Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default retirement

I was reading an article online from eariler on this year and says " It is unknown when she will come out of retirement again but hopefully it will be soon"

Does anyone honestly think she will ever come out of retirement? I would LOVE to see her back but i just can't see her doing it. We can hope though i guess.

link to the article

http://blogcritics.org/music/article...-mcvie-in-the/
Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't expect her to ever come out of retirement. She's older now. She's done her time in the music industry and now she wants to simply enjoy the easy life. She's most definitely earned it.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I don't expect her to ever come out of retirement. She's older now. She's done her time in the music industry and now she wants to simply enjoy the easy life. She's most definitely earned it.
I agree. She didn't get the recognition she deserved when she was still in the industry, so why would she come back now? Very under appreciated/ underrated artist/musician. Not that it wouldn't be awesome to have her back though
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacFan92 View Post
I agree. She didn't get the recognition she deserved when she was still in the industry, so why would she come back now? Very under appreciated/ underrated artist/musician. Not that it wouldn't be awesome to have her back though
I agree with you about being underrated. It's sad how she has written some of the most beautiful songs but they don't get the recognition they deserved. It would be wonderful to see her back but she's earned her "me" time.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone in rock music really truly permanently retire? If they don't die first, many old rockers tend to maintain low-key careers until they become ill or become forgotten by the music industry. Ozzy Osbourne retired back in the 1980s. And again in the 1990s. Joni Mitchell was "retired" until she was "not retired." Linda Ronstadt was "retired" but continued to tour and record for another ten years. Tina Turner has also "retired" repeatedly as well. I honestly cannot think of any rock musician who has been that enormously successful who just completely retired while he/she was still alive, in good health, and commercially viable. A musician's life is defined by his/her music, period. It's in the blood. They can go off and pursue other destinies, but they always come back home eventually. I personally believe that Christine will re-appear someday. On her own timetable. I mean, if Doris Day can release a new album in 2011 after being a total recluse for decades, I think anything is possible.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tina Turner first "retired" over 20 years ago, when she was only 50. Joni Mitchell was in her 50s as well. CM, on the other hand, is pushing 70. She's not coming back.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think she's totally DONE with Fleetwood Mac, but if Stan Webb called to get Chicken Shack back together, I think she'd have bags packed & out the door before her Malteses know where the food locker is.

Just kidding!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I think she's totally DONE with Fleetwood Mac, but if Stan Webb called to get Chicken Shack back together, I think she'd have bags packed & out the door before her Malteses know where the food locker is.
Speaking of Chicken Shack, I don't suppose you know where I could get a hold of a specific song of theirs? It's Get Like You Used To Be, but at the beginning they're introducing the song, and clearly less than at their best. One of the males completely fails in his introduction, and ends up exclaiming "I'm out of my mind, man". I heard it years ago on Grooveshark but it was swiftly removed and I haven't been able to find it since. I ask you specifically because you do appear somewhat of an oracle when it comes to the older Fleetwood Mac/Solo eras (), but the question is open to anybody with an answer, lol.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Just kidding!
Lhasa Apsos!!

Nah, I think she still plays for those lucky little pooches but they're the only ones who'll hear it now. I don't blame her for retiring. She's done her bit and if I were her, I'd have retired loooong before she did.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr

Last edited by ButterCookie; 09-12-2011 at 05:02 PM..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Speaking of Chicken Shack, I don't suppose you know where I could get a hold of a specific song of theirs? It's Get Like You Used To Be, but at the beginning they're introducing the song, and clearly less than at their best. One of the males completely fails in his introduction, and ends up exclaiming "I'm out of my mind, man". I heard it years ago on Grooveshark but it was swiftly removed and I haven't been able to find it since. I ask you specifically because you do appear somewhat of an oracle when it comes to the older Fleetwood Mac/Solo eras (), but the question is open to anybody with an answer, lol.
It's on their album titled Ok, Ken. There are a couple of versions available at Amazon.com. *

"OK KEN" at Amazon.com

*=DISCLAIMER: I am in no way professionally associated with Amazon.com, I am only passing along information.

Last edited by chiliD; 09-12-2011 at 05:04 PM..
Old 09-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It's on their album Ok, Ken.
And off to Amazon I go! I knew "a version" was on the album, but I was sure, as tends to be the case, the best part of the song had been cut. Ie, the batty intro. Are you sure it has the intro? Because it feels like it ought to be on a radio recorded special album, for exampl like "The Kinks at the BBC".
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
Lhasa Apsos!! .
My bad. I stand (sit, kneel, crouch) corrected.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IIRC, all the intros to the songs on OK, Ken are like that. It's been a while since I listened all the way through, though.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 09-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And off to Amazon I go! I knew "a version" was on the album, but I was sure, as tends to be the case, the best part of the song had been cut. Ie, the batty intro. Are you sure it has the intro? Because it feels like it ought to be on a radio recorded special album, for exampl like "The Kinks at the BBC".
The entire album has that banter between the songs...I think it was intentionally done as a supposed radio show. (like Jeremy Spencer's EP of the "Milton Schlitz Show")

EDIT: What Georgie said...a few seconds before I hit "post".
Old 09-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
I don't blame her for retiring. She's done her bit and if I were her, I'd have retired loooong before she did.
She tried...(after "I'd Rather Go Blind")...and tried (after the Kiln House sessions)...and tried (after Bare Trees tour)...and tried (after Mystery To Me tour)...and tried (after Behind The Mask tour)...and tried (after the Time sessions)...and tried (after The Dance tour)....and finally, after releasing In The Meantime, she succeeded.