The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

SOMEONE GOT THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I seeded it most of the day yesterday. Sorry I will seed it now! Again sorry about that!
Old 02-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I downloaded the show... Mainly just to check out how quick it would be... wasn't too bad. Quality of the show is a bit to be desired though. I'm still seeding the show as well...

And I agree... After thinking about it, I'm not sure what the advantages of having a seperate site for FM Torrents would be.

A couple of things gained by upping to easytree, is for one the traffic to that site... and two, there are people out there that have recordings of Fleetwood Mac that think maybe there is no interest in. By continually upping Fleetwood Mac, or any of the other members, I think it keeps Fleetwood Mac in the forefront... in peoples minds, and it shows there IS interest and it might motivate people to take a look in their collections for something that hasn't been put up.

Just a couple of thoughts.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

O i know what you guys mean. THis is jsut something that we could do. I mean we re-upload shows that have already been upped to EZTree,

It could asle be a way for people to trade shows. I mean SNAIL MAIL IS SO YESTERDAY I mean it sounds stupid, but I would love to trade that way.

Just a though.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan

And I agree... After thinking about it, I'm not sure what the advantages of having a seperate site for FM Torrents would be.

A couple of things gained by upping to easytree, is for one the traffic to that site... and two, there are people out there that have recordings of Fleetwood Mac that think maybe there is no interest in. By continually upping Fleetwood Mac, or any of the other members, I think it keeps Fleetwood Mac in the forefront... in peoples minds, and it shows there IS interest and it might motivate people to take a look in their collections for something that hasn't been put up.
Those were my thoughts about it too. Many of the oldest torrents of FM shows are still going and the number of times they've been snatched is quite impressive when compared to other artists. I agree that there's way more to be gained by posting them to EZTorrent then on a FM only site.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How did you guys get it to work!?

"Age is just a number... The rest is just a state of mind."
Old 02-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WOW! Good job Jacob!
I already downloaded 68% and I hope there is more stuff soon! Maybe I could reseed the Mansfield show that has been up some time ago! (I think I will do it later)!
I also tried to find the torrent script which could be included into the phpbb board, but it was impossible for me to find it, but I can feel it is somewhere outthere (someone told me about it)!
Anyways, it is a good thing for us and all the users which don't have the chance to get an Easytree!
Thanks for it!

David

Last edited by WizNicks; 02-19-2005 at 01:21 PM..
Old 02-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizNicks
Anyways, it is a good thing for us and all the users which don't have the chance to get an Easytree!
Who doesn't have a chance or can't use EZTree? I thought that it was a matter of only a few days to get a membership
Old 02-19-2005, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know! I created like 6 accounts for some of my users, because they are not online that much to check it everyday! I still have to create an account for two persons, but I wasn't able to create one in the last 7 days, a lot of people are trying to! At the moment it is just luck if you get a new account!
Anyways, if someone wants to download the Mansfield show, here it is

Stevie Nicks & Sheryl Crow
Live In Mansfield, MA
Tweeter Center
07/14/01

Trouble In Shangri La Tour

AUD >>> CD-R >>> EAC >>> FLAC

CD 1
01. TISL Intro
02. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
03. Enchanted
04. Outside The Rain/Dreams
06. Gold Dust Woman (with Sheryl Crow)
07. Sorcerer (with Sheryl Crow)
08. My Favorite Mistake (by Sheryl Crow)
09. Every Day
10. Rhiannon
11. Stand Back
12. Planets Of The Universe
13. Every Day Is A Winding Road (by Sheryl Crow)

CD 2
01. Bombay Sapphires
02. Band Intros
03. Fall From Grace (with Sheryl Crow)
04. Drum Solo
05. Edge Of Seventeen
06. I Need To Know (with Sheryl Crow)
07. Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You (with small error)

David
Old 02-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing about easytree... Your account can be deleted at any time. Depending on your upload :: d/l ratio. This isnt jsut FM related. You can up anything you want. Videos, Music, ect. W/e you want. this just doesnt need to be exculsivly to Fleetwood Mac.
So up what the hell you want!
Old 02-19-2005, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Rumours77
The thing about easytree... Your account can be deleted at any time. Depending on your upload :: d/l ratio.
I thought their rules about were pretty clear cut and didn't seem that hard to comply with keeping your ratio in a decent range. So, if someone does their part and reseeds a decent amount of the torrents they've downloaded...I don't see the problem.

Quote:
This isnt jsut FM related. You can up anything you want. Videos, Music, ect. W/e you want. this just doesnt need to be exculsivly to Fleetwood Mac.
So up what the hell you want!

Obviously I'm still missing something about why a seperate site is needed, but only time will tell if that's the way to go with this. I thought Macman made some valid points about why it would be best to keep more people involed at EZTree
Old 02-19-2005, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizNicks
WOW! Good job Jacob!
I already downloaded 68% and I hope there is more stuff soon! Maybe I could reseed the Mansfield show that has been up some time ago! (I think I will do it later)!
I also tried to find the torrent script which could be included into the phpbb board, but it was impossible for me to find it, but I can feel it is somewhere outthere (someone told me about it)!
Thanks for it!

David
Thanks David!

Now I do know that there are some people who do not like this idea, I am sorry, I am not taking anything away from easytree, I still go there everyday and pick up something. And I wont quit uploading FM stuff there. I am using this as a fun thing form FM fans, and its just not listed exclusivly to FM people on the ledge. I am getting word out elsewhere about this site. So it just wont be FM related. I am hoping w/in the next week or too we will see a lot of shows that jsut arn't Fleetwood Mac or stevie Nicks.
Old 02-19-2005, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
Who doesn't have a chance or can't use EZTree? I thought that it was a matter of only a few days to get a membership
It can be pretty difficult to register at EZTree; they only allow 100,000 members. Took me ages before enough accounts were deleted and I was quick enough to register.

Old 02-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
It can be pretty difficult to register at EZTree; they only allow 100,000 members. Took me ages before enough accounts were deleted and I was quick enough to register.
Curious as to how long was ages? It was my understanding that usually the wait was a few days to a week - a few weeks 1-2 at the most.

One of the moderators told me this week they're having problems keeping up with the traffic and its causing glitches. I guess as torrents are becoming more popular and more people are getting into it, they're having a difficult time keeping up. I got the impression more of their usual 100,000 members are now actively using the site.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cour
Curious as to how long was ages? It was my understanding that usually the wait was a few days to a week - a few weeks 1-2 at the most.

One of the moderators told me this week they're having problems keeping up with the traffic and its causing glitches. I guess as torrents are becoming more popular and more people are getting into it, they're having a difficult time keeping up. I got the impression more of their usual 100,000 members are now actively using the site.
It takes ages because they only have so many accounts they can delete and it's a mad rush to get over there and register in time; you're competing with practically everyone else in a dozens of countries for a slot.

Old 02-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
It takes ages because they only have so many accounts they can delete and it's a mad rush to get over there and register in time; you're competing with practically everyone else in a dozens of countries for a slot.
I wonder how they pay for the site, there's an awful lot of traffic there and the amount of people who contribute seems to be minimal.

I'm simply amazed at the amount of Bob Dylan and Eric Clapton stuff that's out there, there are about 12 new ones a day. The amount of torrents from just those 2 is totally mind boggling. The general selection is weird too. Lots of things from obscure artists but there are many popular artists that don't have any torrents even when you do a non active search.