Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-24-2023, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Don’t Get Angry with Meyyy!

Stevie’s Tour Manager was the No Filter 2021 Tour Manager. You know more than anyone Waddy is friends with Keith. Stevie met Mick at the Ahmet Ertegun tribute and I’d bet Mick knows of Stevie’s draw. If it happens, she’d get no more than an hour to play. Hackney Diamonds Tour with special guest Stevie Nicks.

She’s opened for Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, and Justin Timberlake (2018 I heart radio festival with FM). Others remaining are Elton, McCartney (as far as I know he doesn’t have opening acts), and The Stones. You know it would be fun watching her work the catwalk down to the b-stage!
I mean these are all facts but you need to just stop even putting this crap out there for the universe. The last thing we need is a dreamcatcher grabbing on to this idea. I think Mick would go with someone younger and less of a similar age group to them at this point. Chiffon heads would be sooooo out of place at a Stones show.
Old 09-24-2023, 01:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Don’t Get Angry with Meyyy!

Stevie’s Tour Manager was the No Filter 2021 Tour Manager. You know more than anyone Waddy is friends with Keith. Stevie met Mick at the Ahmet Ertegun tribute and I’d bet Mick knows of Stevie’s draw. If it happens, she’d get no more than an hour to play. Hackney Diamonds Tour with special guest Stevie Nicks.

She’s opened for Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, Billy Joel, and Justin Timberlake (2018 I heart radio festival with FM). Others remaining are Elton, McCartney (as far as I know he doesn’t have opening acts), and The Stones. You know it would be fun watching her work the catwalk down to the b-stage!
Stevie dieting with Mick Jagger on Gimme Shelter. I would actually leave. The world.
Old 09-24-2023, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Stevie dieting with Mick Jagger on Gimme Shelter. I would actually leave. The world.
Mick would actually have to walk the catwalk slower for Stevie and he's now in his 81st year! Maybe Live With Me a la "Shine A Light" with Stevie
Old 09-24-2023, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Please no Stevie singing “Gimme Shelter” with Mick Jagger. Maybe “You’re So Vain,” but not “Gimme Shelter.”

Now, Bekka Bramlett would make total sense, especially since they originally wanted Bonnie Bramlett to sing on it, but Delaney & Bonnie were on tour. I’d say lucky for Mary Clayton, but she miscarried because singing that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-24-2023, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm on the same page, that Stevie needs to go on a diet. HOWEVER, Gimme Shelter is the GREATEST BACKGROUND VOCAL OF. ALL. TIME. Please keep her high goatness away from that song.

Steve's right though. Bekka is the only one ever from the FM camp that could do it justice. Bekka would KILL IT!
Old 09-24-2023, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
What a sad ending. Clinging to shreds of a once great band. And for WHAT? To be embarrassed by your awful 80yo vocals? To play with karaoke tracks? To pretend to dance around the stage when you should be in a wheelchair? To stage fake love, for the sake of some idiot fans?

P.A.T.H.F.U.C.K.I.N.G.E.T.I.C.
I'm embarrassed for them. Because it's over, and they can't accept it.
Hi Homer,
After watching the, uploaded, YouTube concert in Houston, Texas, I have to sadly agree with some of your comments:
I don't know why she doesn't try to recreate the 'Amazing' 'Rumours' version of 'Gold Dust Woman' with the 'American Indian-esk' percussion beat, rather than the embarrassingly long 'crackhead dance'! What is this, even, all about? If she explained the reason she does that, it might be easier for her audience to understand. I feel she could of tried to communicate more with the audience regarding, whether or not, she is, even, trying to get healthy, so we can sympathise with her instead of feeling sorry for her. I compare her, at the moment, with Kylie Minogue and I know she is a 'pop singer', but Kylie treats her fans with respect enough to, at least, try to recreate the original recorded music, allowing for a live music experience. I have only seen her live once, but I was extremely impressed with her professionalism, stage presence and positive attitude. I just wish we could experience this feeling with Stevie as well, for the sake of her reputation and legacy. Just my opinion, of course.

Last edited by BrownEyedGirl26; 09-24-2023 at 08:21 PM..
Old 09-24-2023, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love it when people think they're going to come here and spank my ass over stating my opinion. Especially when I'm within the rules of the board.

Be careful...I might enjoy it(that can be taken a couple different ways, and it's intentional).
Your opinions on this matter are my opinions. The band is DONE. It was certainly done after Lindsey was fired. In many respects, it was done BEFORE Lindsey was fired.

The last gasp they had towards relevance was the BuckVie project. That should have been a FM album and the tour to support it the last goodbye. Money, spite, fear, and agents got in the way of this.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Your opinions on this matter are my opinions. The band is DONE. It was certainly done after Lindsey was fired. In many respects, it was done BEFORE Lindsey was fired.

The last gasp they had towards relevance was the BuckVie project. That should have been a FM album and the tour to support it the last goodbye. Money, spite, fear, and agents got in the way of this.
Yep. Firing Lindsey ended any relevance they still had.

BuckVie WAS the last FM project, even if the old goat kept it from being called that. I'm GLAD the project turned out the way it did(although not for their legacy- but for me). Goat free. No drama, just love(you could feel it!). Tickets were affordable. Hell, I was front row, pushing a dozen roses into Christine's toeses. I GOT THE SWAN SONG I WANTED. Did I mention that it was goat and drama free?
Old 09-25-2023, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love it when people think they're going to come here and spank my ass over stating my opinion. Especially when I'm within the rules of the board.

Be careful...I might enjoy it(that can be taken a couple different ways, and it's intentional).
I'm just saying I disagree, I'm not spanking anything, nor ordering anyone to shut up, etc.

The reason why I disagree was within the concerts context. The general masses who doesn't know all the FM history could enjoy the (fake) love gestures and my opinion is because they just don't know.

I could go to a concert of any other band where the members have a long hate story (that I ignore) and if I see them smiling and hugging, I could celebrate, ignoring the actual hipocrisy that is there. My point is that I would be ignorant, not an idiot. That's why I considerer unfair to label common fans idiots. Not all fans are well informed.

Now if there are people at social networks that assure Lindsey and Stevie are still madly in love, of course they are deilusional morons as jmn3 said. But my point was just about the fans at concerts and what they would watch.
Old 09-25-2023, 09:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I think this thread is blurring opinion with predictability. My opinion is the band was getting past their expiration date before Lindsey was fired. I don't want to see any sort of reunion with Stevie and Lindsey. Even if Chris was alive, I am not sure she could still do it. She pretty much lost her ability to play and was struggling vocally. Now that she is gone post Lindsey, its foolish and insane for any sort of reunion. Having said that, my hunch would be there will be some sort of reunion to make peace and pretend while making a bunch of money.
I can separate my opinion from what I think will happen which is the title of this thread. Will a reunion happen? I would hate to see it but I bet it will happen. Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick can still function and perform live.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-25-2023 at 12:19 PM..
Old 09-25-2023, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I think this thread is blurring opinion with predictability.
However, you’re cherry picking their history to get to that conclusion, ignoring things like Lindsey refusing to play the 2013 Oceana dates without John.

Quote:
Stevie, Lindsey, and Mick can still function and perform live.
If they hadn’t fired Lindsey and if John hadn’t made it clear he’s done, then I’d agree a reunion would be possible. But without the McVies, I don’t think any of the others would agree to go back out as Fleetwood Mac.

Even if Stevie and Lindsey have a reconciliation and do a project with Mick, it won’t be as Fleetwood Mac.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-25-2023, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemacd View Post

even if stevie and lindsey have a reconciliation and do a project with mick, it won’t be as fleetwood mac.
period!!!!!
Old 09-25-2023, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
However, you’re cherry picking their history to get to that conclusion, ignoring things like Lindsey refusing to play the 2013 Oceana dates without John.

If they hadn’t fired Lindsey and if John hadn’t made it clear he’s done, then I’d agree a reunion would be possible. But without the McVies, I don’t think any of the others would agree to go back out as Fleetwood Mac.

Even if Stevie and Lindsey have a reconciliation and do a project with Mick, it won’t be as Fleetwood Mac.
Fair enough about John, but I think Mick's comments along the lines of "I think we're done, but you never know with this band" or whatever the wording was, made it clear at least Mick would keep Fleetwood Mac going if he has any say in it.

Mick left the door open, just like he did in 2012 Playboy interview, then Stevie came out on Loose Women talk show and confirmed they would be doing a world tour the following year, in 2013.

Someone said Lindsey refused to tour Oceania dates in 2013 because of John's poor health and not wanting to do the shows without John. I had no idea that was Lindsey's decision, I had tickets to an Australian show of the 2013 tour and was devastated to miss it, thank god they came back -- I didn't think there would be another tour after the 2013 one, at the time. But that's partly because I was 20 years old and really freaking out over nothing, as teenagers and young people do.

But come to think of it. Yeah, if Christine had not returned, I think "2013 Fleetwood Mac Live" tour could well have been their last.
Old 09-25-2023, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie has announced dates today through 2024. I don't see any reunion coming up soon. I also think the songs are getting a bit stale in the arrangements. I just listened to Jewel and Foo Fighters doing Stop draggin my heart around and it was awesome. Jewel can sing those high notes and the music was so driving. The ending was really good too. I'm seeing Stevie Wednesday in Pittsburgh and I dread hearing SDMHA again from her. It's so plodding and has no passion to it at all. Also Rhiannon. Those are the two that of course she has to sing, but they aren't very good live anymore. She really needs to change Rhiannon. " Well, I don't think you do" is so tired. I personally don't want another reunion with Chris gone. It got really ugly with Lindsey's firing. I say put a fork in it. It's done.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 09-25-2023, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

You may not call it Fleetwood Mac just like many of us did not call the 2018 version Fleetwood Mac. I was not cherry picking anything just pointed out some of the history. You pointing out some Lindsey date from 2013 has no relevancy. Let's talk post Lindsey termination. Lindsey said he is game to go back. Mick now says he will welcome Lindsey back (after saying it would never happen).
You realize that is what I said, it would be Mick, Stevie and Lindsey since they are the only ones that can still tour. YOU may not call it Fleetwood Mac but everyone else will. If I recall you took offense to Fakewood Mac. I will remain consistent. It was Fakewood Mac then and would be Fakewood Mac again. Why have you changed your tune?
You have changed but I have remained ageless.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 09-25-2023 at 04:22 PM..