User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFM View Post
So if Colt wouldn't have gotten hurt, you're saying Texas would have won? Eh, I'm still pretty sure Bama would have won, but I guess we'll never really know.
That's exactly what I'm sayin'! Texas' defense was playing pretty well, and 14 of Alabama's points were from interceptions/fumbles by Texas' true freshman quarterback.

(P.S. My phone is deadsville but I'm chargin' her up! )
Old 01-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post
That's exactly what I'm sayin'! Texas' defense was playing pretty well, and 14 of Alabama's points were from interceptions/fumbles by Texas' true freshman quarterback.

Psh, in ya dreams guh.

Alrighty, I'll talk to you in the morning
Old 01-08-2010, 04:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i work near the rose bowl. the texas fans slunk back from the game with their tails between their legs tonight.

just sayin.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
i work near the rose bowl. the texas fans slunk back from the game with their tails between their legs tonight.

just sayin.
would've loved to see that~ loved, loved the game~ & tho texas played valiantly w/ that 2nd stringer, bama prevailed!!!~ it was a great game~ i just wish i could have seen john parker wilson in the strands, he's soooo hot!!!~
Old 01-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFItjvmaXQ
Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Tusk!

I don't usually care for football, but my husband was watching it, I was reading. Not long after the game was over, did anyone else catch that one of the marching bands was playing Tusk?! I just heard it and looked up. They were showing people on the field so I couldn't tell which band was playing it.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh, so heartbreaking. We could "what if" it to death. Had Colt not been hurt, it would have been a very different game, that's for sure. My hopes were raised at the 24-21 point, but we all know what happened. Props to UT's defense and for the team hanging in there and playing hard. I can't imagine the amount of pressure Gilbert must have felt.

Yeah, I did hear Tusk. That was Alabama's band - their mascot is an elephant. I've never known why, can someone explain that, please?
Old 01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well...

I did feel badly that Colt got hurt. The offense is built around that guy.

When the Tide rolled to a 24-6 lead at halftime, I thought, "This is gonna be a massacre, and do I really want to watch?"

Then I heard where Texas was playing with their back up quarterback and their backup center...and I thought...." Crap. Do I really want to stay on this channel?"

I wanted to see an equal match-up...which then made the third quarter and second half impressive when Texas brought it to 21-24.

Gilbert? I hope that the kid isn't beating himself up over the interceptions and tragic fumble, but I am sure he is. That poor bastard was probably thinking that he was gonna enjoy the scenery/vacation and ended up enjoying the scenery of the Alabama defense and the turf up close and personal.

Of course, I am more familiar with the Big Twelve (also known as the little dozen in some parts of the US especially where JWS lives ) so my heart was deep on the Texas side of things... And I wanted to see Texas improve since the Nebraska game...but my college son kept telling me that the Tide was gonna roll, and I didn't believe him.

The Alabama defense was impressive and Dareus was excellent for his effort.

I was worried when Mark Ingram got hurt. I don't want to see anyone hurt, but he managed to come back at the end and show us impressive stuff, along with that freshman Trent Richardson. Both had over 100 yards rushing.

The game was entertaining, in its shifts of momentum and bizarre and ballsy coaching decisions.

It is Alabama's turn at being #1 again and I am sure Bear Bryant is smiling somewhere.

And now Nick Sabin has his second crown.

The best team won with the best players.

(Though personally, I thought Boise State and TCU were better teams ... but ... I don't want to start any fights... The season is over.)

Thanks to everyone who an interest and took part in this thread. I had fun reading your comments and I hope you had fun too.

See you in the fall.

(P.S. GO BUFFS!) Now THOSE are the words of an eternal optimist...and someone with delusional tendencies.

Last edited by Betsy; 01-08-2010 at 01:15 PM..
Old 01-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
Ugh, so heartbreaking. We could "what if" it to death. Had Colt not been hurt, it would have been a very different game, that's for sure. My hopes were raised at the 24-21 point, but we all know what happened. Props to UT's defense and for the team hanging in there and playing hard. I can't imagine the amount of pressure Gilbert must have felt.

Yeah, I did hear Tusk. That was Alabama's band - their mascot is an elephant. I've never known why, can someone explain that, please?
Big Al

The origin of the mascot dates back to 1930. On October 8, a sportswriter wrote about the previous weekend's Alabama-Ole Miss football game. The writer, using the flair for the dramatic common in sportswriting at the time, wrote that an anonymous fan yelled out "Here come the elephants" upon hearing the rumble of the first team coming on the field. The name stuck throughout what became a national championship season and beyond.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm starting to wonder how many National Championships we will win in a row.
I'm sure at least 3 more.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

An invitation to join the BAMA fan club to all Ledgies.
To join you must say so in this thread before the start of next
years season. You must turn your back on your favorite team,
and say "ROLL TIDE ROLL! You'll be so glad you did.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
I'm starting to wonder how many National Championships we will win in a row.
I'm sure at least 3 more.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

An invitation to join the BAMA fan club to all Ledgies.
To join you must say so in this thread before the start of next
years season. You must turn your back on your favorite team,
and say "ROLL TIDE ROLL! You'll be so glad you did.
I just think Bama is happy Kentucky is off the schedule next year.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMlex View Post

Colt would not have been on the field when Bama's Richardson ran up the middle for a 49 yard TD.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS View Post
Colt would not have been on the field when Bama's Richardson ran up the middle for a 49 yard TD.
Good point.

Why did Colt keep saying in the after-game interviews
"oh snap, guess what I saw"?
Old 01-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Good point.

Why did Colt keep saying in the after-game interviews
"oh snap, guess what I saw"?
cuz he is secretly joy from 'my name is earl'~
Old 01-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default SEC rules!

Well, the college football season is finally over and the SEC took its rightful place as the best conference in the nation for four straight years (a record by the way). I see the SEC, with LSU and Florida in the wings, running off another two, three NC's . (That's SEC as in Southeatern Conference...not Securities and Exchange Commission. A Harvard lawyer once asked me why the Securities and Exchange Commission would be involved with college sports)

Now we have the annual coaching marry-go-round with USC's Pete Carroll going to the NFL, Leach fired at Texas Tech, Rich Brooks retiring at Kentucky, Tuberville to Tech and on and on.