User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2019, 09:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default not much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now

these articles based on recent Lindsey tweets keep popping up so i'll put them in a separate thread since they don't really fit into social media thread.

https://bestclassicbands.com/lindsey...awsuit-1-7-19/
Lindsey Buckingham: Mac Split ‘Dishonors’ Band’s Legacy

Fleetwood Mac in 2014, with Lindsey Buckingham at center

Lindsey Buckingham took to Twitter on Jan. 6 to offer new opinions on his 2018 split from Fleetwood Mac. In a reply to a tweet, Buckingham didn’t pull any punches, writing “I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now.” He added that the split “completely dishonors the beautiful… legacy we built together.”

Buckingham’s tweets follow an interview that aired on Dec. 8, in which he revealed that he and Fleetwood Mac have settled the lawsuit that he filed earlier in 2018. The band’s longtime guitarist and songwriter had accused the Mac of breach of fiduciary duty and other charges. Buckingham had been abruptly dismissed from Fleetwood Mac in the spring. The lawsuit came to light in October.

On Jan. 6, the Twitter account @Fryartuck asked the musician: “do you ever actually miss being in Fleetwood Mac?” Buckingham’s full two-part response: “I can’t say that I ‘miss’ being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I’m sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.”

Buckingham told CBS This Morning‘s Anthony Mason, in his first television interview since their split: “We’ve all signed off on something,” indicating that the agreement had been reached a few weeks’ ago. But he points the finger at Stevie Nicks.

Mason asked Buckingham if he was happy with it. “I’m happy enough with it,” was the reply. “I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all. I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.”

When asked if he felt he “had been kicked out of the family,” the musician said: “I do.” In measured words, he added: “I don’t feel that it was something that was my doing. It hurt for a while.”

Buckingham points the finger at Nicks: “It appeared to me that she was looking for something to hang on me in order to instigate some kind of a coup. Either I had to go or she was going to go. None of it makes sense to me.”

He says that Christine McVie, who toured with Buckingham in 2017 as a duo after the pair released a studio album, wrote to him. It said, in part: “I had nothing to do with this. I miss you so much.”

Watch a portion of the CBS This Morning interview that aired on Dec. 8

The complaint filed by the axed musician, who has finished a solo tour and released the three-CD Solo Anthology—The Best Of Lindsey Buckingham, said, “This action is necessary to enforce Buckingham’s right to share in the economic opportunities he is entitled to as a member of the partnership created to operate the business of Fleetwood Mac.” It further stated, “By excluding Buckingham from participating in the 2018-2019 Fleetwood Mac tour in breach of their fiduciary duties of loyalty and good faith and fair dealing, the Defendants intentionally acted to interfere with Buckingham’s relationship with Live Nation and the prospective economic benefit he was to receive as a result of his participation in the tour.”

Related: Our Oct. 13 concert review of Buckingham

Buckingham’s Jan. 7 tweets about the split

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
I can’t say that I “miss” being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss...

Lord Jack Pryar
@Fryartuck
@LBuckingham do you ever actually miss being in Fleetwood Mac?

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
· Jan 6, 2019
I can’t say that I “miss” being in Fleetwood Mac, as I’ve been concentrating on fulfilling my own plans that were already in the works before the split happened. So, in a sense, the situation is still too new to miss...

Lindsey Buckingham

@LBuckingham
especially since I don’t have much regard for the way the band is presenting itself now. What I'm sad about is the split completely dishonors the beautiful 43 year legacy we built together, one that was always about rising above our difficulties in order to pursue a higher truth.

6:27 PM - Jan 6, 2019

At the same time Buckingham was dismissed from the band—which he joined in 1975, along with Stevie Nicks—the remaining members (Nicks, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christine McVie) announced that they would tour with former Heartbreaker Mike Campbell and Crowded House leader Neil Finn replacing Buckingham. That tour is now underway.

Related: Our recap of opening night of the Mac tour

Said Fleetwood at the time, “Fleetwood Mac has always been about an amazing collection of songs that are performed with a unique blend of talents. We jammed with Mike and Neil and the chemistry really worked and let the band realize that this is the right combination to go forward with in Fleetwood Mac style. We know we have something new, yet it’s got the unmistakable Mac sound.”

Buckingham’s lawsuit alleged, “There has never been a written agreement among Christine McVie, John McVie, Buckingham, Fleetwood and Nicks,” and, “Absent a written partnership agreement, no partner in Fleetwood Mac may be terminated from the Partnership without cause.” Buckingham claimed that the decision to oust him was made as early as January of this year.

Related: Our recap of opening night of Buckingham’s tour

A spokesman for Fleetwood Mac responded to the lawsuit by stating, “It’s impossible for the band to offer comment on a legal complaint they have not seen. It’s fairly standard legal procedure to service the complaint to the parties involved, something that neither Mr. Buckingham nor his legal counsel have done. Which makes one wonder what the true motivations are when servicing press first with a legal complaint before the parties in dispute.”

Watch Fleetwood Mac, with Buckingham, in better times

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"