User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from an article on magicians:

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/c...magic-happens/

And [Jerome] Ennis practically glows when he tells the story of the night he performed for his musical Jerome performs a card trick that impressed a bar patron so much, the guy slipped him a 20 when it was over. Tammy McKinley/cat5
idol Stevie Nicks, who called him days later to say how much she loved the show.

But magic isn’t all Stevie Nicks and confetti showers.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Have you guys heard this super-weird but hypnotizing version of Gypsy?
http://righthearmedia.com/2010/11/12...tning-strikes/
Old 09-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 09-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham Nicks LP sighting!

I was browsing through a few blogs today and was happily surprised to see a photograph with the BN album! From this website: http://spellsjewellery.blogspot.com/....html#comments

So great..and it's always refreshing to see current followers of BN and the Mac.

Made me smile this morning
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (30.0 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default barbecue at Stevie's?

In the first episode of "Up All Night," which premiered Wednesday, Christina Applegate's character, Reagan -- a talk show producer and first-time mom -- must choose between a barbecue at rock royalty Stevie Nicks' home or quality time with her hubby and baby. And the outcome was a no-brainer: Stevie Nicks 0, Baby 1.

It's a decision Applegate is all too familiar with in her own life, a first-time mom herself to a 6-month-old daughter. And maybe Stevie Nicks is not in the equation, but the tug-of-war aspect of juggling parenthood with work definitely is, she said.

"It takes every ounce not to completely turn into mush when I leave each morning for work," the 39-year-old actress said. It helps that her daughter visits her on set every day.

Perhaps there will be a little more spring in her step now. With the finale of "America's Got Talent" serving as a lead-in, the premiere episode of "Up All Night," which aired Wednesday, drew strong numbers with just under 11 million viewers in the 10 p.m. slot and averaged an impressive 3.7 rating with adults under 50, according to Nielsen.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/show...ith-child.html

Despite the parallels in "Up All Night" to Applegate's real life, the comedy is actually a semi-autobiographical take on creator Emily Spivey's experience as a later-in-life mom working "rock 'n' roll hours" as a writer for "Saturday Night Live." It translates into scenes like the one in which Reagan turns down the opportunity to attend a picnic at Stevie Nicks' Santa Barbara home in favor of spending time with her tiny tot. In another, she longs to put on her "slutty outfit" like in the "old days," when she might have been found dancing on pool tables and doing shots.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep...egate-20110918

Last edited by vivfox; 09-26-2011 at 02:13 AM..
Old 09-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertai...d-more/9234983

Dead Sara Talk Debut Album, Touring with Bush, and More

The Los Angeles quartet marries a guttural guitar groove to hypnotic vocal hooks. Songs like their first single "Weathermen" wield a raw vibrancy characteristic of classic L.A. bands with a newfound passion emanating from singer Emily Armstrong's impressive range. Dead Sara sound like Nirvana fronted by Stevie Nicks, and they're about to rip through rock 'n' roll….

In this exclusive interview with ARTISTdirect.com editor and Dolor author Rick Florino, Dead Sara singer Emily Armstrong discusses the album, songwriting, hitting the road with Bush, and more.

Was it important for the album to have a live feel?

We wanted the album to be as raw as possible and capture a live sound. We wanted it to be primarily a rock record. Those were the two things that we envisioned as a whole. It did come together track by track as well. We try to keep it minimal so you can hear everything in its own element instead of organizing tracks layer by layer where things can easily get hidden. By keeping it minimal, it gives the music that space.

What's the story behind "Sorry for it All"?

That's an old one. It's something Siouxsie [Medley, guitar] and I probably wrote in 2007. It was on our EP, and then we did it as a band. Lyrically, it was what I was going through at the time. It was a bit of a hard time and I had to forgive, forget, and move on. I didn't know if I wanted it on the record. It's a song that means a lot to me, and it was already on the EP. We had to redefine the song almost. As time went by and we were finishing up the record, I thought it would be a great closing track. The producer actually had a lot to do with the tracklist. He walked us through it. It was a collaborative thing.

Can you delve into "Lemon Scent"?

We actually finished that song in the studio. It wasn't fully written before heading out to Sonic Ranch in Texas. It came together very well, but it was difficult at the same time because we hadn't rehearsed it. It has ups and downs more than any other track on the record. It's about L.A. and the stereotypical people. There's this idea that you're "lesser" if you don't have certain things, which is totally wrong. It's just a façade, and I was pissed off about that.

Is there anything else that fosters your lyrical storytelling?

Talking to other people makes you think in ways you otherwise may not have. I like hearing their experiences. I also enjoy watching biographies.

What sparks your writing process?

I constantly have lyrics in the back of my mind. Every day, I'm thinking of words. When we go into rehearsal, there's usually a riff from one of the band members. When someone else feels it, I'll start going and spitting out lyrics and melodies free-form.

Were you a Bush fan growing up? How cool is it to hit the road with them?

I was a teen when they first came out. I had posters and I bought the original cassette [Laughs]. I was a huge fan! It hasn't really hit me fully yet. I think it will mid-tour.

If your album were a movie, what would you compare it to?

I can give you genres! A little bit of biopic, action, and psychedelia, maybe a little bit of a love story in there as well.

Which artists shaped you?

As a teenager, I was all over the place trying to figure it out. There was of course Bush, Nirvana, and Third Eye Blind. I was listening to Led Zeppelin and getting into folk as well. I go back to a lot of the '60s and '70s stuff because it never gets old.

—Rick Florino
Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Excerpt from review of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals
http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertai...tory?track=rss
By Erik Maza

The Baltimore Sun

6:51 p.m. EDT, September 10, 2011
I went to see Stevie Nicks the other week, and she was predictably great, enveloping the audience in her magic, as usual, if without the agitated brio of her heyday.

I was thinking of Stevie as I watched Grace Potter and the Nocturnals perform on the pavilion stage Saturday. They're both brassy blondes with a penchant for soulful turns of phrases and old-fashioned rock, in particular the music of the early 70s.

Only, if Stevie's favorite on-stage move is to play with her shawl, Potter's is to play with her hair. She throws it around like she wants to get rid of it, like it's in the middle of a wind tunnel.

The hair-tossing is one of several rock affectations Potter tries on during her live-shows. She's also a manic guitarist, especially on songs that play direct homage to classic rock 'n' roll ("Stop the Bus") and a furious, head-banging player of her Hammond organ (see "Only Love.")
Old 09-30-2011, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default September 29, 2011 6:22PM

Martin Sheen and his son Emilio Estevez walk into a Cracker Barrel off of I-94 in Madison, Wis. They are on the road in a tripped-out 2011 tour bus previously used by rockers U2 and Stevie Nicks. They are promoting a movie about opening your heart in a quest for answers.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainmen...-the-road.html

Click on link to see the super sized bus.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Virtual Globetrotting

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/...-house-former/

This is where the famous Pink Palace once stood. The house was originally built for singer and actor Rudy Vallee. Jayne and her then husband Mickey Hargitay bought it had it painted pink, because Jayne was obsessed with pink. It had a heart shaped swimming pool, which used to have "I love you Jaynie" in mosaic on the floor of it. The old front gates also boasted her initials. Jayne Mansfield died in 1967 in an automobile accident aged just 34. Engelbert Humperdinck bought the property in 1976 and claimed to have seen the ghost of Jayne Mansfield. The house was finally demolished in November 2002. Stevie Nicks is also believed to have lived there for a short time in the 1990s. The house directly behind belonged to Sonny and Cher.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A world traveller mentions Stevie
http://www.iol.co.za/travel/travel-n...oost-1.1152022

On another journey, he was flying from Perth to Adelaide in Australia, and was seated next to members of the rock band Fleetwood Mac. A keen fan, Rawbone-Viljoen chatted away to the band members. Later, he waited for his bag on the carousal. “I waited and waited. Eventually, I was the last man standing and out of the corner of my eye I noticed my bag being loaded aboard the Fleetwood Mac tour bus. Stevie Nicks almost stole my underwear. What an honour.”
Old 10-07-2011, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From review of book by chef Andrew Blake:

http://www.asiasentinel.com/index.ph...833&Itemid=604

Blake has been at the forefront of every phase of evolution in Australian culinary landscape, and still is, deserving a lot more credit for his contributions to the dining scene. Even though he does not own a restaurant these days, he’s at the helm of Melbourne’s most dynamic boutique caterer, Blake’s Feast, bringing his cutting edge, restaurant quality cuisine to your venue – ‘weddings, parties, anything’ - including feeding the likes of Bono, Christy Thurlington, Stevie Nicks, Elton John, Joan Collins and Kerry Packer, among others.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From an interview with photographer Ross Halfin:

Who would he say was the strangest subject he has ever photographed?
‘I once shot Stevie Nicks in her house. She made me stand on a seven foot ladder because she was convinced that it would make her look younger and thinner,’ Halfin chuckles. ‘Between every roll of film she would get her assistants to hold her hand and on one of the walls in her house there was a twenty foot tall print of her in her ballerina outfit from the cover of Rumours. She was alright in the end, ‘cos I sort of convinced her that what I was doing was good, but the whole thing was a pretty weird experience.

http://www.timeandleisure.co.uk/arti...my-camera.html

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
From an interview with photographer Ross Halfin:

Who would he say was the strangest subject he has ever photographed?
‘I once shot Stevie Nicks in her house. She made me stand on a seven foot ladder because she was convinced that it would make her look younger and thinner,’ Halfin chuckles. ‘Between every roll of film she would get her assistants to hold her hand and on one of the walls in her house there was a twenty foot tall print of her in her ballerina outfit from the cover of Rumours. She was alright in the end, ‘cos I sort of convinced her that what I was doing was good, but the whole thing was a pretty weird experience.

http://www.timeandleisure.co.uk/arti...my-camera.html
Wow. Please tell me this was the early '90s and not too recently. Lol.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post
Yes, he photographed her in '93 or '94.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 10-25-2011, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyRose View Post
Bless her heart, that was such a painful time for her. I am so proud of her for coming through all of that and becoming the strong, confident legend she is now...