User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
The part you are seeing on the left is the curl of his fingers. They are not firmly tucked into his hand.

If you saw the actual video, you would know what I'm talking about.

Eh, if you're not gonna budge, you're not gonna budge.
I budge occasionally but this isnt one of those times

for the sake of peace I can say we eliminate my picture completely as exhibit A
and use gldstwmn's photos and it still proves the point that the man is obviously a cretin, who has no problem showing his lack of good taste for all the world to see. Therefore, based on HER photos, I TOTALLY and COMPLETELY believe the original article which states Monkey Boy is losing it. Oh YES. He's Bananas.

ps: Towie, its very possible that seeing the video, maybe slowing it down, would cause me to change my mind. Unfortunately, as I dont have cable, and I dont trust mainstream media, Im not likely to see the video, now or ever...
but, you may have a point. and thats as FAR as Im going

Last edited by irishgrl; 08-26-2005 at 09:09 PM..
Old 08-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Arrow Finger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
It's his thumb. The middle finger is the longest finger (well, some people are freaks, but for the most part...LOL), and that's too short to be a middle finger, I conclude that is his thumb.
well, MY middle finger didnt look so long in MY shot???? and from a distance? even shorter Im sure. Using YOUR logic, the thumb would be shorter yet, only a nub. sorry, its NOT his thumb. Face it: Cheney has no problem using the F-word in congress, W has no problem using the bird to the media. nuff said.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
if I was lucky enuff to be in office you can bet yer sweet bippy I'd be showin' MY cojones! I havent changed MY politics and the Dems ought to remember their CORE groups and quit trying to be all things to all people cuz it aint gonna happen. I think they think they can run with the "Clinton success" model and the sad fact is, only CLINTON can do what he did. The rest of the party needs to acknowledge and embrace its LIBERAL roots and stop acting like being called Liberal is a bad thing!
Why remember their core groups if people like you are going to vote for them regardless? With Hillary Clinton's recent whoring and the gradual leap to the right, I'm shocked that anyone as liberal as you can support them. They certainly aren't a liberal party. I cut off all ties with that joke of a party after the election and it'll take a miracle for them to get my vote or association again. They don't represent me any more than they represent the working class. Republicans, Democrats, they're all the same and everything is about how big business can benefit from us. It's simply a matter of which party screws us up the ass more delicately.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Why remember their core groups if people like you are going to vote for them regardless? With Hillary Clinton's recent whoring and the gradual leap to the right, I'm shocked that anyone as liberal as you can support them. They certainly aren't a liberal party. I cut off all ties with that joke of a party after the election and it'll take a miracle for them to get my vote or association again. They don't represent me any more than they represent the working class. Republicans, Democrats, they're all the same and everything is about how big business can benefit from us. It's simply a matter of which party screws us up the ass more delicately.
two things:
A) I sure as hell dont have anything in common with any other group except maybe the Greens but
B) they have no clout and by Gum, I want my vote to count for something.

The Democratic party used to represent minorities and the working class. you knew where you stood with the Dems once upon a time. but Clinton, with his move to the center, ruined the mind set of the Dems. I love Clinton but as I said, only HE could accomplish that sort of philosophical move to the middle.
Plus, he was smart and savvy and could out debate anyone. He KNEW the issues and had answers ready. I totally admire that man. I could care LESS what he did sexually. If anyone is offended by Clinton then they shouldnt delve too deeply into the private lives of ANY of the past presidents, because they almost all to a man cheated on their wives. it was almost de riguer. Puh Leez.
of course, now, with the recent fiasco in Ohio, (as I said before) Im not sure my vote WILL count from now on, therefore, if Ca ever goes to an electronic system, I am voting by MAIL, REGISTERED MAIL.

Last edited by irishgrl; 08-26-2005 at 09:19 PM..
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
Not all of them do.
No, not all of them, you're completely right. There are true patriots out there like Boxer and Kennedy, but for each one of them, you have five ****tards who will gladly send us down the river instead of representing us like they're supposed to. It's sad and it's depressing, but it's a fact. When a political party doesn't challenege the results of an obviously f*cked up and stolen election just because they want to save face, I have no respect for them. People like Boxer? I love them and support them completely, but a few true Democrats out of tens of asshats does not a party make for me.

Quote:
In fact, I've seen a few Republicans speaking out lately too, in particular Lindsey Graham on the "intelligent design" business. He was on Larry King with Deepak Chopra and some right wing radical christian cleric. That Deepak's a tough cookie.

That's desperation speaking, though, not their true feelings. Now that the radical right is temporarily (hopefully permanently) being looked down upon by the country, they want to distance themselves from the sinking ship.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but for each one of them, you have five ****tards who will gladly send us down the river instead of representing us like they're supposed to.
Diss, the pendulum WILL swing the other way, when the fundamentalists get too drunk with power and overreach themselves...
as for the Dems, dont give up on them yet...I think you'd see more backbone from them if you were to VENT to them and let them know they let you down! they need to hear the message that we are still out there and we still need representation
Old 08-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
two things:
A) I sure as hell dont have anything in common with any other group except maybe the Greens but
So change your affiliation to the Green party like I did.

Quote:
B) they have no clout and by Gum, I want my vote to count for something.
You want your vote to count for the Democrats even though the interests of big business and their buddies are more important to them than yours? Imagine if you were on welfare and were really feeling the strain of what Clinton did with his reprehensible Welfare Reform Act. This country is politically disgusting, Mary. There is a very thin line between Democrats and Republicans, if any. The only thing, in my opinion, that anyone can do now is to vote on principle. The Democratic party doesn't share any of mine and probably won't for quite some time, so they won't get my vote.

Quote:
The Democratic party used to represent minorities and the working class. you knew where you stood with the Dems once upon a time. but Clinton, with his move to the center, ruined the mind set of the Dems. I love Clinton but as I said, only HE could accomplish that sort of philosophical move to the middle.
"Used to" being the key phrase.

Quote:
Plus, he was smart and savvy and could out debate anyone. He KNEW the issues and had answers ready. I totally admire that man. I could care LESS what he did sexually. If anyone is offended by Clinton then they shouldnt delve too deeply into the private lives of ANY of the past presidents, because they almost all to a man cheated on their wives. it was almost de riguer. Puh Leez.
Too bad he turned into a Republican as the years wore on. Clinton was a piece of ****, I'm sorry...the more I think about him, the more I dislike him. Remember when he phoned Kerry and told Kerry that he should denounce gays? I don't like the man, I don't care who sucked him off, and I'm not voting for his wife. Like I said, I'll actively campaign against her when she begins her race and I hope she falls on her face.

Quote:
of course, now, with the recent fiasco in Ohio, (as I said before) Im not sure my vote WILL count from now on, therefore, I am seriously considering NOT voting--if Ca ever goes to an electronic system, I am voting by MAIL, REGISTERED MAIL.
It's scary to think that votes are thrown away and not counted, very scary. But that's our political system nowadays. I'm very scared of the future, to be honest.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Diss, the pendulum WILL swing the other way, when the fundamentalists get too drunk with power and overreach themselves...
I hope so. But I won't support Republican Party Lite in the meantime. It's just not gonna happen.

Quote:
as for the Dems, dont give up on them yet...I think you'd see more backbone from them if you were to VENT to them and let them know they let you down! they need to hear the message that we are still out there and we still need representation
I let them know all the time through faxes, letters, and telephone calls. I'm not someone who bitches about them and does nothing. The simple fact is that I'm not going to lend my support to a party unless they share the same principles that I do. When the Democratic party becomes the Democratic party again, I'll welcome them back with open arms. But until that day comes, I have as much use for those spineless wimps as I do for those hateful, evil bastards that run the Republican party. That's all.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
That's desperation speaking, though, not their true feelings. Now that the radical right is temporarily (hopefully permanently) being looked down upon by the country, they want to distance themselves from the sinking ship.
I have no doubt.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have no doubt.
Let us toast to the utter devastation of the Republican party in as many upcoming elections as possible, love.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Let us toast to the utter devastation of the Republican party in as many upcoming elections as possible, love.
A hard rain's gonna fall. Let's break out the San Pellegrino!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine if you were on welfare and were really feeling the strain of what Clinton did with his reprehensible Welfare Reform Act.
actually my dear, I WAS. I know firsthand the effects of that seminal piece of work. But as Clinton said, and I know this for a FACT, (since I happen to now WORK in social services) Clinton DID try to ease the blow of that reform
Quote:
As president, Clinton worked to overcome these obstacles. He got Congress to enlarge the earned income tax credit. This allows low-wage earners who support a family to receive each year a sum of money from the Internal Revenue Service. Clinton also proposed that the government provide jobs for welfare recipients who couldn't find work. But Congress, with a new Republican majority, rejected this proposal.
Here's the link

You cant blame Clinton entirely for the effects of welfare reform. surely you remember that the balance of power shifted prior to the passage of that particular bill?
Old 08-26-2005, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hope so. But I won't support Republican Party Lite in the meantime. It's just not gonna happen.

I let them know all the time through faxes, letters, and telephone calls. I'm not someone who bitches about them and does nothing. The simple fact is that I'm not going to lend my support to a party unless they share the same principles that I do. When the Democratic party becomes the Democratic party again, I'll welcome them back with open arms. But until that day comes, I have as much use for those spineless wimps as I do for those hateful, evil bastards that run the Republican party. That's all.
as is your right of course....I myself choose to keep faith.

btw: good to hear you still fax/write/call the party. I sincerely hope someone somewhere is paying attention.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That first photo of Bush is of his thumb. Make a fist with your thumb up and turn your wrist outward so your lower arm is in profile, you will see how that can be his thumb.

His house of cards is finally beginning to fall and I can hardly believe it. I did have faith it would happen some day but it was getting dimmer! The fact that he is on an extended vacation in wartime speaks volumes about his "character" and I think most Americans see that.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
That first photo of Bush is of his thumb. Make a fist with your thumb up and turn your wrist outward so your lower arm is in profile, you will see how that can be his thumb.

His house of cards is finally beginning to fall and I can hardly believe it. I did have faith it would happen some day but it was getting dimmer! The fact that he is on an extended vacation in wartime speaks volumes about his "character" and I think most Americans see that.
Sorry Suze, you know I love ya but I just dont see a thumb there. as I posted in MY "thumb" picture, there is less hand showing in a "thumb" shot. the hand I see is exactly in proportion to the middle finger being extended upward. the angle of the arm/wrist, everything. but, as I said to Towie, since I havent seen the video, I am willing to concede that there is a possibility I could be mistaken. But based on the still, it definitely looks like a middle finger to me. I can duplicate that shot of him with my own hand (I just cant get the right angle with my phone cam). In any event, I am positive that it is his MIDDLE finger. and Im familiar enuff with the human body to be able to spot the difference.

EDIT: in addition: as I recall, W was being Heckled by media journalists as that shot was being taken. I can TOTALLY see him flipping the bird in response, not giving a thumbs up victory sign...the man is treading on thin mental ice, he's showing his true colors, I imagine, without the guidance of Rove or Cheney he's feeling the strain of having to account for his actions.

Last edited by irishgrl; 08-26-2005 at 10:31 PM..