User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-05-2023, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I still can't believe it's been 10 years. This blows my mind.
We gettin' old af.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Does anyone else remember the really early days when little clues about Christine returning started to pop up. I remember Mick posting a picture of him and Christine out to dinner with a group of people in Hawaii, then we started to hear about her potentially performing with his Blues Band. It was beyond an exciting time!
Yes, I remember this picture! There is John, too.

I also remember some article or video, where Mick said something like the worst kept secret is that Christine is returning to Fleetwood Mac.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Does anyone else remember the really early days when little clues about Christine returning started to pop up. I remember Mick posting a picture of him and Christine out to dinner with a group of people in Hawaii, then we started to hear about her potentially performing with his Blues Band. It was beyond an exciting time!
YES!! I remember her interview where she said she was making music and sending it to someone!! BuckVie tunes that I was dying to hear for 4 years.
Old 10-05-2023, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Yes, I remember this picture! There is John, too.

I also remember some article or video, where Mick said something like the worst kept secret is that Christine is returning to Fleetwood Mac.
Wow, I do remember this photo. And the BBC had her on. It was all so telling.
Old 10-05-2023, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
We gettin' old af.
Old Love, Big Love, Love Is Dangerous, Blue Lamp Love, Red Velvet Love, Cloud Love, Stairs Love, Garden Love, Alice Love, Mirror Love....etc
Old 10-05-2023, 01:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm so glad ya'll remember that. It's not exactly a "I remember what I was doing when..." kind of moment for me, but I definitely remember seeing that pop up and thinking "holy sh*t, is this really happening!?"

It was so great to see the positive vibe that Christine brought back with her and then everything started to take a weird turn by the fall with the tour kicking off and the Rolling Stone cover with Stevie, the passive aggressive comments about not having her promised year off etc. Both exciting and such weird times all at once.

I'll never forget my week of Fleetwood Mac in October of 2014. Road tripping to see them in Pittsburgh and Columbus. Truly some of the happiest adventures I could ask for. Lots of driving and Fleetwood Mac tunes. The roar from the crowd in Pittsburgh as Christine started to sing YMLF...I'll never forget it. Goosebumps.

It's hard to process that within ten years time Mick's restaurant has burned to the ground (where that photo was taken), the entire band has splintered, Lindsey nearly died, and both Christine & Brett have passed.

Last edited by BigAl84; 10-05-2023 at 01:49 PM..
Old 10-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'll never forget my week of Fleetwood Mac in October of 2014. Road tripping to see them in Pittsburgh and Columbus. .
I went to see them in Oct '14 too, but NJ. One of my three trips to US just to see the Mac. I always rent an economic or compact car but they may give you a larger car, and at that time I got a Mustang. Cool weekend.
Old 10-05-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
The roar from the crowd in Pittsburgh as Christine started to sing YMLF...I'll never forget it. Goosebumps.

I swear, the crowd roar for Christine at the LA Forum almost made me faint. And I went so many times. Which is why I was poor around XMAS 2014.

I thought, "These fans have sold out 6 shows! They really did know who she was!! What a great feeling.
Old 10-05-2023, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also went to the second show in London in 2013 when Christine also appeared for Don't Stop. Word had appeared in the press and online about her earlier appearance and I distinctly remember a chant of "We want Christine! We Want Christine!" breaking out half way through World Turning. I would like to report that Stevie was stoney-faced but memory fails...
Old 10-05-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
I also went to the second show in London in 2013 when Christine also appeared for Don't Stop. Word had appeared in the press and online about her earlier appearance and I distinctly remember a chant of "We want Christine! We Want Christine!" breaking out half way through World Turning. I would like to report that Stevie was stoney-faced but memory fails...
Isn't that weirrrrddd????
Old 10-06-2023, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The roar from the crowd in Pittsburgh as Christine started to sing YMLF...I'll never forget it. Goosebumps.
I was there that night too and that roar is honestly one of my, if not THE, absolute favorite moments in my Fleetwood Mac fandom. It was absolutely incredible. And 4 songs from Tango!? My little 80’s kid heart was full that night. What a show!
Old 10-06-2023, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I was there that night too and that roar is honestly one of my, if not THE, absolute favorite moments in my Fleetwood Mac fandom. It was absolutely incredible. And 4 songs from Tango!? My little 80’s kid heart was full that night. What a show!
It's still one of my favorite videos to watch on youtube. If I'm ever having a bad day, it always makes me smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHjYmbnmhq0
Old 10-06-2023, 01:00 PM

Quote:
It's still one of my favorite videos to watch on youtube. If I'm ever having a bad day, it always makes me smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHjYmbnmhq0
OMG, I involuntarily burst into tears, especially when she smiled.
Old 10-06-2023, 01:16 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjrXrqTvSuY

I was here. She looks great! What a treasure.
Old 10-06-2023, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And I was here, oct 2014, but at the left side, very close to Christine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFROgZ0W6fY

So I could watch her like the picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (94.0 KB, 4 views)