User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and snippet of New Orleans chorus was added (as a dedication?), at the end of which bug flew into Stevie's mouth, which ended up in some funny maneuvering on the stage, if i understood correctly.
So that didn't happen or it happened at a different time?
The full video is on Nickslive.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
thanks for letting me know about the video and yeah i didnt see a bug fly into stevie's mouth either.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
no idea. we need sodascouts, mezzoforte, fierysequences or someone else who was there to let us know what actually happened.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The bug flew into her mouth as they were closing out "Without You" - that new "ah, ah, ah, ah" part. Suddenly Stevie's voice dropped out and it was just Lindsey singing, while she put her hands to her throat. After the song ended, Stevie explained what happened and then went looking for coffee. While she was gone, Lindsey improvised a tune on his guitar and Mick danced a bit jokingly. When it became apparent it would take a few minutes, Mick sat down at the small drum kit and he and Lindsey began a jam session. Not long after, Stevie returned with her coffee. She declared that if the coffee didn't work, Lindsey would have to sing lead on the next song, which was "Gypsy." He looked aghast but she assured him she was confident he could do it. Now that would've been something! lol

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-08-2013 at 12:46 PM..
Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
The bug flew into her mouth as they were closing out "Without You" - that new "ah, ah, ah, ah" part. Suddenly Stevie's voice dropped out and it was just Lindsey singing, while she put her hands to her throat. After the song ended, Stevie explained what happened and then went looking for coffee. While she was gone, Lindsey improvised a tune on his guitar and Mick danced a bit jokingly. When it became apparent it would take a few minutes, Mick sat down at the small drum kit and he and Lindsey began a jam session. Not long after, Stevie returned with her coffee. She declared that if the coffee didn't work, Lindsey would have to sing lead on the next song, which was "Gypsy." He looked aghast but she assured him she was confident he could do it. Now that would've been something! lol
Oh that sounds like a really nice mishap interval to have witnessed.

Michele
Old 05-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Yeah, it was actually pretty cool - a very memorable moment. I doubt anyone filmed it because it was between songs, but perhaps a bootleg will surface.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[How dare more people talk about Maroon Five!]

The State of the Listen Music Blog
http://livemusicblog.com/2013/05/07/...azz-fest-2013/

Summary

The 44th Annual New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival drew sizeable crowds this year, despite the rain that kept less ardent fans away. Featuring music, food, crafts, and culture, Jazz Fest falls on the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May each year.

The following data reflects public social media mentions on New Orleans Jazz Fest from April 5 – May 5, 2013. The information was pulled from Radian6, a social media monitoring and analytics platform.

Analysis

In the last year, Jazz Fest goers have turned to social media in greater numbers than in years past – almost doubling the number of mentions about the music festival over 2012. There were noticeably more attendees on Saturday May 4th, as Fleetwood Mac’s performance attracted some of the largest crowds in Jazz Fest history (attendance numbers have not yet been released). However, the classic rock group missed out on the lion’s share of the buzz with Maroon 5 claiming the top place among social media mentions. And although the crowds gathered for Fleetwood Mac were greater in number, it is likely that the younger crowd present for contemporary pop group Maroon 5 was more tech savvy than their older festing compatriots, which could account for the discrepancy in crowd size and the volume of social media buzz.

For the second year in a row, Crawfish Monica and Crawfish Bread were the food items that most people dished about on social media. Crawfish dishes received more mentions from Jazz Festers than many of the top performers. But receiving more buzz than the top food and many key Jazz Fest acts was the weather. Rain played a starring role in Jazz Fest this year, which was reflected in the social media chatter about the festival. Surprisingly, more people posted about the rain at Jazz Fest than the mud, which stuck around much longer. Due to the inclement weather conditions, galoshes (rain boots and shrimp boots) ruled the fest. Many local stores sold out of the types of footwear needed to traverse the festival grounds by the second Saturday of Jazz Fest. Galoshes proved to be a social media star of the festival, receiving more buzz than the top food attractions and many of the musical acts.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's the bug fiasco

Old 05-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

thanks for the video! ha this was funny i love when stuff like this happens. it makes them seem more human to me but it would have been funnier if we saw the bug fly into stevie's mouth. she has more grace than me i would have been spitting like crazy trying to get it out of there!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Here's the bug fiasco

Sounds like the same song he was jamming on when Christine was looking bored out of her mind in the Tusk doc.

Brad
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey usually says, "Earn while you learn, when this stuff happens."

Michele
Old 05-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Sounds like the same song he was jamming on when Christine was looking bored out of her mind in the Tusk doc.

Brad
i was thinking the same thing lol. when there's nothing better to do he noodles with the same song for the last 40 years?

i was also thinking Lindsey and Mick can easily get a gig jamming on summer terraces at some resort in Mediterranean. or i guess, Mick's rooftop restaurant in Maui.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-08-2013, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Here's the bug fiasco

Oh my gawd.I'm glad that somebody capture this.I hope she spit it out.

I remember this happen at other shows when Stevie had her mouth opened wide.

I love the little improv the guys did.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thanks for finding this, wildhearted!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved watching this! Thank you!

Is it weird that I would have enjoyed any change made to Gypsy? Listening to Lindsey's version would've been very interesting.