Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2022, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Steve posted video of it a couple years ago. Lindsey is CLEARLY not singing the part that we're hearing, and you can see that it's karaoke.
Meh, just that high bridge part.
I was right under his nose for a full concert in 2018 and was honestly (though not literally) blown away by Lindsey's amazing, live vocals on every song throughout the night.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Meh, just that high bridge part.
I was right under his nose for a full concert in 2018 and was honestly (though not literally) blown away by Lindsey's amazing, live vocals on every song throughout the night.
On the current tour during Tusk, the "ayeees" and long "ahhh-ahhhs" are prerecorded vocals and the high "I'M on the wrong side" sounds like it's prerecorded too. But I think that's because his voice hasn't fully come back since his medical emergency.
Old 04-15-2022, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
On the current tour during Tusk, the "ayeees" and long "ahhh-ahhhs" are prerecorded vocals and the high "I'M on the wrong side" sounds like it's prerecorded too. But I think that's because his voice hasn't fully come back since his medical emergency.
They, he, and the rest of the world were doing this before his heart attack.
Old 04-15-2022, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are they playing the show without the bass parts? or do they have the bass part programmed with some of the other fills?
Old 04-15-2022, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Are they playing the show without the bass parts? or do they have the bass part programmed with some of the other fills?
If you watch this video from 2 nights ago, you can hear the bass is programmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1BmwFguSys

Neale plays bass on a few tunes too.
Old 04-15-2022, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
there is mic on Brett's side that Neale moves to on several tunes (i've seen ISA recordings) and does bass parts. so some are probably pre-programmed and Neale fills others. i suspect the same with keyboards - Mike does some and others he plays samples.

one thing that i'm still wondering about - both LB's social media accts and Michael Urbano were teasing Countdown during rehearsals. i'm wondering whether that's now been completely scrapped (if it was ever an option), or we still have a chance to hear it.

and then of course, tunes like Rodeo, RAB, and Walk A Thin Line, Lindsey can easily do acoustically without the band so would be nice to get them on some of the dates!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2022, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
one thing that i'm still wondering about - both LB's social media accts and Michael Urbano were teasing Countdown during rehearsals. i'm wondering whether that's now been completely scrapped (if it was ever an option), or we still have a chance to hear it.

and then of course, tunes like Rodeo, RAB, and Walk A Thin Line, Lindsey can easily do acoustically without the band so would be nice to get them on some of the dates!
I wonder why he's not doing Dancin'.

Is the word that Brett is out for the entire tour? I think Brett lives in Denver so maybe he'll be back at that show on Tuesday.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the end, even though Lindsey was blessed to have wonderful kids later in his life, I bet he would be thrilled to go out hamming it up on stage. Some people are like John and want to relax on their boats. But others are restless. These people who have toured for the bulk of their lives probably want to tour into eternity. I am dealing with a parent immobilized by Parkinson’s and I realize there is a certain beauty in being able to be active up to the very end. I am thinking of Brett and wishing him all the good vibes he has given me over the years. I don’t think he’ll be able to join this tour, but am so glad he had the last one.