The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-20-2018, 05:18 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
What they did to him is no worse than what he did to them.
huh? who's speculating and projecting now? Christine says she had no clue anything was wrong. Mick says he had to explain and convince John, and it took a few days. apparently you know more than Christine and John.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-20-2018, 11:36 PM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 604
Default

It is in my eyes a grave injustice when a person gets kicked off his job and creative project of 30- odd years for no apparent reason. Would you stand for that at your company? In your neighbourhood? In your circle of friends or acquaintances?

Wages earned do not even enter into it, on ANY economic level I consider that an injustice done.

And yes, that is merely one of the kinds of injustices that occur in the world. Sadly there are way too many, and it may not weigh as much as what's done to political prisoners, say.
But any injustice is one injustice too many in the world and should not be condoned but questioned, exposed and fought.

Sas, life long amnesty international member for a reason.
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-21-2018, 10:10 AM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,402
Default

According to the Oxford Dictionary, which is definitive IMHO:

Injustice:
"1.1 [count noun] An unjust act or occurrence."
So, what does "unjust" mean? Is an act only REALLY "unjust" if it's comparable to an innocent guy who's on death row for 30 years, etc.? Let's look at usage. The Oxford Dictionary also provides the following example of correct usage:
"His sacking was an injustice."
Well, look at that! At least according to Oxford, the word certainly can apply to Lindsey's situation.


Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yes. and Chris Cornell had the recognition, fame, payday, success, looks, family, voice, creativity, touring and recording solo and with Soundgarden, tons of respect.

Anthony Bourdain. Robin Williams. [...]

they were all highly successful and rich. what exactly is your argument?
I think one of the reasons these men were driven to despair was the fact that so many people were telling them they had no right to be unhappy.
__________________
- Nancy


Last edited by sodascouts : 09-21-2018 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-22-2018, 12:05 PM
DownOnRodeo's Avatar
DownOnRodeo DownOnRodeo is online now
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 3,125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
The Oxford Dictionary[/url] also provides the following example of correct usage:
"His sacking was an injustice."
Well, look at that! At least according to Oxford, the word certainly can apply to Lindsey's situation.
LOL.
OED for the win!
__________________
Joe
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-22-2018, 02:08 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasja View Post
It is in my eyes a grave injustice when a person gets kicked off his job and creative project of 30- odd years for no apparent reason. Would you stand for that at your company? In your neighbourhood? In your circle of friends or acquaintances?

Wages earned do not even enter into it, on ANY economic level I consider that an injustice done.

And yes, that is merely one of the kinds of injustices that occur in the world. Sadly there are way too many, and it may not weigh as much as what's done to political prisoners, say.
But any injustice is one injustice too many in the world and should not be condoned but questioned, exposed and fought.

Sas, life long amnesty international member for a reason.
The “no apparent reason” part is where fans keep going in circles. Even if we the fans don’t know the whole story, the rest of the band and their management etc. think they had a reason to do what they did (whether fans agree or not).

I, as someone who thinks Lindsey has been an asshole for 40 years and should have been fired after the infamous 1980 Australia show, think they have a reason too.

Those of you who “side” with Lindsey don’t think there is a reason, and don’t like that it happened.

So there’s nothing really that can be said or done.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-22-2018, 02:32 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
The “no apparent reason” part i
most people think there's a reason. just 2 polar opposite reasons, depending on which fan is projecting. and these groups of fans will apparently never agree, no matter how many facts they are confronted with.

some think the reason is hinted in the new LB song that just came out, others think these are old 2012 lyrics that mean nothing for recent happenings:
Beautiful sister
Told a few lies
When it came to taking names
It was all compromise
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-22-2018, 09:45 PM
vivfox's Avatar
vivfox vivfox is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
I, as someone who thinks Lindsey has been an asshole for 40 years and should have been fired after the infamous 1980 Australia show, think they have a reason too. Those of you who ďsideĒ with Lindsey donít think there is a reason, and donít like that it happened.
You thinking he was an asshole is solely based on hearing one side of the/a story. And it was New Zealand BTW, not Australia. What you never see is Stevie pushing Lindsey's buttons which is something Ken Calliat said happened a lot during recording sessions.
__________________
 photo d754aa6e-1605-473c-895b-9665a3f17371_zpsrtovtrei.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-23-2018, 12:21 AM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SN KILLED, FM
Posts: 1,603
Default

M$ck Fl$$twood is such an old money grubbing wh$re. YOU FIRED Lindsey, he didn't leave you and you left him. Can't wait till we here people screaming out Lindseys name. This is going to be GREAT.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-23-2018, 12:29 AM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
You thinking he was an asshole is solely based on hearing one side of the/a story. And it was New Zealand BTW, not Australia. What you never see is Stevie pushing Lindsey's buttons which is something Ken Calliat said happened a lot during recording sessions.
Amen.

I think Richard also suggested this in his own, more careful, way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$200.84
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$90.37
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie Rock Singer Songwriter - RRV30495 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved