Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-08-2023, 05:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Ah, it’s been awhile since I’ve been made fun of for being gay LOL. Kind of like when someone called Ellen DeGeneres “Ellen Degenerate!”

I know Jbrownsjr, I know, Homer was kidding, I’m sensitive, and he doesn’t name call people here, etc. Not a problem for me, I just thought I’d acknowledge to Homer I saw his comment, I took it for exactly what it was, and moved on.
Some can dish it out but they cant take it. They melt faster than a snowflake.
Old 10-08-2023, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm truly joking around. I know you are sensitive, but was hoping you'd laugh at the chiffon jokes. Not my intent to hurt anyone's feelings.
I do laugh at the chiffon jokes. You don’t call people names, jbrownsjr. I take issue with the BW boi crack, or when Homer calls people idiots. I don’t complain to the mods behind his back, I just acknowledge to him I saw his post.

Macfan4life, I don’t mind being compared to a snowflake, since that seems to be the motto of MAGA believers, so I consider that a compliment.

I can dish it out and take it; what I don’t do is name calling
Old 10-09-2023, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I do laugh at the chiffon jokes. You don’t call people names, jbrownsjr. I take issue with the BW boi crack, or when Homer calls people idiots. I don’t complain to the mods behind his back, I just acknowledge to him I saw his post.

Macfan4life, I don’t mind being compared to a snowflake, since that seems to be the motto of MAGA believers, so I consider that a compliment.

I'm 99% sure Macfan was not referring to you, BWBOY.

Now, how about Christine McVie, our Songbird.
Old 10-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm 99% sure Macfan was not referring to you, BWBOY.

Now, how about Christine McVie, our Songbird.
Geez, I really feel like a jerk now. When I first read your comment that you were 99% sure Macfan4life wasn’t referring to me, I thought you were crazy. But I know you’re not a BSer, jbrownsjr, so I know you wouldn’t just say that unless you meant it. And frankly, I was so irritated at the situation, I must have read the comment all wrong. So I apologize to you Macfan4life, for taking my frustration out on you. Even though we disagree a lot about FM and SN (Talk to Me is a good song!) I enjoy reading your take on things and the way you bring up thoughtful subjects and topics. I hate that I got defensive and sincerely hope you accept my apology. I would have sent you a message but I really wanted to accept responsibility in front of everyone.

Christine McVie was wonderful. I saw her with FM three times- BTM in 1990, the Dance in 1996, and the last FM tour in 2019 (or 2018, whenever it was). The last tour I saw her with FM, she was the highlight of the concert. I pointed out out at the time that her stage presence had strengthened so much since 1996, and the only reason I could think of was because of her tour with Lindsey the year before. Seeing her come out from behind the keyboard and take center stage for some songs was a new thing to see, and she seemed to love it.

IÂ’m very excited to buy the rerelease of her 1984 album in November. Preorders are available now, and hopefully there will be more stuff from the archives released soon.
Old 10-09-2023, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Not my video cause my old little camera wasn't good enough to record (though great pics I did get!), but it's so emotional to watch again the last time I saw her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTuE1LLx5MU
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (96.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-09-2023, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Geez, I really feel like a jerk now. When I first read your comment that you were 99% sure Macfan4life wasn’t referring to me, I thought you were crazy.
I’m staying out of this other than to say I read it the same way and was confused.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-10-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Geez, I really feel like a jerk now. When I first read your comment that you were 99% sure Macfan4life wasn’t referring to me, I thought you were crazy. But I know you’re not a BSer, jbrownsjr, so I know you wouldn’t just say that unless you meant it. And frankly, I was so irritated at the situation, I must have read the comment all wrong. So I apologize to you Macfan4life, for taking my frustration out on you. Even though we disagree a lot about FM and SN (Talk to Me is a good song!) I enjoy reading your take on things and the way you bring up thoughtful subjects and topics. I hate that I got defensive and sincerely hope you accept my apology. I would have sent you a message but I really wanted to accept responsibility in front of everyone.

Christine McVie was wonderful. I saw her with FM three times- BTM in 1990, the Dance in 1996, and the last FM tour in 2019 (or 2018, whenever it was). The last tour I saw her with FM, she was the highlight of the concert. I pointed out out at the time that her stage presence had strengthened so much since 1996, and the only reason I could think of was because of her tour with Lindsey the year before. Seeing her come out from behind the keyboard and take center stage for some songs was a new thing to see, and she seemed to love it.

IÂ’m very excited to buy the rerelease of her 1984 album in November. Preorders are available now, and hopefully there will be more stuff from the archives released soon.
You don't need to apologize for anything. We were teasing you and it didn't come off correctly.

And, anyone would read Macfan's as referring to you. But, my gut tells me that macfan was referring to someone else. I could be wrong. But it's over now and we can continue our points of view, hold hands and run through the crystaline hills.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Not my video cause my old little camera wasn't good enough to record (though great pics I did get!), but it's so emotional to watch again the last time I saw her:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTuE1LLx5MU
Thanks for sharing, that is bittersweet.

Had my crystal ball been working better, I would have somehow tried to see them on that tour.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Thanks for sharing, that is bittersweet.

Had my crystal ball been working better, I would have somehow tried to see them on that tour.
In 2014, she still sang very well for her age. There is a lot of warmth in that vocal—and she pitched nicely.

By 2018, she seemed exhausted and much frailer.
Old 10-10-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In 2014, she still sang very well for her age. There is a lot of warmth in that vocal—and she pitched nicely.

By 2018, she seemed exhausted and much frailer.
I wonder if she was getting treatments. That would definitely hinder voice.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m staying out of this other than to say I read it the same way and was confused.
Steve
You misinterpret everything I say around here. Bwboy is no snowflake but someone else is.
Old 10-10-2023, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I am not referring to you. You have grit and not a snowflake.
Some of you need a program book or reference guide to keep up around here.

Although the strangest thing that happened to me once here is I was threatened to not engage someone around here because I had not been around long enough. There is more jealousy on this board than a Buck/Vie concert with Stevie in the audience. But I am never jealous. I am the warm, lovable one with a sense of humor that no one gets.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-10-2023 at 11:45 AM..
Old 10-10-2023, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder if she was getting treatments. That would definitely hinder voice.
I think that was part of it. Also, that 2014-15 tour was huge. While I know Mick wanted to reconquer the planet, and make (to lose) more millions, that tour took its toll on all of them.

More recording, less touring—that’s my motto for older artists.
Old 10-10-2023, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I think that was part of it. Also, that 2014-15 tour was huge. While I know Mick wanted to reconquer the planet, and make (to lose) more millions, that tour took its toll on all of them.

More recording, less touring—that’s my motto for older artists.
And then she went right into BuckVie (finish) then tour, Classics: East West, then Lindsey firing, then 2018 tour.