User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
You must have been sitting right in front of me... I didn't make it to the stage though!

Lindsey is looking really good. Sounded amazing too, obviously.
Sorry I missed you girlie!! Glad you had a great time!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
^^cool colorful pic, Dee.
Thanks!

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-29-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
LOVE the photo, CAD. The colors are perfect
Old 07-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Seeds We Sow

Old 07-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
@itsaManns_World
Just sort of met Lindsey Buckingham, I say sort of because @bitethebeat begged for this picture. #lindseybuc http://instagr.am/p/NphEA6FY3O/

@schweinhundert
Just saw Ted Nugent sit down near me. Presumably here to see a man 10x the musician he is.

@schweinhundert
Interestingly, Go Insane is played 1 1/2 steps below the original recording. Big Love, however, is in the original key.

@schweinhundert
It was just Lindsey Buckingham, no backing band. 2 songs were played to a backing track, but otherwise just a solo guitar.

@DanielleBoise
#LindseyBuckingham performing at #CenterStage in #Atlanta http://instagr.am/p/NpdnLESfDe/

‏@DanielleBoise
It's so surreal watching #LindseyBuckingham perform. He's stunning.

@DanielleBoise
http://yfrog.com/h65gaorj #LindseyBuckingham in #Atlanta #CenterStage

‏@jenxhawkins
I'm So Afraid http://instagr.am/p/Npb5ycxIPw/

@jenxhawkins
So I lied... Shut Us Down http://instagr.am/p/NpaqbExIOs/
A few more from the Atlanta show...

13h Morgan Bishopp ‏@MorganBishopp
Lindsey Buckingham is a guitar God! He was so, so good! Geez! Most underrated guitarist. #goyourownway #bigl http://instagr.am/p/NpoXIkv1MG/

Mick Bailey ‏@MickBailey
Randomly at a Lindsey Buckingham show; the dude is straight taking me to church.

Johnnie Sanchez ‏@EvilsEverywhere
#LindseyBuckingham had NO vinyl. What a cryin shame. He's still feelin it though. What a straight up crazy solid player. Made me cry twice.

---------------------------
Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but since I was going into it with a bit of skepticism, take it for what it's worth.
So, you still like him?

Thank you for the review. Oh, I bet he didn't mind your saying "BN" like that. It's not the same as those people who yell, "Where's Stevie" at all and a little BN momentum may be welcome to him just about now.

Listening to the acoustic songs that play before the shows sometimes, I would imagine that Lindsey has often considered translating some of his older stuff. He must experiment with doing that. I hope if he goes out alone again that he does just that.

Michele
Old 07-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
So, you still like him?
Yeah...

Quote:
Thank you for the review. Oh, I bet he didn't mind your saying "BN" like that. It's not the same as those people who yell, "Where's Stevie" at all and a little BN momentum may be welcome to him just about now.
True, and I hope so! I'm all about pushing that product for them.

Quote:
Listening to the acoustic songs that play before the shows sometimes, I would imagine that Lindsey has often considered translating some of his older stuff. He must experiment with doing that. I hope if he goes out alone again that he does just that.

Michele
That would be awesome. I just wonder how ISA or GYOW would sound stripped down. Shades of the GDW demo? I just love that. Speaking of the pre-show music, I noticed an acoustic Peacekeeper that was nice. There was also a song that had lyrics about someone dying. It was played right before he came out, I didn't recognize it though.

Oh, and sorry to all the RAB fans. We did yell for it, but too late. It was then he started complaining about his blisters. He said he took "too much time off". He looked at his fingertips and commented in a thinking out loud way that it could be a problem and he didn't know what would happen.

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-29-2012 at 02:54 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it finally happened for me...I got to meet Lindsey after the show and he signed my Law & Order album! Oh and I got a nice hug he was very nice to everyone that was down there even though he was rushed. The show was great, as always. I have some great pics and videos but I'll post them tomorrow. We didn't get home till after midnight cause the interstate we were on had all lanes blocked and had to go around our ass to get out elbow. So I had 4 hours of sleep and worked 9 hours today. But it was all worth it!

"I always return here..."
Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of the pre-show music, I noticed an acoustic Peacekeeper that was nice. There was also a song that had lyrics about someone dying. It was played right before he came out, I didn't recognize it though.
Very interesting. So, it was his voice singing the lyrics?

Michele
Old 07-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It was then he started complaining about his blisters. He said he took "too much time off". He looked at his fingertips and commented in a thinking out loud way that it could be a problem and he didn't know what would happen.
i was always wondering whether people like him just have a permanent hard skin on their fingertips or what... i guess maybe not that permanent if they do end up taking a break? i guess guitarists here would know?

i really hope this doesn't become a huge problem and that he gets better fast.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
he didn't play it because he said his hands were hurting him.
Don't make me worry. Hopefully he
isn't suffering from arthritis. Now we're
going to need close-up photos of his
hands.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It is pretty scary to think of Lindsey getting to a point where he is unable to play. However, judging from how he was tearing into each song the past few nights, I don't think he's too debilitated!

On the other hand, I did notice how grueling his schedule is for this leg. He barely has any days off until mid-September. I hope he's not overdoing it.

And Brit... way to go on getting that album signed! Persistence pays!

Last edited by sodascouts; 07-29-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Very interesting. So, it was his voice singing the lyrics?

Michele
You know, at one point I honestly did think it was him and I gasped internally thinking could it be one of those new songs we've been hearing about. I even tried to make a mental note of the lyrics and was going to type a line or two in my phone to Google later, but it was right before he came out and I didn't get a chance. I wish I could have heard it more clearly, but it was sort of noisy with chatter too.

Maybe Elle can rally the troops and get someone to listen for it at one of the up coming shows and find out if it's Lindsey or a song by another artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Don't make me worry. Hopefully he
isn't suffering from arthritis. Now we're
going to need close-up photos of his
hands.
Not trying to dispute Nancy's recollection, but I heard him specifically say it was blisters on his fingers bothering him. Maybe he said both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
LOVE the photo, CAD. The colors are perfect
Thanks!!! The one picture that turned out decent. But, I got my "Stephanie" video and that's what mattered most!

Last edited by CADreaming; 07-29-2012 at 10:12 PM..
Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have to say, seeing this show live totally alleviated any doubts I had about how it would come across with the backing tracks and the one-man electric guitar selections. Of course, being on the front row may have helped to change my mind, but since I was going into it with a bit of skepticism, take it for what it's worth. I was not bothered at all by the background tracks, they were not distracting at all and I didn't even think they were that obvious. On the electric versions, it did briefly cross my mind he was up there rocking by himself with no other members and it looked sort of odd, but then again he owns the stage on his solos anyway... I managed to come up with a question for him regarding those songs though if our paths ever cross again - I wonder if he believes those songs wouldn't translate well into acoustic versions?

Anyway, I had a blast at the show and was so thrilled when he gave a little speech about the South and that this area is so special because he and Stevie were not sure about joining Fleetwood Mac since what they were doing had been so well-received here. I shouted "Buckingham Nicks!" at the end of "Stephanie" and I'm not sure he liked that - ha! But, I was just supporting his thoughts in that direction.

#BuckinghamNicks2013

Oh, and at least from my vantage point, Lindsey received a standing ovation after EVERY song!!!

thanks for the review - and GREAT pic!!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

CADreaming is absolutely right. He spoke of blisters hurting him. I'm sorry if I confused folks with my vague wording... blame it on my vague memory!