User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I'm hooked on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Biting dark humor, sarcasm, drama, great actors & writing so far.
Love this show so far. Matthew Perry has had some great scenes. I was concerned, too, that I would see too much Chandler Bing in his character; but his portrayal so far has been excellent.

I must say that the sketch scene fell a little flat for me.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Love this show so far. Matthew Perry has had some great scenes. I was concerned, too, that I would see too much Chandler Bing in his character; but his portrayal so far has been excellent.

I must say that the sketch scene fell a little flat for me.

Agree on all points. The actors (esp. Matthew Perry) have done a great job establishing their new characters. I don't see them as any of their previous roles, and they seem to work well together. I'm loving Amanda Peet, and I was never a big fan before. D.L. Hughley is great too.

The sketch. I think it would have gone over better had they not showed them working it out & discussing it beforehand, and esp. if they hadn't given away the BEST line ("we hope you don't mind that our producer was caught doing blow") But it was OK. Did you notice that they specifically mentioned NBC, SNL & Lorne Michaels as competition? It's like they were making it very clear that this show is NOT about SNL.

I guess I'm the only one who liked Brothers & Sister, huh?
Old 09-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Looks like it I'll give it a second chance though - many shows are rocky to start.

And I saw an encore of Men in Trees...I couldn't get into it either I think it's mostly the Anne Heche factor...not a fan.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I hate Anne Heche. But I'm in love with the show. The other characters are fun & interesting. And that guy's very f*ckable, so there's also that....
Old 09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^ I hate Anne Heche. But I'm in love with the show. The other characters are fun & interesting. And that guy's very f*ckable, so there's also that....
I did like the other characters, or at least what I saw of them (again, I'm guilty of not actually sitting through the whole show.)

I was very happy to see Abraham Benrubi and Cynthia Stevenson..I enjoy them both...but I don't know - the whole feel of the show and esp. the main character is they're trying too hard to make her a "Carrie Bradshaw" type character...and it's just not working for me.

Anyway - I just hope I like Ugly Betty more than I've liked the other new shows I've caught thus far
Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agree on all points. The actors (esp. Matthew Perry) have done a great job establishing their new characters. I don't see them as any of their previous roles, and they seem to work well together. I'm loving Amanda Peet, and I was never a big fan before. D.L. Hughley is great too.

The sketch. I think it would have gone over better had they not showed them working it out & discussing it beforehand, and esp. if they hadn't given away the BEST line ("we hope you don't mind that our producer was caught doing blow") But it was OK. Did you notice that they specifically mentioned NBC, SNL & Lorne Michaels as competition? It's like they were making it very clear that this show is NOT about SNL.

Peet has been impressive. The whole cast has.

I agree that the sketch would have been better had we been more "surprised." I wonder if they will show the "Crazy Christians" sketch?

Brothers & Sisters started very slowly for me, and I almost changed the channel halfway through. But I stuck with it and now I am intrigued.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
Brothers & Sisters started very slowly for me, and I almost changed the channel halfway through. But I stuck with it and now I am intrigued.
AH-HA! It's NOT just me!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you want to be completely saddened tonite, the Barbara Walters interview with Terri Erwin is on 20/20 tonite at 10:00

Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
If you want to be completely saddened tonite, the Barbara Walters interview with Terri Erwin is on 20/20 tonite at 10:00
Did anyone see it last nite? Oh.My.God. it was heart wrenching My heart aches for that woman. The one thing that will stick with me (and there are many) was when Barbara asked Terri "What will you miss the most? and she said "he was fun." And she said it with such passion. I mean that pretty much covers everything doesn't it?

Here's a small clip of that part of the conversation. Click on video on the left side of page.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2496624&page=1

Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

CRAP! I missed it It was on at the same time as Kinapped...grr. I really wanted to see it too - but totally forgot about it when I saw that kidnapped was on.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, Studio 60 is officially my favorite new show this year. "She wants us to make fun of her." "OK, well, your teeth are kind of big."

And Brothers & Sisters is getting better & better, IMO. "It's so quiet because my kids think I don't know that my husband used to sleep with that woman sitting right there at the table. And it seems that they've lost all social graces & can't even carry on a dinner conversation because of it."

Men in Trees is still cute & funy, but I don't know how long the back & forth between Marin & the hot guy can last. Loved the virgin guy getting his stand stuck in the condom dispenser.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love Brothers & Sisters. In fact, I like it much more than Desperate Housewives - Terri Hatchers character is a complete dork. I can't stand her.
The only thing keeping me interested in the Housewives is Edie Britt. MORE EDIE BRITT!! And that hunky nephew of hers aint bad either...
But, back to Brothers & Sisters -- I think it's very well done. Love Sally Field -- I can already smell her Emmy nomination. And it's nice to have Calista back on television...she's a good actress.
My other fav this season is Ugly Betty -- it's a cute show. Very entertaining.

rbs
Old 10-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
I love Brothers & Sisters. In fact, I like it much more than Desperate Housewives - Terri Hatchers character is a complete dork. I can't stand her.
The only thing keeping me interested in the Housewives is Edie Britt. MORE EDIE BRITT!! And that hunky nephew of hers aint bad either...
But, back to Brothers & Sisters -- I think it's very well done. Love Sally Field -- I can already smell her Emmy nomination. And it's nice to have Calista back on television...she's a good actress.
My other fav this season is Ugly Betty -- it's a cute show. Very entertaining.

rbs
Calista's acting is good but I'm distracted by her new lips. I watched the show for the first time last night and it was really good.

DH is a bit stale, it is totaly mind candy non-thinking indulgence. You definitely have to suspend all critical thought to enjoy it.

What happened to Mike to put him in a coma? I missed that.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: In a dream. looking through a crystal glass or a piece of crystal or a diamond or something.

I admit I haven't read through this thread yet, so probably most of these shows have been discussed. I don't want to read it until I'm caught up, as there might be spoilers. I'm late to fall TV, as I've been Tivo'ing everything but spending most of my time watching baseball.

New shows I like:

Vanished (I'm up to week 4). I guess this show is on hiatus for a couple of weeks and then going to Fridays. Not good. I think the acting is pretty bad, especially the ex-wife, but I'm all caught up in it.

Kidnapped (I'm caught up). Um, what exactly is the difference in concept between Vanished and Kidnapped? And I'm getting the details between the shows mixed up. Better acting than Vanished, though. I read it is already cancelled and they are wrapping up the story in 13 episodes. My shows never make it.

New shows I've taped and haven't watched yet. Would be open to input on whether or not to bother:

Jericho
Heroes
Shark
Ugly Betty
Sunset Strip show
Friday Night Lights

Summer shows I miss already:

The 4400
Saved
Rockstar Supernova
Old 10-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If any of you have the Thursday nite dilemma like me (record Earl and The Office while I watch Survivor and have to miss Ugly Betty) - Ugly Betty gets rerun on the Soap Network. Or at least the 1st episode was. I set my DVR to record all of them on the Soap Network.