Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Ledgie

Default Mirage RSD Release Trivia Tid-Bit

Just a random observation I made. You know how Lindsey painted that photo inside if the inner sleeve of the original "Mirage" album? I was looking for it on the "Alternate Mirage" Record Store Day release yesterday, and if you peer inside of the actual jacket of the album you can see it inside of there.

I just thought that was kind of interesting, considering a lot of people probably wouldn't have stuck their head inside of the jacket like I did.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You're not the only one who noticed. I didn't think to post about it, duh. I like how the cover image is flipped since it's Mirage Alternate. Played this and the Stevie record all day yesterday.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
You're not the only one who noticed. I didn't think to post about it, duh. I like how the cover image is flipped since it's Mirage Alternate. Played this and the Stevie record all day yesterday.

Me too Lola! I am very happy with them, I think they sound wonderful. Was hoping for a little more album art, but I get since they were so limited it was prob not worth the effort, but the drawing inside the sleeve was a nice touch!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:12 AM
Ledgie

Luckies! I so wanted the "Rarities" one. I was going to grab it, but I didn't want to betray the couple I had established a pow-wow with in the line when I first got there. But, the "Alternate Mirage" was definitely more than enough. I think I like the demo for "Empire State" more than the album version. It sounds more like something off of "Tusk" or "Law and Order".
Old 04-24-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetwood Jack View Post
I think I like the demo for "Empire State" more than the album version. It sounds more like something off of "Tusk" or "Law and Order".
Me too, I think Mirage would have sounded better if that would have been the final vocal for Empire State. What's with Lindsey's fixation with whispering vocals?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
What's with Lindsey's fixation with whispering vocals?
I know right!?! I love "Never Going Back Again", but I honestly can't hear it on the "Live At The Bass Performance Hall" CD. I have to turn that one up extremely high to even begin to hear it. COME BACK SHOUTY LINDSEY!!!
Old 04-24-2017, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For the album as a whole, I think I actually prefer the alternate version. I love Stevie on Book of Love, the extended vocals on Gypsy, the punkier Empire State. Love in Store is missing the harmonies on the chorus but they kick in at the end and sound dreamy. The "Wild Heart" Can't Go Back is dreamy too, though I think they could have used Stevie's harmonies on the final version and made an even better track. The orchestration at the end of Wish You Were Here is lovely. I really enjoy the alternate "Eyes" but it is missing that "Stephanie" guitar sound I love. I think the only song I absolutely prefer on the original album is That's Alright- That vocal is just gold!

My only pet peeve I think is not getting a genuine alternate take of Straight Back- I know they exist!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevierocks87 View Post
My only pet peeve I think is not getting a genuine alternate take of Straight Back- I know they exist!

The 5.1 version of Straight Back is essentailly an alternate take/version.