User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Christine definitely looked her best during the Chicken Shack days and this was about the only time she demonstrated any sense of style. Since then, she has just become progressively more ugly, not that she was any great beauty to begin with...
PS Does anyone realise that the reason Christine seemed unrecognisable during The Dance was that she had been heavily facelifted (as she had been for the Behind The Mask album) and was wearing a wig (just as she did for the Tango In The Night live video)?
Christine has more style than Stevie...Actually, everything is about style and attitude with Christine. Her humour, her talent, her british accent, is what makes her beautiful, to me at least. She really is beautiful. And she dressed great, especially during the Tango in the Night era. She was shining at that time, when everyone else in the band was kind of...meh. She's one of the few women that makes me like the 80's style. So, yeah, 1982-1987 is her best period.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Please don't misunderstand my comments - I didn't intend to cause offence, it's just that I don't particularly care for Christine's appearance. I think she's a supremely talented musician, singer and (at times) songwriter, but I could never consider her attractive or stylish. She presents herself in a suburban, cheap kind of way and almost always looks a little coarse and common. I'm sure she's a lovely, decent sort of woman, if not a little boring, but that's okay. Just my opinion mind...
Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Well really, you don't need to come to a thread that discusses particular moments of her looking good just so you can say that she's been getting uglier and uglier since the 60's, and that she wasn't any great beauty to begin with (although popular opinion says SHE IS). You could have easily said that you thought she looked best in her Chicken Shack days and left it at that.
She wasn't wearing a wig during The Dance, either. I don't think. If she was, I'm pretty sure my heart is going to break...
See, now you're freaking me out. Shame on you.
Anyhow, saying she was never pretty and that she's just getting uglier is unnecessary and rude.
Just my opinion.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Fair enough, I accept that my comments were inappropriate and I apologise. I do admire Christine, but was simply being honest with my comments. Sorry mate.
For the record, as much as I adore Stevie, I think she's also had her fair share of tasteless moments, from the beginning of her career right up to the present (some of her outfits featured in the "In Your Dreams" promo reel leave a lot to be desired).
At the end of the day, all I'm really concerned about is their talent and they both have that in abundance.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.inside View Post
Well really, you don't need to come to a thread that discusses particular moments of her looking good just so you can say that she's been getting uglier and uglier since the 60's, and that she wasn't any great beauty to begin with (although popular opinion says SHE IS). You could have easily said that you thought she looked best in her Chicken Shack days and left it at that.
She wasn't wearing a wig during The Dance, either. I don't think. If she was, I'm pretty sure my heart is going to break...
See, now you're freaking me out. Shame on you.
Anyhow, saying she was never pretty and that she's just getting uglier is unnecessary and rude.
Just my opinion.
who cares if she was wearing a wig? She still looked very sexy and classy, as she has the last 20 years. In the early 80's she looked a wreck, I don't think she even attempted to have a style since Stevie was getting all the attention anyway. Towards the end of the 80's and the 90's she really looked smart and fetching. Man, I hope none of these Fleetwood Mac Band members ever come to this board, they would be totally saddened by how some people rip them apart
Old 04-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ They do.

I'm respecting Phil's opinion, this time, because I know that if I don't I'll become a force worse than all the chiffonheads put together.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
^ They do.
u know this for a fact?
Old 04-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bob Welch goes in the pre-Rumours forum. Ken Callait has a thread in Rumours about his book and he pops in to other threads from time to time. I may be wrong, someone who's been around longer than me will be able to correct me if so, but I'm pretty sure I've seen a post by John McVie, too.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

^ Oh dear, I suddenly feel very nervous...
Old 04-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
For the record, as much as I adore Stevie, I think she's also had her fair share of tasteless moments
Gee, ya think?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Now that we saw those interview clips taken around the time of The Dance, I would say that Christine was wearing extra hair when the dvd was filmed and during the tour. That doesn't make me like the new look she presented any less. She probably did have a face lift around that time too, but it looked great and her body was fit and trim. Seeing her bouncing around behind those keyboards for the first time in years buoyed my heart and spirit.

And she STILL looked terrific when she was going around doing interviews for Meantime seven years later, wearing nothing but worn jeans, probably the same size -- or smaller -- than what she used to wear in the 1960s, promoting music that showcased a voice that had only grown fuller and more impressive with time. With a sense of humor and style that you're still thinking and smiling about, years after you've experienced it.

Michele
Old 04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Stevie looks kind of ridiculous in that picture up there, but definitely still gorgeous.
As for the Chris/hair thing...I guess I'm going to have to watch some videos from around that time again. Ugh, this is just painful.
Let me try to explain this - I look at Christine and I see absolute perfection. I don't mean that in an over the top delusional way or anything - I know she's human and everything. The more I think about those little things (the fact she's had plastic surgery, wigs, etc.) is the more I think "god, maybe I think she's beautiful and perfect, but a lot of this beauty is artificial now..." Not all of it, but little parts. Wigs. Face lifts. Even if she has had surgery and stuff, she still looks gorgeous, so that's good. Oh, but then I tell myself "Well listen to yourself silly goose. You think she's ALWAYS looked beautiful, even before any surgeries or whatever, so these stupid little fears of yours make no sense." Eh. Well. Then the overly analytical part of me kicks in and starts going "Chris had a face lift. She must have thought she wasn't as pretty anymore or something, I guess, so she figured she needed to fix that. Poor Chris. She's always been beautiful. Blah blah I don't want her to think she needed it because she didn't blah blah I don't want her to have low self esteem because I don't want her to be sad blah blah whatever."
The more I type is the more I realize that I must sound like a total lunatic. Oh darn. I have a feeling people are going to be like "Who is this new person here at the forum? She's absolutely loony toons..."
Sorry.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick.inside View Post
I have a feeling people are going to be like "Who is this new person here at the forum? She's absolutely loony toons..."
Sorry.
Don't ever apologize for your enthusiasm! You are most welcome here. This is the Christine forum and some gushing is expected! We Chris fans are, in general, more reserved than some of the folks on the other forums ... so a touch of over-the-top enthusiasm is a great addition to the forum. I've loved reading your comments -- please keep them coming!
Old 04-17-2011, 07:38 AM

I really like her look during 1975 tour... I think she had very cool regal style..
Old 04-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Regardless if she had a wig or had a facelift she is and always has been beautiful! Is it just me or did she seem to age in reverse?
In pictures and videos I have seen from the 70's she looks a lot older than she did in the 80's or 90's. Am I the only one who thinks this? haha

I have always loved her in this video of "Isn't It Midnight." I love how she is dancing/jumping around at her keyboard. She look so happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9GIjhLZvIw