Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
I think I love you. That was so nice.
You just made my weekend.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Luckily it's been quite the opposite - people are always saying, "oh you're so lucky that you're not married and have no kids to hold you down" etc.

My family apparently sees my life as exciting - being that I picked up and moved across the country knowing no one - and I am doing well

My mom is always saying, "When I was your age I was married and had a 5 year old - you're so lucky you don't have that..." So at least I feel supported in my single-dom.

A good friend of mine from high school is married with a kid - and is expecting another and she's always saying things like, "You're doing what I wanted to do..." "everyone's life is exciting but mine" etc....

I guess the grass really is greener on the other side.

That said I'm back to being content and happy this morning - I think I just needed a good night's sleep.
You are very lucky and have a great family and cool friends.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshWitchPMD
Sue, if you liked going to the meetings you should still go. Even if you don't meet anyone your age it might still be fun to meet new people. They might have a relative that you could meet or something. Anyway, if you enjoy a hobby you should still go and do it regardless of the people.
That is how it is here in RI, however. There are either older people or college kids. I might join the Photography Society of RI in the fall. Lots of older people there but I enjoy the hobby.

Boston is such a great city and it sounds like you live in a great area. There must be a lot to do there. Not too much to do in this dump of a city. This time of year everyone and their brother is down in Newport. It is a lovely place but too many young kids hang out there now. I feel so old.
To get a hotel there is $$$$, too. I know that it is not far to drive but staying there is so much fun.

I am going to NYC next weekend so that is something to look forward to anyway. Sometimes I think that all the really cool people are just at home going "where do I go to meet someone nice?" Of course they can't find anyplace so they just stay home.
You're right. I think next time I will pick a different group though. That was my second choice because my first filled up so quickly! I like what you said about the nice people being home thinking what you're thinking and I'm sure it's true. The nice guys certainly are not at the clubs. So I am trying to get involved with my community to get connected.

I haven't been down to Newport since I was a kid. I have also heard it is very pricey. I may be going in on a house down there with some of my roommate's friends, not sure. I have to get down there though because it does sound like alot of fun.

I would also like to get into a photography class or group. The last class I tried to take was canceled but I will try another. There are also a bunch of social groups here and I have been going to some of their events. My most important New Years resolution was to meet people. I'm sort of naturally shy and inclined to stay home but I'll definitely wind up being "The Cat Lady" if I don't push myself a bit.

Have a wonderful time in NYC next week, that'll be great.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
You just made my weekend.
Aww, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Ugh, I really need to do this.

First of all, I am really sorry that everyone seems to have problems. Does anyone really have what they want in life? Doesn't seem so. I know this sounds horrible, but it's a tad comforting...

I am 27 and not married. I do feel pressure. My boss yesterday told me he sees me getting married and having kids. This is one of the reasons he gave me for not stepping down from my positon as manager back to assistant manager. He doesn't listen. He just says sacrifice NOW so at 45 I have alot more. What if I don't make it to 45 and I have sacrificed alot already. No holidays, no sleep, no life, no weekends, I mean really, what more? I lost 24, 25, 26...and now 27 will be a distant memory soon and how many more years are to be swept away for a stupid job?

Like Curtis, I have a crush too and I also feel 10. This guy though has told me to my face " he isn't sexually attracted to me"...and yet, I still kind throw myself on him. It's like a part of me won't believe him. I never threw myself at guys that didn't want me, not since high school, and now I am doing it again. I work with him and maybe I do it to keep work interesting, since I hate my job otherwise.

My best friend...God. We have been best friends for 8 years and spent most of it fighting, alot. People have accused us of being lesbians and lovers and so on. No one understands two girls who hang out so much and fight so much and so on. I don't either. I have tried to break away, because it such a dependant friendship. Now she has gotten back to all her old friends, who do not like me, and they all have little 9-5 jobs and make alot of money and they can go out every night and take weekend trips ( I cannot) and now I am feeling jealous, because I feel totally friendless now. My other friends...I have just lost touch because of my schedule and she was the only one who really stuck around and now I forced her away from me and now she is and I just feel like...weird.

When does life start? I am 27 and I am still waiting for it. I can't believe I am living what is my life! It seems like such a waste. I am incredibly unhappy, in debt, overweight, and I keep saying it will get better but I keep thinking one day I'll wake up rich, thin and in love.

Life doesn't work that way, does it?

And my little problems don't compare to the real **** going on in the world. People dying, starving, getting beaten by their parents or spouces, not havin g a place to live...horrible things. I have to tell myself I am lucky for what I have and my problems are just because Im too chicken **** to change anything...
Aw, I'm late but I really wanted to say something about this. I can understand and relate to that feeling like, "When does my life actually take off???" but the fact is that both of us are so young. Yes, you're older than me but you're still so young. I know it's hard for you to believe, and I think that's because society has us thinking that life is supposed to take off at 18 when that isn't always the case. In fact, I think usually it isn't the case at all. So my point is that you have a long life ahead of you and there's plenty of time for much, much more to happen for you. And by the way, I've seen at least one pic of you on here and I do not think you looked remotely overweight. You are a really good-looking woman. (It's kind of a requirement for membership to the Ledge to be good-looking, anyway ). You're not alone in your frustration and I can't blame you for feeling that way, but I really hope you feel better.
Old 07-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Ahh, but I'm sure that is what I want. I feel I have to heal who I am from the inside before I could be with anyone. I kind of messed myself up the past year and I need to clear out big time.

No rush for kids or marriage, trust me. I don't even want a relationship. I guess, I just kind of want a guy to think I'm cute...LOL!
I totally know where you're coming from there - I know there are things I need to work on for myself that if left unresolved - I would be a wreck in a relationship.

And as Hillary said, from the pictures you've posted you're so cute!! Guys aren't that bright sometimes - and judging by the few I was hanging out with today - they're also complete chicken **** and afraid to let any girl know how they fell

I also like Pattie's theory that all the cool people don't know where to go so they stay home

Well chin up, Janet - WE love you
Old 07-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I hope your hair doesn't fall out before your 18. I guess wearing a different wig everyday would be kick ass, though.
Dude, it's been broken off MANY times. When I had it bleached out like Debbie Harry, it was ALL broken off. It sucked. It's just now starting to look decent again, 6 months later. I was afraid to sleep on it, it was so dry. -_-
Old 07-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You're right. I think next time I will pick a different group though. That was my second choice because my first filled up so quickly! I like what you said about the nice people being home thinking what you're thinking and I'm sure it's true. The nice guys certainly are not at the clubs. So I am trying to get involved with my community to get connected.

Have a wonderful time in NYC next week, that'll be great.
Yeah, the nice people most likely are not going to be at a club. Getting involved with the community sounds like a great idea.

Thanks!
I just went an bought a $29.99 one time use Video camcorder at CVS! I am going to bring it to NYC with me next weekend. My friend had one last weekend and it was so much fun. It only records 20 minutes but it was still a long time. You bring it back to CVS and they put it all on a DVD for $12.99.
It is a fun toy and I love fun toys!
Old 07-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Random Thoughts: Well, Las Vegas is under heightened alert. Today Police squad cars were placed every block or so on the strip, and many more on the freeways. I lost my TV remote, it is here someplce, and yes still single at 40. Doing Laundry and looking at Ebay crap.

That's about it.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm sort of naturally shy and inclined to stay home but I'll definitely wind up being "The Cat Lady" if I don't push myself a bit.

Another "Cat Lady"! Keep it under five and you're OK... any more than that and I think you're moving into "Cat Lady" territory.

I've been staying home a lot lately... I've been a virtual hermit for the last few months. I'm not sure what is causing it but I hope I snap out of it soon. That's cool that you went to a Moveon.org meeting... I need to do that. I also need to take a guitar class at the college here.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is going to be a very pathetic little rant, so you've been warned

For quite a while now, I've had a crush on this one guy who goes to my school, he's older, very hot, smart, and egotistical, which most people see as a major downside, but I find it sexy. Well I spent most of my time throwing myself at him, it's almost embarassing the lengths I went to, and the only response I ever got out of him was that he "thinks I'm going to break his heart if he goes out with me, because my friends have done this to some of his friends, and he doesn't even know if he wants a gf at all" Now, I'm sorry, but wtf? After the lenghts I went to getting his attention, I expected him to at least give me a shot, but whatever, I accepted what he said and moved on. Well last night, I found out that he's been chasing this girl, and I don't want to sound shallow or mean or anything, but she isn't very cute and she isn't very nice. The whole thing is just making me feel really bad about myself...I know it's pathetic, but it's true. I wouldn't care so much if he was chasing some drop dead gorgeous girl that I could never compete with, or some hilarious chick that is great to be around, but the fact that its neither of those is really bothering me. I know this whole thing sounds really shallow
You're so like me
Old 07-09-2005, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow
This is going to be a very pathetic little rant, so you've been warned

For quite a while now, I've had a crush on this one guy who goes to my school, he's older, very hot, smart, and egotistical, which most people see as a major downside, but I find it sexy. Well I spent most of my time throwing myself at him, it's almost embarassing the lengths I went to, and the only response I ever got out of him was that he "thinks I'm going to break his heart if he goes out with me, because my friends have done this to some of his friends, and he doesn't even know if he wants a gf at all" Now, I'm sorry, but wtf? After the lenghts I went to getting his attention, I expected him to at least give me a shot, but whatever, I accepted what he said and moved on. Well last night, I found out that he's been chasing this girl, and I don't want to sound shallow or mean or anything, but she isn't very cute and she isn't very nice. The whole thing is just making me feel really bad about myself...I know it's pathetic, but it's true. I wouldn't care so much if he was chasing some drop dead gorgeous girl that I could never compete with, or some hilarious chick that is great to be around, but the fact that its neither of those is really bothering me. I know this whole thing sounds really shallow

He lost out. Things happen for a reason. (I know, I hate that saying also)
If he is egotistical as you say, why bother? Looks like you dodged a bullet by missing this one. jmo.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
He lost out. Things happen for a reason. (I know, I hate that saying also)
If he is egotistical as you say, why bother? Looks like you dodged a bullet by missing this one. jmo.
You're probably right, I think part of it is just that it seems like all my friends are pairing up, and I'm the last one left single. So now that this guy's "I don't want a gf" argument is apprantely complete bull ****, I'm just really bummed out *damn, i have been listening to 2 many stevie interviews if i'm saying bummed out*
You're so like me
Old 07-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow
You're probably right, I think part of it is just that it seems like all my friends are pairing up, and I'm the last one left single. So now that this guy's "I don't want a gf" argument is apprantely complete bull ****, I'm just really bummed out *damn, i have been listening to 2 many stevie interviews if i'm saying bummed out*

First off - nothing wrong with starting to sound like Stevie

Second - I totally agree with Seeker - it's that guy's loss And even though is SUCK to see someone you're crushing on chasing someone else - it's probably better in the long run - now you're free to meet someone who doesn't suck
Old 07-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Deanna, you and seeker are both completely right
You're so like me