The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:52 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 744
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Clearly Chris cannot play piano anymore esp on a long tour. She wanted another goodbye love song and picked a good closer. "Turn down the lights, etc".
I understand that Chris' hands cannot tickle the ivories like she used to---at 75, none of us will be able to do what we once did. I'm good with that and I LOVE Chris.

However, I would have preferred that the hired hand 2nd keyboard player play "Songbird" on his piano while Christine sat at her keyboard singing the tune. A Fleetwood Mac show should be closed with "Songbird".

Moreover, to replace the traditional "Songbird" show closer with a song from an obscure lackluster album such as "Time" is a bad decision.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:53 PM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wait wait - this is a forum for haters!

y'all i enjoyed looking at the numbers of views on TL sometime today (or last night?) and for once - and first time ever that i've seen - the post-Rumours forum was hopping!!

so i like the division of Rumours forum being for fans of Classic 5 and dumping on Fakewood when we feel like it, and post-Rumours being for all the FM6 -lovers!

Well, haters and lovers alike need a set list thread! One forum needs it to discuss the positive and negative aspects of their choices and the hating forum needs it as official proof that these sick f**ks actually had the freaking audacity to follow thru on opening the set with The Chain and closing with Go Your Own Way!
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:56 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
official proof that these sick f**ks actually had the freaking audacity to follow thru on opening the set with The Chain and closing with Go Your Own Way!
Which came as a surprise to nobodyÖ
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:11 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know some people wanted new music for this tour, but considering that 9 of these songs are songs FM either hasn't done in 40 years or never done before, that's like having 9 new songs.
i guess my math is different but you and i can get that sorted out in Canton!

i see only 4 songs that were really different in the set:

Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Hypnotized
Isn't It Midnight
All Over Again

butchering of untouchable classic like Black Magic Woman? that's unforgivable. i'd rather hear it from a different cover band that can actually do it justice. if people who were spitting on Lindsey's versions of Oh Well are now saying this BMW is worth seeing? well in that case we definitely cannot talk music. your ears are calibrated way different then mine, and i had a lot of classic musical education, actually. oh i and people said while his guitar parts were ok Mike's voice on Oh Well was sad to listen to. most comments were - does he ever sing? good thing he didn't try to sing anything else.

i also heard I Got You clip, someone posted it in my fb group. oy wey. man. poor Neil. it's such a great song and sounded so bad yesterday. i'll look for cheap Neil local solo shows and maybe i get to hear it there how it's supposed to sound. i didn't hear DDIO from yesterday but people say that one was even worse. but at least i don't love that one as much as I Got You.

what else did i hear? someone tried to make me listen to some periscope some time last night and i just couldn't my ears were hurting. i did hear a clip of Storms (isn't that Lindsey's favorite SN song? he said something like that in Tusk reissue liner notes i think?), and what made that song live for me were Lindsey's gorgeous harmonies he pulled live in 2009. there was no harmonies. i had to stop listening.

Isn't It Midnight is nowhere near my favorites of Christine-Lindsey co-writes but i would have loved to hear that one from the 2 of them if nothing for Lindsey's guitar solo. maybe next BuckVie tour?

i heard a bit of Tell Me and sounded kinda ok but i don't really know how it's supposed to sound.

i didn't hear Second Hand News or Monday Morning from yesterday, but after hearing SHN from iheart i think Neil can actually sing these 2 specific songs better than current voice Lindsey. his SHN from vegas was a bit too sing-songy but it was a cute cover and he clearly enjoyed it. not as good as Keith Urban's version from Musicares, but not bad. so i suspect those 2 songs are well executed and well received. Go Your Own Way i did see the ending clip from yesterday and that was cringe-worthy. luckily i get to enjoy the real deal before the week's end!

All Over Again - as usual Christine is the gutsiest one in pulling deep and really deep cuts or rarely played songs. there was Think About Me on the last tour. Hold Me on BuckVie tour (not a deep cut but never played. i'm sure it would have been on this tour if LB was still there). so go Chris!

what else? apparently they let Stevie talk about some Frankenstein or something story and Neil wouldn't play ball with her and she complained that he was ignoring her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what else? apparently they let Stevie talk about some Frankenstein or something story and Neil wouldn't play ball with her and she complained that he was ignoring her.
And then she made an ignorant comment about Neil doing the haka....because if she had any clue what that word meant she would know that it is not something he would do despite his nationality.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:22 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Well, haters and lovers alike need a set list thread! One forum needs it to discuss the positive and negative aspects of their choices and the hating forum needs it as official proof that these sick f**ks actually had the freaking audacity to follow thru on opening the set with The Chain and closing with Go Your Own Way!
heh true! well all the positives and the cheer-leading i'm guessing are in post-rumours, and i just listed above all what i've heard from yesterday - which i'm sure most will perceive as negative considering i don't see much about versions by this specific cover band that would be of interest to me. i really didn't plan to follow or listen, but we ended up having tons of fun in some group chats so i did get to hear the setlist and some of the clips - so y'all know better by now than me holding back my opinions.

oh yeah, apparently people were going to restrooms in droves when pre-BN era songs or Split Enz songs were played.

i'm glad this opening night is over now, and we can all go continue enjoy whatever we love in peace.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:51 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i guess my math is different but you and i can get that sorted out in Canton!

i see only 4 songs that were really different in the set:

Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Hypnotized
Isn't It Midnight
All Over Again

butchering of untouchable classic like Black Magic Woman? that's unforgivable. i'd rather hear it from a different cover band that can actually do it justice. if people who were spitting on Lindsey's versions of Oh Well are now saying this BMW is worth seeing? well in that case we definitely cannot talk music. your ears are calibrated way different then mine, and i had a lot of classic musical education, actually. oh i and people said while his guitar parts were ok Mike's voice on Oh Well was sad to listen to. most comments were - does he ever sing? good thing he didn't try to sing anything else.

i also heard I Got You clip, someone posted it in my fb group. oy wey. man. poor Neil. it's such a great song and sounded so bad yesterday. i'll look for cheap Neil local solo shows and maybe i get to hear it there how it's supposed to sound. i didn't hear DDIO from yesterday but people say that one was even worse. but at least i don't love that one as much as I Got You.

what else did i hear? someone tried to make me listen to some periscope some time last night and i just couldn't my ears were hurting. i did hear a clip of Storms (isn't that Lindsey's favorite SN song? he said something like that in Tusk reissue liner notes i think?), and what made that song live for me were Lindsey's gorgeous harmonies he pulled live in 2009. there was no harmonies. i had to stop listening.

Isn't It Midnight is nowhere near my favorites of Christine-Lindsey co-writes but i would have loved to hear that one from the 2 of them if nothing for Lindsey's guitar solo. maybe next BuckVie tour?

i heard a bit of Tell Me and sounded kinda ok but i don't really know how it's supposed to sound.

i didn't hear Second Hand News or Monday Morning from yesterday, but after hearing SHN from iheart i think Neil can actually sing these 2 specific songs better than current voice Lindsey. his SHN from vegas was a bit too sing-songy but it was a cute cover and he clearly enjoyed it. not as good as Keith Urban's version from Musicares, but not bad. so i suspect those 2 songs are well executed and well received. Go Your Own Way i did see the ending clip from yesterday and that was cringe-worthy. luckily i get to enjoy the real deal before the week's end!

All Over Again - as usual Christine is the gutsiest one in pulling deep and really deep cuts or rarely played songs. there was Think About Me on the last tour. Hold Me on BuckVie tour (not a deep cut but never played. i'm sure it would have been on this tour if LB was still there). so go Chris!

what else? apparently they let Stevie talk about some Frankenstein or something story and Neil wouldn't play ball with her and she complained that he was ignoring her.
Letís get real: there is no way you would post a positive review even if you truly liked what you heard.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Letís get real: there is no way you would post a positive review even if you truly liked what you heard.
That's not always the case, I'm very pro Lindsey and I was more impressed with the SetList than I expected to be...I think playing MM, SHN and GYOW was too Lindsey heavy but if they dont play his songs then they dont have enough upbeat songs, hence also including I Got You which I though was a great call.

No one is going to write a positive FM review if they are pro-Lindsey really are they, but most of these comments are not unfair or unreasonable
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-04-2018, 09:06 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post

No one is going to write a positive FM review if they are pro-Lindsey really are they, but most of these comments are not unfair or unreasonable
The first part of this sentence is my point, and I was addressing the specific “reviewer” I was quoting.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-04-2018, 09:12 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Let’s get real: there is no way you would post a positive review even if you truly liked what you heard.
let's get real - i actually thought their iheart performance was pretty good, and i said that in the thread in post-rumours about it. and if you read what i wrote above, i thought one of the rare good moments were probably SHN and MM.

but yes, i'm happy that there's nothing that *i" am missing with new FM. and i'm happy that i'll never have to suffer through a SN performance again.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-04-2018, 09:17 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i didn't hear Second Hand News or Monday Morning from yesterday, but after hearing SHN from iheart i think Neil can actually sing these 2 specific songs better than current voice Lindsey. his SHN from vegas was a bit too sing-songy but it was a cute cover and he clearly enjoyed it. not as good as Keith Urban's version from Musicares, but not bad. so i suspect those 2 songs are well executed and well received. Go Your Own Way i did see the ending clip from yesterday and that was cringe-worthy. luckily i get to enjoy the real deal before the week's end!
haha StevieandChris you actually quoted my sentences above and then concluded from them that somebody like me will NEVER write anything positive about Lindsey-less show.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-04-2018, 09:41 PM
FM77 FM77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 517
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Some lucky fans got front row last night for $72. I love ticket drops.
That was a TM ticket drop??
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-04-2018, 11:29 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM77 View Post
That was a TM ticket drop??
I'll have to look at the screenshot again. Probably resale. It's been a long and busy day.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-05-2018, 04:23 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i guess my math is different but you and i can get that sorted out in Canton!

i see only 4 songs that were really different in the set:

Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Hypnotized
Isn't It Midnight
All Over Again

butchering of untouchable classic like Black Magic Woman? that's unforgivable. i'd rather hear it from a different cover band that can actually do it justice. if people who were spitting on Lindsey's versions of Oh Well are now saying this BMW is worth seeing? well in that case we definitely cannot talk music. your ears are calibrated way different then mine, and i had a lot of classic musical education, actually. oh i and people said while his guitar parts were ok Mike's voice on Oh Well was sad to listen to. most comments were - does he ever sing? good thing he didn't try to sing anything else.

Isn't It Midnight is nowhere near my favorites of Christine-Lindsey co-writes but i would have loved to hear that one from the 2 of them if nothing for Lindsey's guitar solo. maybe next BuckVie tour?
The 9 songs I was referring to were the 4 you mentioned, plus Black Magic Woman, Don't Dream It's Over, I Got You, Storms, and Free Fallin'.

I haven't heard any of the audio from the concert, so I can't comment on how the band sounded, but I'm excited about the set list. I don't care for Oh Well, World Turning, BMW, or TMATTYD, but since I've never heard the last 2 live, and I like the idea of switching lead vocals, again, I'm more excited than I would have been. For example, I don't care for Christine's song Why, but if Lindsey sang it live, I would be more interested and curious to hear it than I would have been otherwise. Same thing with BMW. Not sure why anyone spit on Lindsey's version of Oh Well, he did as good a job as anyone else, as far as I was concerned. It's just not a song I like no matter who's singing it. I appreciate your background in music but yeah, we will all have different opinions about music and songs and it doesn't mean one person is right or wrong for liking a song or not. I don't know that Mike sings much, but I saw a video of him singing Free Fallin' and I thought he did a great job... and that's a song I don't care for, and I really hate Stevie's recorded version, so I doubt I'll like her live version.

I noticed FM never performed Isn't It Midnight when Lindsey and Christine toured with the band, or on the Buck/Vie tour, so I wonder if maybe he doesn't particularly care for that song live? Although I'm sure if Christine really wanted to sing it, they would have, I just thought it was interesting.

I am extremely excited to see FM in early November and LB in late November! This is an incredible and unbelievable opportunity to see 2 great concerts in a short period of time. I really am not much of a concert goer at all, I've probably only seen 10 different artists in my lifetime, but FM is a band I've seen 4 other times, and I imagine this will be my last time seeing them.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-05-2018, 08:31 AM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 146
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The 9 songs I was referring to were the 4 you mentioned, plus Black Magic Woman, Don't Dream It's Over, I Got You, Storms, and Free Fallin'.

I haven't heard any of the audio from the concert, so I can't comment on how the band sounded, but I'm excited about the set list. I don't care for Oh Well, World Turning, BMW, or TMATTYD, but since I've never heard the last 2 live, and I like the idea of switching lead vocals, again, I'm more excited than I would have been. For example, I don't care for Christine's song Why, but if Lindsey sang it live, I would be more interested and curious to hear it than I would have been otherwise. Same thing with BMW. Not sure why anyone spit on Lindsey's version of Oh Well, he did as good a job as anyone else, as far as I was concerned. It's just not a song I like no matter who's singing it. I appreciate your background in music but yeah, we will all have different opinions about music and songs and it doesn't mean one person is right or wrong for liking a song or not. I don't know that Mike sings much, but I saw a video of him singing Free Fallin' and I thought he did a great job... and that's a song I don't care for, and I really hate Stevie's recorded version, so I doubt I'll like her live version.

I noticed FM never performed Isn't It Midnight when Lindsey and Christine toured with the band, or on the Buck/Vie tour, so I wonder if maybe he doesn't particularly care for that song live? Although I'm sure if Christine really wanted to sing it, they would have, I just thought it was interesting.

I am extremely excited to see FM in early November and LB in late November! This is an incredible and unbelievable opportunity to see 2 great concerts in a short period of time. I really am not much of a concert goer at all, I've probably only seen 10 different artists in my lifetime, but FM is a band I've seen 4 other times, and I imagine this will be my last time seeing them.
Great post and great attitude. I have no interest in seeing this version of FM but I get where you are coming from. Have fun at both shows.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$2.99
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved