Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2015, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Dublin....last Europe gig.

Just thinking about the end of this part of the tour....

I would LOVE to be in Dublin for the last concert...

Please can we have lots of reports, write ups, reviews ...for the last concert.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I got home this morning, so I missed it by one day! From what I gather from the city folks there, the tickets sold out in less than an hour. I'd have been willing to buy a dangling one off of someone for a pretty price!
Old 07-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I got home this morning, so I missed it by one day! From what I gather from the city folks there, the tickets sold out in less than an hour. I'd have been willing to buy a dangling one off of someone for a pretty price!
are you in Dublin? you still have a chance today!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-11-2015, 03:12 AM
Ledgie

Im going tonight! So excited! Anyone else with a general admission ticket? I would love to meet some other fans
Old 07-12-2015, 05:00 AM
Ledgie

It was amazing ! Literally in front of Lindsey during the I'm So Afraid solo. Christine also came over a few times and collected a card and a teddy from the girl beside me. Excellent concert! In Dreams, Stevie did a high part she usually doesn't bother with so that was nice Although she really needs that surgery, my friend said she reminded her of her arthritis ridden dog trying to walk all in good faith, she was amazing regardless. As was everyone else, they put on a wonderful show!
Old 07-12-2015, 06:32 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
It was amazing ! Literally in front of Lindsey during the I'm So Afraid solo. Christine also came over a few times and collected a card and a teddy from the girl beside me. Excellent concert! In Dreams, Stevie did a high part she usually doesn't bother with so that was nice Although she really needs that surgery, my friend said she reminded her of her arthritis ridden dog trying to walk all in good faith, she was amazing regardless. As was everyone else, they put on a wonderful show!
Totally agree! It was, without a doubt, the best show I've seen on this tour. They were on fire!
Old 07-12-2015, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ed Power, July 12, 2015 Independent

http://www.independent.ie/entertainm...-31370339.html

Review: Fleetwood Mac light up 3Arena Dublin

How fitting that Fleetwood Mac should close the European leg of their latest comeback tour with a brace of sold-out shows in Dublin.

It was at this very venue in 2013 that erstwhile singer and keyboardist Christine McVie reunited with her bandmates for the first time in 16 years. The success of their soundcheck jam that night persuaded the reclusive Englishwoman to rejoin full-time – and now here she was, back where it started.

The sense of a group operating at full tilt was evident from the outset as McVie, guitarist Lindsey Buckingham and vocalist Stevie Nicks plunged into the harmonized introduction to The Chain, a tug-of-love ballad written while Nicks and Buckingham were in the throes of their notoriously messy late '70s break-up (heartbreaking fuel for the 40-million selling Rumours album). Half a lifetime later the tune still gleamed with acidic vim as Nicks and Buckingham locked gazes and spat accusatorially lyrics at one another.

With McVie in the fold once more, it was as if a missing piece of a puzzle had clicked into place. In her absence, Buckingham's pop eccentricities wielded an outsize influence over Fleetwood Mac, his oddball histrionics threatening to capsize the ship. Tonight confirmed that McVie's classic songwriting and calm persona served as a vital counterpoint. Earlier Fleetwood Mac reunions felt like glorified Buckingham solo affairs. This was assuredly no longer the case.

How or why Fleetwood Mac became the world's favourite heritage act remains a matter of conjecture. Through the '80s and '90s, the soft rock titans were an ongoing punchline. Catchy, crowd-pleasing and always on radio, they were everything a rebellious young musician might despise. However, the onward march of the decades has seen their stock soar, with hayseed Gen Yers such as Haim and Best Coast blatantly indebted to the quintet's burned-out California cool. Wait long enough and everything comes back into fashion.

Straining my neck from my standing position towards the rear of the arena, I could just about make out the top of McVie blonde bob. It was all that I needed to see as Fleetwood Mac negotiated one of mainstream rock's greatest catalogues. From The Chain, they shifted gear into You Make Loving Fun, McVie's sly Valentine to a secret lover, while Nicks had an early opportunity to shine on Dreams, a scented-candle dirge whose hippy aphorisms yielded universal truths.

Wiry and goggle-eyed, Buckingham was a tortured yin to McVie's understated yang. He barked into the mic and bobbed his head as he dispensed platitudes to the crowd (apparently we're still the best audience in the world). McVie, in contrast, stayed in the shadows for much of the set but, when required to step beneath the spotlight, was a searing presence, especially on Everywhere, her bittersweet love ballad. Disinterred six songs in it was a knockout punch and powerful closing argument for anyone who wondered how pop's naffest ensemble ended up its most beloved.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Half a lifetime later the tune still gleamed with acidic vim as Nicks and Buckingham locked gazes and spat accusatorially lyrics at one another.
Um really? Stevie and Lindsey must be doing The Chain a lot differently now than when I last saw them in Los Angeles.

Michele
Old 07-12-2015, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
are you in Dublin? you still have a chance today!!
I wish I had been able to stay. I left Thursday the 10th in the afternoon...

ugh...
Old 07-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How or why Fleetwood Mac became the world's favourite heritage act remains a matter of conjecture.
I like to think it's because their music is better than that of other "heritage acts" in the soft rock category; that in fact they don't belong in that category at all.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:57 PM
Ledgie

Smile

I attended all three Dublin shows and am still buzzing! Took my two daughters aged 11 and 12 to the June 20th show and they had a ball at their first concert. So many emotions now that European dates have come and gone : relief that all three Dublin shows went ahead as scheduled, joy, exhilaration and gratitude to have seen Christine back . The energy, talent and professionalism of these five people is pure magic. I cannot imagine that we will see anything on this scale from them again . I note that L.B or Mick referred to" a new and very different phase in the history of Fleetwood Mac ". My guess -and I hope I'm wrong - is that this will be confined to recording.
The vibe of the audience towards the band was palpable and the five clearly had a lot of fun. I cannot get over how HAPPY Christine is on stage..........such a change to the Dance tour. I love the way she "plays" the drums in the intro to Im so afraid and the way she and John sit and have a chat during Stevie s velvet underground speech! Wonder what they're talking about?
This was my 12th time seeing the band and, if it's the last......well, what a way to go!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillamene View Post
I cannot get over how HAPPY Christine is on stage..........such a change to the Dance tour.
Christine certainly looked unhappy during the end of the Dance tour. Here's hoping that as long as they tour, she always maintains the exuberance we've enjoyed celebrating so much this year.

Michele
Old 07-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Dublin makes Christine smile

This is an amazing video. I saw them twice in the states and watched just about every video in every city. I have never seen a concert go so crazy for Everywhere. The crowd roars in the beginning and the arena is singing along. Chris is all smiles for the song. This is what I expected in London but it seems Dublin wins for best crowd in Europe. Chris looks amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSr7F8LErrM
Old 07-18-2015, 04:52 PM
Ledgie

Heart

Yes indeed!
Anyone expecting the band to show road weariness at the final two shows of a long tour were wrong. As Stevie reminded us ,this was the longest tour she or the band had done. Of course , we should not be surprised : they are true professionals when it comes to putting on a show. We tend to forget their ages and the sheer physical demands these shows demand - just witness Mick in World Turning!
There was a huge amount of love for Chistine in Dublin and her reactions show this meant a lot to her. Furthermore, this warmth for her did not diminish the vibe towards the others: quite the opposite actually.

Never break the chain.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Another great video from Dublin where the crowd sings Happy Birthday to Chris in the beginning. But most important....I love to hear the crowd roar when Chris sings.... "but most of all I wish it for myself"
Call me an old fashioned Fleetwood Mac fan....but the crowd always used to cheer after that line. But rare to hear these days.
Kudos to you Dublin! Stevie is right...you do have magical powers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avhJv-b8iU8