Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:01 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySongbird
Thanks for posting these! i love things like this as i have nothing like it like old articles and interviews and such like- except for things from random websites, but i love the older ones! especially when john and chris are greately involved!

LOL! did he really say that?! ive gotta say that is sooo funny! - interesting, to say the least he he! johns so sweet though!- i love that he did the whole protective thing afterwards! he really loved her!

And thanks for putting up the questionnaire thing! its really cute! I love how he also names himself - as well as chris - as his best friend and 'pets'! LOL! and the miscellaneous likes thing is sweet too!
"Most thrilling experience: Christine Perfect" - hehehe! LOL!
yeah, the other guys listed being on TV or silly stuff like that, but you can see where John's head was at. He was kind of on a roll, writing her name towards the end there. Me thinks someone was rather missing his pretty little wife the day he had to fill out that survey LOL.

And I noticed in the J/C story i wrote it was from Melody Maker. Will have to fix that someday.

It was sort of funny that he listed himself as his best friend and 'pet'...quite telling to think you're your own best friend... I read in some interview how Peter described John as really being a loner type of person, how he'd just go off by himself a lot-- "like a fisherman." For some reason, I remember that analogy vividly, I thought it was so poetic! Chris also once described J as a very private person, who liked to read and keep to himself. He seemed happy in his own company.

Oddly I am very much like that. I could be alone all day and really be very happy just being w/ myself! and i might very well list Fleetwood Mac as my most thrilling experience LOL, how sad is that?

-Lis
Old 06-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
yeah, the other guys listed being on TV or silly stuff like that, but you can see where John's head was at. He was kind of on a roll, writing her name towards the end there. Me thinks someone was rather missing his pretty little wife the day he had to fill out that survey LOL.

And I noticed in the J/C story i wrote it was from Melody Maker. Will have to fix that someday.

It was sort of funny that he listed himself as his best friend and 'pet'...quite telling to think you're your own best friend... I read in some interview how Peter described John as really being a loner type of person, how he'd just go off by himself a lot-- "like a fisherman." For some reason, I remember that analogy vividly, I thought it was so poetic! Chris also once described J as a very private person, who liked to read and keep to himself. He seemed happy in his own company.

Oddly I am very much like that. I could be alone all day and really be very happy just being w/ myself! and i might very well list Fleetwood Mac as my most thrilling experience LOL, how sad is that?

-Lis
thats very much something i may also be likely to do!

Sweet that johns head was always in the right place! hes very cute! he really was missing her! But yea, he always struck me as the quiet, shy type, only really sharing himself with the people he really loves (bassicly chris!) but i think thats really sweet, you really can see how much love was there! sorry, i could talk about john and chris for days on end! do you have almost every interview they ever did?!! because its just so cool! do you have any rare quotes and things they said about each other or anything? sorry! i just love stuff like that, i kind of obsess over this band! i do adore them!
Old 06-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Sweet that johns head was always in the right place! hes very cute! he really was missing her! But yea, he always struck me as the quiet, shy type, only really sharing himself with the people he really loves (bassicly chris!) but i think thats really sweet, you really can see how much love was there! sorry, i could talk about john and chris for days on end!
Then you, my friend, are in the right forum.

Quote:

do you have almost every interview they ever did?!! because its just so cool! do you have any rare quotes and things they said about each other or anything?
A lot of what I have I'm trying to stick in this J/C thing. I'm sure there are interviews out there I don't have, but don't remind me of that. I have lots of great quotes for part three... Chris gushed about him endlessly in the eighties LOL.

-Lis
Old 06-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
A lot of what I have I'm trying to stick in this J/C thing. I'm sure there are interviews out there I don't have, but don't remind me of that. I have lots of great quotes for part three... Chris gushed about him endlessly in the eighties LOL.

-Lis
luuuvly!!!!!!!!! i am very much looking foreward to this!!!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

When will the 3rd part be posted. It's been a while and I'd love to see it soon.
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth; to lie outright; to pervert; to vilify; to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread. You know it and I know it and what folly is this toasting an independent press. We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes. We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance. Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. "
Old 07-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddustdragon
When will the 3rd part be posted. It's been a while and I'd love to see it soon.
I know it's been awhile. I haven't worked on it in ages because I wasn't thrilled w/ how it was coming out. Part 3 will be pretty short compared to the other 2 parts, but eventually I hope to get it done. thanks for asking.

-Lis
Old 08-22-2005, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

wow, what a great read.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

thanks for posting!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you for all your hard work. It's really appreciated. Fascinating stuff.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsysoul
Thank you for all your hard work. It's really appreciated. Fascinating stuff.
Thank you!!

-Lis
Old 09-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin View Post
Thank you!!

-Lis
Lis, if you're out there in whatever form, you're not off the hook! I'd like the Q&A with John to continue, and for you to write more when you have time. Keep in touch!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

I am not letting Lis off-the-hook either. I really enjoyed reading the C&J story and, as she has time, hope this is something she will continue writing...yes, even if part 3 is smaller than the others, Lis.