User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
For the record, I think Pat Benatar should be inducted into the HoF. I like her music a lot, although my collection is limited to Wide Awake in Dreamland, one of her 2 CD sets, and her latest live cd/dvd combo. I've owned two of her other albums but found most of the non-singles to be unmemorable and filler. Your point that she released an album every year from 1979-1985 might have hurt her credibility a little bit, possibly. Churning out an album every year is not something I think most people consider as a good reason for someone to be inducted.

I also think you're taking the comment that Stevie worked harder than Pat too literally. Pat has never said seemed to strive for stardom, but Stevie totally has. That quest for stardom is definitely something Stevie has worked harder for than Pat And yes, Stevie totally had an advantage over Pat by being in Fleetwood Mac. Stevie has a high powered manager, too.

Just my 2 cents.
And also, Pat has a husband and kids. She has had a much more complete life than Stevie, who aborted her baby so it wouldn’t hurt her band.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jondalar, it's unfortunate you chose to make that comment.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Only a loser would make a stupid comment like that. It makes you wonder why a troll like that is here. She clearly hates Stevie but spends a whole lot of time in this forum. A vicious queen indeed.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

On her worst day, Stevie is an infinitely better person than several people here on the Ledge. Just saying.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It’s not unfortunate I made this statement. It’s true and has been discussed before. I think the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame isn’t as important to Pat as it is to Stevie. I think she regrets it, but Nicks did sacrifice a family for her career. At least, she really is getting something out of it. Buckingham said that Nicks is on a musical journey and that really does seem to be what about her life’s about. She really did put everything into it.
Old 12-20-2018, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Only a loser would make a stupid comment like that. It makes you wonder why a troll like that is here. She clearly hates Stevie but spends a whole lot of time in this forum. A vicious queen indeed.
More over emotional reactions? Whose relative are you?
Old 12-20-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
More over emotional reactions? Whose relative are you?
Actually this is Kristen, Lindsey’s attention starved wife. I’m obsessed with Stevie because I know she was Lindsey’s first and only true love. I won’t let anyone bad mouth her and I know Lindsey was always the troublemaker in the group. Happy Holidays!
Old 12-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think like a lot of people on here now she has a love/hate relationship with Stevie.

Old 12-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I think like a lot of people on here now she has a love/hate relationship with Stevie.
Well there's little "love" in my love-hate relationship with Stevie this year, and I can't possibly imagine that KB of all people could have an ounce more of it than I do.

Edit: Oh, maybe you were talking about Jondalar, not KB. Confusing.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-21-2018 at 12:11 AM..
Old 12-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
You can love Pat or hate Pat but false statements about her make no sense. Stevie worked harder than Pat? Oh hell no. While Stevie worked hard, she also played very hard and also was very lucky to get invited into a super group.
Pat did slow down when she had kids but her work ethic was insane. From 1979 to 1985 she released a full studio album EVERY year and toured. Pat also had to deal with things that Stevie never did. Because Pat was a solo artist, good looking, and trained in Opera, no one took her serious.
Stevie had lots of help.
You totally missed my point... which was, that Stevie made her career her whole life to the exclusion of most everything else. Pat had a family, Stevie chose not to. Pat had a spouse, whom she promoted, because she didn't want him to feel like he was Mr. Pat Benatar... again, not choices Stevie made. Indeed, Stevie has said many times she did not want to adjust her life for anyone; she wanted to be able to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted without having to worry about someone else. Stevie made her career her sole focus, and spent hours up nights taking photos of herself and practicing how she wanted to look and on and on and on. That's what I meant by Pat not working at it as hard as Stevie, i.e. she didn't sacrifice her whole life to staying in the news and making sure to be seen with the latest generation of popular singers etc.

(Waiting for the response that this is somehow dissing Pat.)
Old 12-20-2018, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
And also, Pat has a husband and kids. She has had a much more complete life than Stevie, who aborted her baby so it wouldn’t hurt her band.
You know, I admire Stevie for not having children she knew she would not have the time to actually properly raise. The world doesn't need more children of self-absorbed stars who grow up being screwed up and addicted and all that because their awful parents didn't make the choice to raise them right. Would it have been better if she'd been more responsible with birth control if she knew she didn't want kids? In my opinion, yes. But she knew she wouldn't give up her career for them, and end up creating really messed up people. I always recall that scene in the DR doc where they're rehearsing for the tour and LB says he must leave by like 9pm and Stevie says but we could get through the whole set tonight and he says, yeah well I cannot stay past 9, and finally she says then let's get as far as we can by then. It seemed like he had a family commitment or made a promise to his family/wife he'd be home and he was willing to draw the line on FM stuff to get home on time. She would not. So it's likely better for everyone that she didn't have kids that she knew she would not make any sacrifices for. She just could have been more proactive in preventing pregnancies, but there you go.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually this is Kristen, Lindsey’s attention starved wife. I’m obsessed with Stevie because I know she was Lindsey’s first and only true love. I won’t let anyone bad mouth her and I know Lindsey was always the troublemaker in the group. Happy Holidays!
Nick are you a girl? Just asking because you write like one, but you have a male name. Will help with my responses. Thanks!

BTW you think a wife defending her husband after he was FIRED from a band he helped make legendary looking for attention?
Old 12-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You know, I admire Stevie for not having children she knew she would not have the time to actually properly raise. The world doesn't need more children of self-absorbed stars who grow up being screwed up and addicted and all that because their awful parents didn't make the choice to raise them right. Would it have been better if she'd been more responsible with birth control if she knew she didn't want kids? In my opinion, yes. But she knew she wouldn't give up her career for them, and end up creating really messed up people. I always recall that scene in the DR doc where they're rehearsing for the tour and LB says he must leave by like 9pm and Stevie says but we could get through the whole set tonight and he says, yeah well I cannot stay past 9, and finally she says then let's get as far as we can by then. It seemed like he had a family commitment or made a promise to his family/wife he'd be home and he was willing to draw the line on FM stuff to get home on time. She would not. So it's likely better for everyone that she didn't have kids that she knew she would not make any sacrifices for. She just could have been more proactive in preventing pregnancies, but there you go.
You are right. I thought about this. She wouldn’t of been a good mother. She is too self centered and career oriented , so I guess she should be applauded for not screwing up another human being. However, I do think she does has regrets. She loves girls and probably does wish she had one. I totally believe in abortion and I do think she made the right decision based on her values.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
That is definitely how I feel about her right now.
Old 12-21-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
You totally missed my point... which was, that Stevie made her career her whole life to the exclusion of most everything else. Pat had a family, Stevie chose not to. Pat had a spouse, whom she promoted, because she didn't want him to feel like he was Mr. Pat Benatar... again, not choices Stevie made. Indeed, Stevie has said many times she did not want to adjust her life for anyone; she wanted to be able to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted without having to worry about someone else. Stevie made her career her sole focus, and spent hours up nights taking photos of herself and practicing how she wanted to look and on and on and on. That's what I meant by Pat not working at it as hard as Stevie, i.e. she didn't sacrifice her whole life to staying in the news and making sure to be seen with the latest generation of popular singers etc.

(Waiting for the response that this is somehow dissing Pat.)
No I did not miss your point. I never said Stevie did not work hard. But your definition of Stevie working hard and examples are almost laughable. Because she stayed up late at night all coked out taking photos of herself in the bathroom? WTF
Each worked really hard. But Stevie definitely had it easier than Pat and that is something even Stevie alludes to her in her RAL interview when the interviewer brings up Pat. Stevie walked right into a successful band. Christine was there and that made it easier for Stevie. Once she became famous, she could pick any successful producer to make her music. Stevie knows she was lucky.
Pat on the other hand had to fight sexism all the way. Record company execs told her that no one was coming to hear her sing. Stevie admitted that no one ever told her that. Stevie was very insulated or as she calls it the "baby sister." Pat had to fight her way. Big difference and no comparison.