Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I really don't know where you were in the last 10 months, Sodascouts. I had 10minutes for this search and the server is reeeaaaalllllyyyy slow.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/search...earchid=702334

In particular this one, but this is just the first that I found. No offence button-lip:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...7&postcount=48

and LOL! This one is from jmn3, sure that has nothing to do with her being a woman.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...9&postcount=27

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...0&postcount=12

The list goes on and on. You can use the search function yourself for further proof. I tried "b!tch", "Goat", "disgusting Stevie", you can search "misogynist" or "sexism" to see when people got called out for their behavior earlier.
Those are angry at Stevie, but they aren't in the vein of "how dare she, she's just a woman" that you stated was prominent earlier. None of them are outraged that a woman is in charge. They are outraged that STEVIE is in charge.

The "goat" thing is tiresome and juvenile, but my impression was that it was a mockery of her voice, and not related to gender.

I despise the term "b!tch" but not because I think it's misogynist (unless you think all gender-specific insults are). That said, I would absolutely love it if it never got used again.

As for the ones you bolded as the most obviously misogynist:

Quote:
The Destiny Rules documentary did the woman no favors in my view - but once the Say You Will tour was long over and she went on to bash Lindsey for the album and tour, I really lost any respect I had for her. As she keeps getting older, she honestly just comes across to me as a bigger and bigger narciscistic jerk.
"Did the man no favors" is a very common expression. Are you upset that he changed it to "woman" because Stevie is female? I actually think that's appropriate. It would sound odd to leave it as "man."

Quote:
She has become a bitter old woman who like most narcissists, finds a way to make every single event in some way about them.
So he should have said "bitter old person"? People don't talk that way. We typically use gender specific nouns when we know the gender of the person we're discussing.

These examples of so-called misogynist language are petty feeble, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherBlade
I believe the "If she had just had children she probably wouldn't be such a bitter hag" comments a couple of people made fall into this bucket. As if anyone would have made this statement about any of the men in the band if they had chosen to forgo parenthood.
Now this one I will grant you. I remember objecting to it at the time as well. Ugh. So, I stand corrected on that score.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-06-2018 at 10:23 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A jerk is a jerk.

Why couldn't a female be as much of a jerk as a man might be? That's equality in my book.
If anything, we are all being good feminists and giving Stevie her just rights to Jerk-dom, female or no.

Old 12-06-2018, 10:17 PM
cbBen
This message has been deleted by cbBen.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh right, that again, I made that comment once I recall, she should have had that baby. I still stand by it. In the sense that becoming a parent, for ANYONE, in my opinion and experience, is a development unsurpassed.
But of a man I could never say: "he should have had that baby", due to the fact of non-existent male pregnancy. Thus far anyway.

Remember how she said she was going to adopt a little girl? Even that; she should have done it. Rather than just carrying around those yippy dog accessories.

So here's me, maintaining my opinion that, had she been forced to put another person before her spoilt princess self in her life by way of becoming a parent--- I honestly feel she would have aged much more palatable.

But I also believe that of men. However, here we were discussing Stevie Nicks. Who happens to be a woman. Sue me. I could not very well call her a dog. Or a man.

Goat, perhaps, yeah I know.

Anywho, MOO.

Carry on!

Old 12-06-2018, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I really don't know where you were in the last 10 months, Sodascouts. I had 10minutes for this search and the server is reeeaaaalllllyyyy slow.

In particular this one, but this is just the first that I found. No offence button-lip:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...7&postcount=48

and LOL! This one is from jmn3, sure that has nothing to do with her being a woman.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...9&postcount=27

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...0&postcount=12

The list goes on and on. You can use the search function yourself for further proof. I tried "b!tch", "Goat", "disgusting Stevie", you can search "misogynist" or "sexism" to see when people got called out for their behavior earlier.
The two you called out of mine are absolutely ridiculous and in no way are misogynistic comments. But you do you. She is a woman. Describing her using the gender is not misogyny. If I had negative commentary BECAUSE she is a woman - THAT would be different. I find Stevie’s actions and behavior to be terrible and the basis for my comments. It has nothing to do with her gender. Get a life and stop trying to find offense where it clearly wasn’t.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But that's the farm animal $he most resembles. Sorry.

#factsisfacts
Bahhhhhh humbug.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I answered in the other thread about my excitement for her as an artist had left the building. I do still really love the Stevie of yesteryear from joining the band through to about the Wild Heart and then (mostly in hindsight) high points such as the early 90's killer vocals, late 90's Dance and Enchanted and parts of In Your Dreams and 24 K. Since then though- total meh. Her recent vocals and refusal to record have taken her off the pedestal I so proudly kept her on all these years. I agree with what many have said the refusal to record boils down to the insecurity around her lost gifts in the lyric and melody dept. although as far back as Tusk I remember a ridiculous statement she made that if the album didn't sell she'd be disappointed in all of us, including those who shelled out what was then a lot of money. Truth be told, she needs to call it a day when this tour ends.
This is exactly how I feel. I was a big fan, but I wasn't so in love with her that I excused past and present behavior. The same goes for any artist I like. I can really like a singer or Actor but not appreciate when they do things that I feel are wrong. With SN there are some fans who truly view her as some god like figure and they have an excuse for any negative thing you bring up including the events of this year. And that is where some of us differ. I can still like her music but not the person she has become or accept what happened this year and be ok with it.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
Oh right, that again, I made that comment once I recall, she should have had that baby. I still stand by it. In the sense that becoming a parent, for ANYONE, in my opinion and experience, is a development unsurpassed.
But of a man I could never say: "he should have had that baby", due to the fact of non-existent male pregnancy. Thus far anyway.

Remember how she said she was going to adopt a little girl? Even that; she should have done it. Rather than just carrying around those yippy dog accessories.

So here's me, maintaining my opinion that, had she been forced to put another person before her spoilt princess self in her life by way of becoming a parent--- I honestly feel she would have aged much more palatable.

But I also believe that of men. However, here we were discussing Stevie Nicks. Who happens to be a woman. Sue me. I could not very well call her a dog. Or a man.

Goat, perhaps, yeah I know.

Anywho, MOO.

Carry on!
I remember this well, and agree completely. It's NOT about her aborting her baby, it's about her learning to be a giving, unselfish person. Having a child will certainly do that. Or so I'm told. I mean, I hope to never find out personally. But I've heard stories about children. (Shudder)
Old 12-07-2018, 12:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Bahhhhhh humbug.
Merry Nicksmas...err....Goatmas,Joe.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
The two you called out of mine are absolutely ridiculous and in no way are misogynistic comments. But you do you. She is a woman. Describing her using the gender is not misogyny. If I had negative commentary BECAUSE she is a woman - THAT would be different. I find Stevie’s actions and behavior to be terrible and the basis for my comments. It has nothing to do with her gender. Get a life and stop trying to find offense where it clearly wasn’t.
amen.. its impossible that you might just find this woman atrocious because of her own terrible actions/attitudes..you MUST be a sexist if you criticize Stevie, for anything, ever! the lack of self awareness and common sense from some of the posters here really disturbs me
Old 12-07-2018, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe what some here do not see is that those of us who appear to be defending Stevie (and maybe Mick) are not so much adoring and defending our goddess, but rather are indifferent to Lindsey's firing and pushing back against the anti-Stevie hysteria around that.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Maybe what some here do not see is that those of us who appear to be defending Stevie (and maybe Mick) are not so much adoring and defending our goddess, but rather are indifferent to Lindsey's firing and pushing back against the anti-Stevie hysteria around that.
Amen, seconded.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post

Yes, see, and that stance, to me, would be the most incomprehensible of all.
What with being fierce about injustice and all, and not being able to abide it.
I'd be interested to learn where they are coming from and learn how, in general, they stand in the world. And do my very best to be as open-minded in my listening as possible.

Old 12-07-2018, 08:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post

Yes, see, and that stance, to me, would be the most incomprehensible of all.
What with being fierce about injustice and all, and not being able to abide it.
I'd be interested to learn where they are coming from and learn how, in general, they stand in the world. And do my very best to be as open-minded in my listening as possible.
Sasja, in my view, a millionaire was fired from a rock band, so now he is on a successful solo tour and suing the band for millions of dollars. I just can't get outraged like some people are. However, I am very fierce about injustices like white supremacy, neo-Nazis, and equal rights for all people. When things like that are on the rise in America, I simply won't with the same fervor condemn a rock band for firing one of their members. And listening to FM helps me to escape from those issues just a little bit.

That is where I'm coming from and how I stand in the world. Doesn't mean I'm wrong or right, that's just my viewpoint.

Last edited by bwboy; 12-07-2018 at 08:08 AM..
Old 12-07-2018, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The reactions to the firing are extreme in many cases and have been twisted into really ugly stuff about the rest of the band. It is totally beyond me how anyone could spew so much vitriol about Stevie and Mick in particular for like ten months after the firing!?. Injustice? Get a grip. As has been said already, there is too much real injustice in the world. Take your noble sense of justice and fairness and go out and apply it to something that matters. Haunt sites where there is an audience to hear your sentiments about abused minorities or lack of funding for health care or bullied or abused kids. Or seek professional help. Some of you are on here daily vomiting the same old bile.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I daresay people can be outraged at the band's treatment of Lindsey and simultaneously outraged at other world issues. As for time spent, posting one's disdain takes no longer than posting one's defense.

Last edited by sodascouts; 12-07-2018 at 09:30 AM..