User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireSister View Post
We can't say for sure what combination of chemicals she was on at any given time...and different drugs effective people differently depending on your brain/body chemistry. For example, coke could make one person wired and another tired. It may also cause one to lose their inhibitions which doesn't necessarily "turn you bi-sexual" but you may be more open to experimentation. Just sayin'.
Booze can certainly make you lose your inhibitions ( raises hand). I know from the past. It didn't turn me bi but it certainly made me more open. Waaaaaaay more open.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Um, I don't think cocaine would make anyone tired. It's a stimulant.
Yes it can, especially after doing too much. Why do you think they give people with ADHD adderall? That's basically legal speed (a stimulant) but it has the opposite effect and allows them to focus more and not be as hyper.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a new rumour to me. Stevie was whacked out cocaine and booze pretty much non-stop back in those days, so I imagine that, under those circumstances, it could have been possible. Who knows......
Old 05-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What's interesting is that this is a topic that ALWAYS comes up within my circle of lesbian "chiffon-heads" as well as other lesbian Stevie fans I have met in my tour travels back in the day. In fact, this topic ONLY comes up within those circles. I think it's just wishful thinking on their part. Call it "Stevie fan fiction". Every time we would watch the Red Rocks video, my lesbian friends would always replay the scene during "Edge Of 17" when Sharon walks over to Stevie's mic to sing. They would say, "Look at how they're looking at each other! There's your proof!" They also would read too much into the scene where Stevie makes Sharon "wait" for the hand slap at the beginning of the song.

I personally couldn't care less if they hooked up or not. If they did, then cool. If they didn't, then cool. I suppose it's not anyone's business but theirs.

I don't think Stevie's bisexual. A lot of straight women have dabbled because they are more sexually fluid and secure with themselves than straight men, in my opinion.

Last edited by sorcerer999; 05-23-2016 at 02:40 PM..
Old 05-23-2016, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a friend many years ago who was a lesbian and absolutely loved the photos of Stevie and Christine in the Tango tour book because they were standing really close and touching each other. I don't think it was because it made them look like they were lesbians but that they were showing an obvious affection for each other. It was really sweet.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Different times
Old 05-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

not a lesbian chiffonhead
but
i'd buy it
a few lady flings here and there. so what.
and Stevie is a self confessed hippy chick
it's all about the love

i have my theory and it was def post cocaine era
but yuk i don't like thinking about that particular era

Stevie and Chris ... nah
Stevie and Sharona ... maybe back in the day. not TODAY though
Old 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The way Stevie and Sharon look at each other (watch videos of them performing Nightbird together, for instance!) confirms something for me.

I have always thought Sharon was in love with Stevie. Whether it is reciprocated... Who can tell?
Old 05-26-2016, 08:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

I am usually good at knowing with women and I don't get that feeling with Stevie but there have been rumors about it.

Part of it I think is that she is naturally affectionate with nearly everyone. Last October in concert it was quite cute because she was cuddling with Christine. She seemed so happy to have a female friend with her again. But making her an item with Chris let's not go there haha that's too many triangles to process

She did have a circle of close female friends back then though. Almost like a club. So does Taylor Swift nowadays and I have to admit I wonder about her. Despite all the famous high profile men she has dated and songs about them. Many think it's all a cover.

Nowadays though you have to be careful what you do. You can be sued for harassment and have people talk about you.