The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:00 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,366
Default Set list for An Evening With Fleetwood Mac

The Chain
Little Lies
Second Hand News
Dreams
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman- vocals by Stevie
Everywhere
I Got You- vocals by Neil
Rhiannon
Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Storms
World Turning
Hypnotized
Oh Well- vocals by Mike
Don't Dream It's Over
Landslide
Isn't It Midnight
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way

Encores
Free Fallin'- vocals by Stevie
Don't Stop
All Over Again- vocals by Christine and Stevie
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:16 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,214
Default

I absolutely loved the setlist and the videos make it seem like it was played well, but it’s definitely become more of the Stevie show than I’d like. I don’t dig how she inserted herself into I Got You, DDIO, and All Over Again or insisted they do Free Fallin’ against Mike’s initial wishes. It’s still an interesting show and I’m still curious to see where it goes.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:17 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,366
Default

I know some people wanted new music for this tour, but considering that 9 of these songs are songs FM either hasn't done in 40 years or never done before, that's like having 9 new songs. Black Magic Woman by Stevie?!? Genius. Isn't It Midnight by Christine?!? No one can say that song has worn out it's welcome. Storms?!? Same thing. I'd never heard I Got You so I looked it up and I guess I'm lucky- I love it and can't wait to hear them do it live. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to hear Hypnotized live- very exciting! All Over You and Tell Me All the Things You Do are also like new songs for me, and I imagine, most people who will be in the audience. I'd take deep cuts and cover songs over new songs, at this point. I hated the 4 new songs on the Dance and was bored by a majority of Say You Will, but this set list is so much better than what I anticipated.

Now if only they would swap All Over You with As Long As You Follow, I would completely lose it!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I know some people wanted new music for this tour, but considering that 9 of these songs are songs FM either hasn't done in 40 years or never done before, that's like having 9 new songs. Black Magic Woman by Stevie?!? Genius. Isn't It Midnight by Christine?!? No one can say that song has worn out it's welcome. Storms?!? Same thing. I'd never heard I Got You so I looked it up and I guess I'm lucky- I love it and can't wait to hear them do it live. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to hear Hypnotized live- very exciting! All Over You and Tell Me All the Things You Do are also like new songs for me, and I imagine, most people who will be in the audience. I'd take deep cuts and cover songs over new songs, at this point. I hated the 4 new songs on the Dance and was bored by a majority of Say You Will, but this set list is so much better than what I anticipated.

Now if only they would swap All Over You with As Long As You Follow, I would completely lose it!
I agree. The set list is wonderful. I also agree that I'd like to see a little less Stevie and little more Christine/Neil but Stevie puts the rears in the seats so I can understand why she's taking a prominent role. "I Got You" is such a great song and I'm surprised but very happy that they added it to the set list. It'll always be an Enz song to me but it's cool to see it reaching a wider audience.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:24 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I absolutely loved the setlist and the videos make it seem like it was played well, but itís definitely become more of the Stevie show than Iíd like. I donít dig how she inserted herself into I Got You, DDIO, and All Over Again or insisted they do Free Falliní against Mikeís initial wishes. Itís still an interesting show and Iím still curious to see where it goes.
I'm making a conscious decision to not watch any videos so I can look forward to seeing the show myself, so I can't comment about Stevie inserting herself in the songs you mentioned. However, I was actually concerned she would leave the stage during them, so I'm thrilled she didn't. Reading that All Over Again is like a duet between Christine and Stevie makes me happy! More, please.

I am so thankful they're not performing Stop Dragging My Heart, Need to Know, and Stand Back. Or Songbird and Silver Springs. And I'm shocked they didn't sing Gypsy, after playing it on Ellen. Shocked but happy. A little disappointed they didn't do Man of the World, since Neil and Mike played it live a few months ago.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2018, 04:03 PM
TimeCastASpell TimeCastASpell is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Metro Detroit, MI
Posts: 167
Default

Wasn’t it Lindsey who said or alluded to being tired of playing “Greatest Hits”? So how did we end up finally mixing things up a bit now that he’s gone?

I really like the looks of this setlist. I’m kind of debating the Saturday Chicago show. Wasn’t even on my radar at this point until a friend I turned on to FM messaged me just assuming I’d be there. I feel iffy about giving a band that’s screwed around with my emotions so much so much money (like yikes $230 for a crappy up high side seat to Saturday’s show? Last FM concert I went to was Rosemont on Valentine’s Day a few years back and I could be wrong but could’ve sworn we paid $200ish for floor seats right before the show. I’ve definitely paid less for better seats for other Mac shows so ehhh... I’d have bought my ticket unquestionably the day they went on sale if Lindsey was still with them.). But man I really like the looks of this setlist. Dang it. I feel like I’ve got emotional whiplash over this band lately. Liked what I’ve heard of the current tour in some Instagram clips too. Is there a thread around for people who are waffling on whether to go to this tour? Because shoot am I conflicted. But what a nice setlist. I’m genuinely surprised.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2018, 04:51 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Wasnít it Lindsey who said or alluded to being tired of playing ďGreatest HitsĒ? So how did we end up finally mixing things up a bit now that heís gone?
I'm pretty sure it's because of him being gone that they finally felt they had to change up the set list. I'm sure he would've liked to play some other songs but when they were all together it's not hard to see that they probably would've felt it would be safer and easier to keep with the same old greatest hits. But with him gone, that's such a big change and I think they would've gotten quite a lot of flack if they had just played the same things.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2018, 05:22 PM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 2,479
Default

Thanks for posting this as a separate thread which is justified.
I give the set list a solid B.

LOVE: Hypnotized, Black Magic Woman, Isn't it Midnight, Storms. No Gypsy intro, No Stand Back, No SDMHA

Not crazy about: 2 Neil Finn songs (1 was enough), too many Lindsey songs. GYOW was enough.

I do not think All Over Again is a message to Lindsey as some were speculating. Clearly Chris cannot play piano anymore esp on a long tour. She wanted another goodbye love song and picked a good closer. "Turn down the lights, etc"

Nice selections from their long history. At least they dared to do it. Who would have ever guessed Fleetwood Mac would play Bob Welch again. I still cant believe it.

I wish Why was the closer. That would have given the setlist an A.
__________________

Still I believe.....BACKSTABBING AND BETRAYAL will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2018, 05:37 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
Wasnít it Lindsey who said or alluded to being tired of playing ďGreatest HitsĒ? So how did we end up finally mixing things up a bit now that heís gone?
I think they were all tired of doing the same Greatest Hits tours, but had vastly different ideas of how to change that. Lindsey wanted to make new music and the others wanted revisit the other eras of the band.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2018, 05:45 PM
SteveMacD's Avatar
SteveMacD SteveMacD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: The Buckeye State
Posts: 6,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I am so thankful they're not performing Stop Dragging My Heart,
I would rather have had that over FF.

Quote:
A little disappointed they didn't do Man of the World, since Neil and Mike played it live a few months ago.
Ditto. Maybe it will show up.

In light of All Over Again being in the set, I wonder if Freedom might be considered down the road.
__________________
On and on it will always be, the rhythm, rhyme, and harmony.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b313/SteveMacD/fm2014_zps5c60d7b9.jpg
THE Stephen Hopkins
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Sugar Mouse's Avatar
Sugar Mouse Sugar Mouse is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Thanks for posting this as a separate thread which is justified.
I give the set list a solid B.

LOVE: Hypnotized, Black Magic Woman, Isn't it Midnight, Storms. No Gypsy intro, No Stand Back, No SDMHA

Not crazy about: 2 Neil Finn songs (1 was enough), too many Lindsey songs. GYOW was enough.

I do not think All Over Again is a message to Lindsey as some were speculating. Clearly Chris cannot play piano anymore esp on a long tour. She wanted another goodbye love song and picked a good closer. "Turn down the lights, etc"

Nice selections from their long history. At least they dared to do it. Who would have ever guessed Fleetwood Mac would play Bob Welch again. I still cant believe it.

I wish Why was the closer. That would have given the setlist an A.
Love "Why". And "Dust" should also be in the setlist.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Mr Scarrott Mr Scarrott is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
Love "Why". And "Dust" should also be in the setlist.
Imagine replacing the long intro to Why with Dust

When your swift hair is quiet in death
And through the lips corruption
Thrust to still the labour of my breath
When we are dust
When we are dust...
There's no use in crying, it's all over
But I know there'll always be another day
Well my heart will rise up with the morning sun
And the hurt I feel will simply melt away


Just an impossible thought!
__________________
To lose Lindsey Buckingham once may be regarded as a misfortune, to lose him twice looks like carelessness.

Last edited by Mr Scarrott : 10-04-2018 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:42 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
The Chain
Little Lies
Second Hand News
Dreams
Say You Love Me
Black Magic Woman- vocals by Stevie
Everywhere
I Got You- vocals by Neil
Rhiannon
Tell Me All the Things You Do- vocals by Neil
Storms
World Turning
Hypnotized
Oh Well- vocals by Mike
Don't Dream It's Over
Landslide
Isn't It Midnight
Monday Morning
You Make Loving Fun
Gold Dust Woman
Go Your Own Way

Encores
Free Fallin'- vocals by Stevie
Don't Stop
All Over Again- vocals by Christine and Stevie
wait wait - this is a forum for haters!

y'all i enjoyed looking at the numbers of views on TL sometime today (or last night?) and for once - and first time ever that i've seen - the post-Rumours forum was hopping!!

so i like the division of Rumours forum being for fans of Classic 5 and dumping on Fakewood when we feel like it, and post-Rumours being for all the FM6 -lovers!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:46 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
WI feel iffy about giving a band thatís screwed around with my emotions so much so much money (like yikes $230 for a crappy up high side seat to Saturdayís show?
you should probably wait till the day of the show. people were saying front row Tulsa on Stubhub were down to $100 right before the show yesterday. they were supposedly moving people from the back of the venue upfront because it was so bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:46 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeCastASpell View Post
I really like the looks of this setlist. Iím kind of debating the Saturday Chicago show. Wasnít even on my radar at this point until a friend I turned on to FM messaged me just assuming Iíd be there. I feel iffy about giving a band thatís screwed around with my emotions so much so much money (like yikes $230 for a crappy up high side seat to Saturdayís show?
Some lucky fans got front row last night for $72. I love ticket drops.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH
$589.98
LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH pictureRare Australian Eclipse Peter Pan Mottled Mint Green Bakelite Valve Radio c1947
$452.33
Rare Australian Eclipse Peter Pan Mottled Mint Green Bakelite Valve Radio c1947 picturePeter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$450.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock picturePeter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$375.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock pictureDISNEY WDCC PETER PAN NOBODY CALLS PAN A COWARD BRAND NIB GREEN RARE P
$199.98
DISNEY WDCC PETER PAN NOBODY CALLS PAN A COWARD BRAND NIB GREEN RARE P picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved