Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default The man who says he's JFK's son

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

The man at the centre of a John F. Kennedy mystery is revealing new details, including his name and his birthday – an astonishing date should he indeed be related to the Kennedy clan.

Jack Worthington also agreed to allow The Globe and Mail to take his photograph, but only after his name was revealed by a Vancouver publication. He had been speaking with The Globe over the past few days on condition of anonymity.

The British Columbia man is asking the Kennedys to provide a DNA sample so tests can be run to determine whether there is a match with the 35th president of the United States.

President Kennedy was assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963 – Mr. Worthington's second birthday. He presented a U.S. passport, Canadian visitor's visa and driver's licence indicating his date of birth.

If he is JFK's son, he would have been conceived in the early days of the presidency, about a month after Mr. Kennedy wowed the world with the words, “ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.”

No proof of any connection to the late president has been obtained.

Last week, the New York Post reported that Vanity Fair magazine has been working on a story about a possible biological son of JFK living in Vancouver. The report said the man's mother was from Texas, and had been introduced to Mr. Kennedy by his vice-president, Lyndon Johnson.

Vanity Fair has been working on the story for about 18 months, according to the Post, but was holding off on publishing it after contacting Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy, JFK's brother. The report indicated that Vanity Fair would print the story once proof could be found through measures such as DNA testing.

Caroline Kennedy, the one surviving child of JFK and his wife, Jacqueline, was born in 1957. John F. Kennedy Junior was born on Nov. 25, 1960, about a year before Mr. Worthington. Patrick, who died when he was two days old, was born in August, 1963. John F. Kennedy Junior was killed in a plane crash, along with his wife, Carolyn Bessette, on July 16, 1999.

JFK is reported to have been promiscuous. His conquests are said to have included Marilyn Monroe and Judith Campbell Exner, who claimed to have aborted his child.

In a statement that Mr. Worthington read to The Globe during a meeting late Tuesday, he says: “Part of [Vanity Fair's] research focuses on my mother's paternal family and their history as lifelong political allies of [Lyndon Johnson] in South Texas. That research is related to the rise of LBJ and fall of JFK, which is an extraordinarily sensitive topic to Americans, so caution and analytical rigour are extremely important.”

There is intense interest in the tale. The Globe took calls from many media outlets on Monday, when details of the first interview with “Jack” were printed, including ABC, CBS and People magazine.

As for why he is coming forward, Mr. Worthington stated: “It's simply a profound duty I feel to do the right thing. Many Americans won't agree and will want to sweep the dirt under the rug. Unfortunately for them ... I'm constitutionally incapable of it. I'm a born whistle-blower.” Mr. Worthington moved to B.C. about six months ago. His wife is Canadian and he indicated that his in-laws are nearby. He says he works in business, but would not elaborate.

When asked how he expects his life will change now that his identity has been revealed, he responded: “Please, as little as possible. I really enjoy my life. I'm really enjoying my life as it is here in B.C.”
Old 02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home

The man at the centre of a John F. Kennedy mystery is revealing new details, including his name and his birthday – an astonishing date should he indeed be related to the Kennedy clan.

Jack Worthington also agreed to allow The Globe and Mail to take his photograph, but only after his name was revealed by a Vancouver publication. He had been speaking with The Globe over the past few days on condition of anonymity.

The British Columbia man is asking the Kennedys to provide a DNA sample so tests can be run to determine whether there is a match with the 35th president of the United States.

President Kennedy was assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963 – Mr. Worthington's second birthday. He presented a U.S. passport, Canadian visitor's visa and driver's licence indicating his date of birth.

If he is JFK's son, he would have been conceived in the early days of the presidency, about a month after Mr. Kennedy wowed the world with the words, “ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.”

No proof of any connection to the late president has been obtained.

Last week, the New York Post reported that Vanity Fair magazine has been working on a story about a possible biological son of JFK living in Vancouver. The report said the man's mother was from Texas, and had been introduced to Mr. Kennedy by his vice-president, Lyndon Johnson.

Vanity Fair has been working on the story for about 18 months, according to the Post, but was holding off on publishing it after contacting Massachusetts Senator Ted Kennedy, JFK's brother. The report indicated that Vanity Fair would print the story once proof could be found through measures such as DNA testing.

Caroline Kennedy, the one surviving child of JFK and his wife, Jacqueline, was born in 1957. John F. Kennedy Junior was born on Nov. 25, 1960, about a year before Mr. Worthington. Patrick, who died when he was two days old, was born in August, 1963. John F. Kennedy Junior was killed in a plane crash, along with his wife, Carolyn Bessette, on July 16, 1999.

JFK is reported to have been promiscuous. His conquests are said to have included Marilyn Monroe and Judith Campbell Exner, who claimed to have aborted his child.

In a statement that Mr. Worthington read to The Globe during a meeting late Tuesday, he says: “Part of [Vanity Fair's] research focuses on my mother's paternal family and their history as lifelong political allies of [Lyndon Johnson] in South Texas. That research is related to the rise of LBJ and fall of JFK, which is an extraordinarily sensitive topic to Americans, so caution and analytical rigour are extremely important.”

There is intense interest in the tale. The Globe took calls from many media outlets on Monday, when details of the first interview with “Jack” were printed, including ABC, CBS and People magazine.

As for why he is coming forward, Mr. Worthington stated: “It's simply a profound duty I feel to do the right thing. Many Americans won't agree and will want to sweep the dirt under the rug. Unfortunately for them ... I'm constitutionally incapable of it. I'm a born whistle-blower.” Mr. Worthington moved to B.C. about six months ago. His wife is Canadian and he indicated that his in-laws are nearby. He says he works in business, but would not elaborate.

When asked how he expects his life will change now that his identity has been revealed, he responded: “Please, as little as possible. I really enjoy my life. I'm really enjoying my life as it is here in B.C.”
If he enjoys his life as it is now, why go public with it? It's asking for a media circus!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kennedys have a distinct look, imo, and he does resemble them...from the crappy pic attached to the article; but like Maria said, why go public?
Old 02-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1998 View Post
If he enjoys his life as it is now, why go public with it? It's asking for a media circus!
That was my question as well.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
Kennedys have a distinct look, imo, and he does resemble them...from the crappy pic attached to the article; but like Maria said, why go public?
I gotta go with Jaz and Maria.. plus, this guy really does resemble the Kennedy's.. BIG TIME! But why the heck go public? I think I would have definitely kept that one quiet.. LOL

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He went public for money - anyone who thinks otherwise is misguided IMO.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He kinda looks like JFK through the eyes...

Did you ever see LBJ's son? He appeared on Phil Donahue back in the 1980's ... it was hillarious!

The guy looked like LBJ, talked like LBJ and even had his mannerisms. I will have to see if I can find his photo.

I suppose for the sake of genetic research....maybe coming forward like this helps...

The cynic in me, thinks there's some sort of "genetic lottery" he's trying to win...
Old 02-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
He kinda looks like JFK through the eyes...

Did you ever see LBJ's son? He appeared on Phil Donahue back in the 1980's ... it was hillarious!

The guy looked like LBJ, talked like LBJ and even had his mannerisms. I will have to see if I can find his photo.

I suppose for the sake of genetic research....maybe coming forward like this helps...

The cynic in me, thinks there's some sort of "genetic lottery" he's trying to win...
Hey Betsy..

I hear you on that last one! That's hilarious about LBJ's son, as this is the first I've heard about him.. I also think, they are out to win some sort of genetic lottery stuff, and as Strand put it, the "money" issue probably is a factor too..

Old 02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LBJ's mistress was named Madeline Duncan Brown. She wrote a book called Texas in the Morning, (1997) which sells used from $60-150 depending if you have an autographed copy.

She and her son were on Donahue and a couple other talk shows in the late 1980's early 1990's. Her son Stephen Mark Brown was born sometime in 1950.

In you do a web search there are links referring to LBJ and a conspiracy to get rid of the Kennedys. I was trying to find a photo of the son...he was bald, and looked just like Lyndon.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
LBJ's mistress was named Madeline Duncan Brown. She wrote a book called Texas in the Morning, (1997) which sells used from $60-150 depending if you have an autographed copy.

She and her son were on Donahue and a couple other talk shows in the late 1980's early 1990's. Her son Stephen Mark Brown was born sometime in 1950.

In you do a web search there are links referring to LBJ and a conspiracy to get rid of the Kennedys. I was trying to find a photo of the son...he was bald, and looked just like Lyndon.
Oh cool!! Thanks so much for this info!! I'm going to look now and see what's up with him..

Old 02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He has the exact same eyes! Judging by that photo he does. He seems made up to resemble him a fair bit (the hair particularly) but if it's not true then it's a huge coincidence that he has JFK's eyes.

There's a guy in Australia who people have claimed is the son of the Duke of Windsor (Edward VIII who abdicated) because of the open relationship his mother had with him. It would put him very high up within the monarchy but the guy refuses any attention related to it. It seems like the more honourable thing to do but if I were in this guy's position I'd probably want to tell people that JFK was my father too.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubytuesday View Post

...He seems made up to resemble him a fair bit (the hair particularly) but if it's not true then it's a huge coincidence that he has JFK's eyes.

There's a guy in Australia who people have claimed is the son of the Duke of Windsor (Edward VIII who abdicated) because of the open relationship his mother had with him. It would put him very high up within the monarchy but the guy refuses any attention related to it. It seems like the more honourable thing to do but if I were in this guy's position I'd probably want to tell people that JFK was my father too.
Good point. Good perspective. I hadn't thought of that angle.

As for the guy in Australia, how interesting. I'd like to see a program or magazine article, where they put all these guys (and gals) together. There is a woman who is Loretta Young's daughter and supposedly had Clark Gable as her genetic father.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure VF has quite a thorough story. Now that it's out I wonder if they will go ahead and publish without DNA evidence. Do you think the family will submit to the test? He does kind of resemble a Kennedy.