The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Was there a single surprise on the BuckVie Tour?

Maybe I missed it, but did they break the standard set list at any point in the tour?
Old 11-27-2017, 09:48 AM

No surprises set list wise.

Surprised it did so well. They extended the tour and the album did better than I expected. Talk of another album and tour.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nothing that I know of, other than occasionally skipping Game of Pretend.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was surprised by Hold Me and WYWH. And starting with acoustic songs. And that it happened!
Old 11-27-2017, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im not knocking the setlist, I was just curious if there were any songs that showed up once or twice outside of the normal routine. Would've been neat to see them experiement a little more with their catalogue given the opportunity to do so. Oh well.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Im not knocking the setlist, I was just curious if there were any songs that showed up once or twice outside of the normal routine. Would've been neat to see them experiement a little more with their catalogue given the opportunity to do so. Oh well.
They added bits and pieces to some songs of the setlist, but it was basically the same one each night, except for GOP some nights.
I'd have loved for them to play Carnival Begin. I'm hoping they add it to the FM next tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Carnival Begin was the song I wanted most but when it wasn't added to the second leg of the tour I gave up hoping for it.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:47 PM

Carnival Begin would have been a great closer. Leave the crowd drooling.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

No surprises but we don't get surprises from the Mac or their members. I LOVED hearing the new songs. I heard them a million times but the new songs sounded so much better live.
I guess the surprise would be opening with a 4 song acoustic set. I have never seen another band do this. Wish you were hear was a surprise too.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You mean, other than the fact that this unbelievably unexpected tour happened at all, and that these two musicians played a shockingly high number of songs from their new album, including ending the shows with the complete surprise of two songs from that new album?
Old 11-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No surprises but we don't get surprises from the Mac or their members. I LOVED hearing the new songs. I heard them a million times but the new songs sounded so much better live.
I guess the surprise would be opening with a 4 song acoustic set. I have never seen another band do this. Wish you were hear was a surprise too.
Lindsey solo was regularly opening with 5-song acoustic set on his 2011 SWS tour, followed by 13-song set with the full band, and closing with acoustic Seeds.

(sample setlist from that tour https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linds...-33d190d9.html )

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"