Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-10-2013, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Curry Grant

So i'd like to know more about her relationship with Curry Grant.
First, i have no idea what he looks like. I know that Carol Ann states several times in "Storms" that he was very handsome. Do we have any pictures??

Also, how long did they stay together? Did he continue to work with the band when they broke up? Was it as happy a relationship as she described it in "You make loving fun"? Was he really her first boyfriend after John?

Thank you in advance .
Old 02-10-2013, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
So i'd like to know more about her relationship with Curry Grant.
First, i have no idea what he looks like. I know that Carol Ann states several times in "Storms" that he was very handsome. Do we have any pictures??

Also, how long did they stay together? Did he continue to work with the band when they broke up? Was it as happy a relationship as she described it in "You make loving fun"? Was he really her first boyfriend after John?

Thank you in advance .
Pictures I've seen he definitely wasn't bad looking. Someone here must have a photo they can post.

He was by all accounts I've ever read pretty much a total player who slept with pretty much any/all the women in the Fleetwood Mac universe. Definitely not someone you'd plan a future around. It's been said he also had an affair somewhere along the way with Stevie. Ah, the 70s!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:57 AM
Registered

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=24904
Old 02-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Pictures I've seen he definitely wasn't bad looking. Someone here must have a photo they can post.

He was by all accounts I've ever read pretty much a total player who slept with pretty much any/all the women in the Fleetwood Mac universe. Definitely not someone you'd plan a future around. It's been said he also had an affair somewhere along the way with Stevie. Ah, the 70s!
Thanks! So Stevie slept with absolutely every man in her entourage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflies View Post
Thanks! But still no photos.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ah, the 70s!
The 70's, indeed. When a shot of penicillin could fix anything you contracted!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Thanks! So Stevie slept with absolutely every man in her entourage?

Thanks! But still no photos.
Well, Lindsey's ex girlfriend Carol Ann Harris writes about him a bit in her memoir. I haven't read it in quite a long time, but I seem to recall her commenting on his player ways and how he hit on her as well but Lindsey was pretty formidable in keeping guys away from her. (Not to mention he was a member of the band and thus could get someone fired from the band's entourage if they crossed him). So Carol claims Curry didn't succeed with her.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only place where I know I have a picture of Curry is from that interview Christine did when she's talking about her dog running away and how she was upset at the time. Curry was sitting next to her.

There were some lighting magazine articles. I think Curry worked with them on The Dance tour and SYW tour, but I don't know if he was pictured.

CAH says Curry was spending long nights "visiting" Stevie. She says that Curry was introduced to her by Lindsey as a heartbreaker and her reaction:

"I could see what he meant. If I hadn't been hand-held and spellbound by Lindsey's breath on my neck, I may have succumbed. But he was a tad obvious, despite his chestnut curls and marron-glace eyes. Not for me."

Lindsey said that Curry was Christine's "for now." Carol assured Lindsey that she had no interest in Curry.

Carol "looked into his eyes. Mist blue did it for me, every time, over sickly nut brown. My glance told him I was not really impressed with the opposition."

Later when Curry put his arms around CAH, CAH says that Julie told him not to do that. Julie said Lindsey wouldn't be pleased if he saw that and Curry dropped his arm. Then, Julie convinced her to take a "blow" of cocaine for the first time. She only obliged because she didn't want to look stupid in front of Curry and Julie . [So sick of her making it seem like it was all somebody else's fault].

The last time CAH mentions Curry is at a concert, when Christine dedicated Songbird to him. Ouch, that had to hurt John.

Michele
Old 02-11-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I actually think there's a pic of him in one of Stevie's tour books.. I will have to see if I can dig it out.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Current photo/work bio link

http://www.prg.com/about-us/our-peop...e/curry-grant/

Locations

Los Angeles, California
Vice President, Concert Touring

From his office in Los Angeles, Curry Grant develops lighting solutions for concert tours, music videos, corporate events, and television & film productions.

Curry began his career in 1974 working as a lighting technician for Wild West Productions in Houston. During the latter half of the 1970s and much of the 1980s, Curry worked as a freelance lighting designer for such well known acts as Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp, and Hall & Oates. He also helped Marty Callner, the esteemed music video producer, create some of the world’s first long-form music videos. Curry’s lighting designs can be seen on MTV videos produced for many different performers, including Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, and Chaka Khan.

Since joining Vari*Lite in 1988, Curry has had the opportunity to support some of the industry’s best known lighting designers, including Steve Cohen, Paul Guthrie, Bryan Leitch, Peter Morse, Jim Chapman, and Norm Schwab. He has been nominated for numerous VPA Monitor lighting awards, including Best Lighting Director.

Curry joined PRG in 2004 as a result of the merger between PRG and Vari*Lite Production Services (VLPS).

Before answering the call of the road, Curry completed over 4 years of studies at the University of Houston.

When not at work, Curry enjoys waterskiing, surfing, and taking care of his two children Lindsey & Skyler.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a recent pic.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2013, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
http://www.prg.com/about-us/our-peop...e/curry-grant/

Locations

Los Angeles, California
Vice President, Concert Touring

From his office in Los Angeles, Curry Grant develops lighting solutions for concert tours, music videos, corporate events, and television & film productions.

Curry began his career in 1974 working as a lighting technician for Wild West Productions in Houston. During the latter half of the 1970s and much of the 1980s, Curry worked as a freelance lighting designer for such well known acts as Fleetwood Mac, Supertramp, and Hall & Oates. He also helped Marty Callner, the esteemed music video producer, create some of the world’s first long-form music videos. Curry’s lighting designs can be seen on MTV videos produced for many different performers, including Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, and Chaka Khan.

Since joining Vari*Lite in 1988, Curry has had the opportunity to support some of the industry’s best known lighting designers, including Steve Cohen, Paul Guthrie, Bryan Leitch, Peter Morse, Jim Chapman, and Norm Schwab. He has been nominated for numerous VPA Monitor lighting awards, including Best Lighting Director.

Curry joined PRG in 2004 as a result of the merger between PRG and Vari*Lite Production Services (VLPS).

Before answering the call of the road, Curry completed over 4 years of studies at the University of Houston.

When not at work, Curry enjoys waterskiing, surfing, and taking care of his two children Lindsey & Skyler.
interesting.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
interesting.
Is Lindsey a girl or a boy. Michele

Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I should have read this thread before the stupid questions one.

I posted the same info I guess.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...t=24904&page=2
Old 02-12-2013, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here's a picture of Curry from Stevie's Rock A Little tour book: I had to make the file smaller due to the limits of this site. : (
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo-4.JPG (33.1 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 02-12-2013 at 07:48 PM..
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The only place where I know I have a picture of Curry is from that interview Christine did when she's talking about her dog running away and how she was upset at the time. Curry was sitting next to her.
There's a polaroid of him in the 1989 Nicks tourbook.

Quote:
CAH says Curry was spending long nights "visiting" Stevie.

The last time CAH mentions Curry is at a concert, when Christine dedicated Songbird to him.
Stevie dedicated "Landslide" to Curry at the 1980 Bowl show on the first night. She was sleeping with him at that point, I do believe.

moviekinks.blogspot.com