makes You Think You're The One.

It seems like I hate Lindsey by the looks of this list lol. I really don't, its just that when he misses with me he misses HARD. His stuff on the White Album and Rumours is some of my favorite stuff of the Macs catalog. His white album stuff in particular I think steals the show.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)
Old 07-30-2020, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am scratching many of you off my Christmas card list for listing Sugar Daddy and Only Over You on their list. Are you kidding me? Sugar Daddy could have been on the Heroes album. Its one of the few songs on the White Album that has the bluesy original sound prior to Buckingham/Nicks. Now that is off my chest, I will give this a whirl.
Amen about Sugar Daddy, one of the best yet oddly maligned songs in the band’s catalogue. So many people with wrong opinions! lol.
Old 07-30-2020, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netter75 View Post
This is tough if we just have to stick to the Big 5 albums! (plus The Dance I suppose). Most of the songs I genuinely don't like are from post-Rumours. I will give it a go though, even if pretty much all of these songs have SOMETHING redeemable about them:

1. Ricky: Gag, probably my least favorite Christine vocal ever. Also feels like filler.
2. Family Man: Cool guitar. That's the only nice thing I can say about this one.
3. You and I Part II: Just a very fluffy, nothing song for me. It's not unpleasant but its probably the least memorable thing they ever produced. It works okay in the context of Tango but not AT ALL on its own. The only time I see it discussed AT ALL is when its being (understandably) negatively compared to You and I Part I.
4. Empire State: I guess I kind of like that it adds a twisted sort of vibe to the otherwise sterile Mirage, but I would by lying if I said I ever listened to it by choice.
5. Cool Water: I just don't get this one sorry
6. My Little Demon: I wish I liked it more than I do. Loved all the other new songs for The Dance though!
7. The Final spots are going to have to go to some of Lindsey's Tusk songs. I'm trying HARD but they are taking the longest to grow on me (not just the production- his vocals especially.) The only ones I like are Tusk, I Know I'm Not Wrong (cool music!) and What Makes You Think You're The One.

It seems like I hate Lindsey by the looks of this list lol. I really don't, its just that when he misses with me he misses HARD. His stuff on the White Album and Rumours is some of my favorite stuff of the Macs catalog. His white album stuff in particular I think steals the show.
Good list. I never got “Ricky“ either. I would have included it in my list if I thought we were able to count non-album tracks and outtakes. Still, my least favorite Christine song is “Skies”— it, like “Ricky”, is so uncharacteristically below par for her.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Amen about Sugar Daddy, one of the best yet oddly maligned songs in the band’s catalogue. So many people with wrong opinions! lol.
Here here
Sometimes this board amazes me. Its a Fleetwood Mac fan site and we all like the Mac for its sound and rhythm section (plus the Stevie fans).
Sugar Daddy sounds SO Fleetwood Mac. Lindsey's guitar is so freaking good. When the music plays it makes me want to grab my tamborine and dance like Stevie. Even the backing vocals at the end are so good. But Christine's organ playing is so freaking funky! The lyrics are so good too. It has every aspect of what makes the Mac a supergroup. So bouncy and peppy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSICerQiGzs
Old 07-30-2020, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Preach!
On "my" greatest hits discs, the two songs from White that always make the cut are World Turning and Sugar Daddy! SD is so cool and funky!!! Who cares about the title's subject matter!
Old 07-30-2020, 04:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Preach!
On "my" greatest hits discs, the two songs from White that always make the cut are World Turning and Sugar Daddy! SD is so cool and funky!!! Who cares about the title's subject matter!
I like the subject matter. Its a love song and she draws the line of pretending to love someone for material wealth. Its a very creative way to express true love. She wants the luxury yet NO ONE is going to take her away from her man.
I dont think there has ever been a song written so creatively like this before.
My favorite line is "And if I needed whiskey, he could serve it to me neat"
Old 07-30-2020, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I like the subject matter. Its a love song and she draws the line of pretending to love someone for material wealth. Its a very creative way to express true love. She wants the luxury yet NO ONE is going to take her away from her man.
I dont think there has ever been a song written so creatively like this before.
My favorite line is "And if I needed whiskey, he could serve it to me neat"
Agreed. Christine used to be the coolest. You know, back before she became a doormat for $tevie's childish whims.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed. Christine used to be the coolest. You know, back before she became a doormat for $tevie's childish whims.
What would be cool is actually serving Christine whiskey and trying to be neat and impressing her during her wild days.