User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:52 AM

Default American Horror Story 5: Hotel

Lady Gaga Joins 'American Horror Story: Hotel' Cast
The Huffington Post | By Jessica Goodman

Lady Gaga has joined the cast for the next season of "American Horror Story," FX confirmed on Wednesday. Gaga also announced the news in a video on Twitter, which revealed next season's theme: "American Horror Story: Hotel." This will be her first starring role on TV.

"American Horror Story" Season 5 will air in October. Gaga's role has not yet been revealed, but Murphy has said that they left clues about the fifth season in the fourth season. One of the major clues came in the form of a top hat. "It's an arcane clue, but it's very purposeful, and it illuminates something that you’ll be like, “Oh! You dirty b******!”" Murphy told EW. Images of the same top hat showed up on coffee cups, a diner menu and Edward Mordake's head. Redditors speculated that the hats referred to Operation Top Hat, a "local field exercise" that took place in 1953 in Alabama and involved government testing on biological and chemical weapons. This led many "AHS" conspiracy theorists to believe that Season 5 would have something to do with chemical warfare. (You can read more on that theory here.) But alas, now we're in a hotel.

Murphy and Gaga previously worked together when he used the singer's tracks on "Glee." Gaga's acting credits include roles in Robert Rodriguez’s "Machete Kills," his film, "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For" and "The Sopranos," in which she played Girl at Swimming Pool #2.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6752544.html

Personally I'm offended that Ryan Murphy could even just think that Lady Gaga could be a replacement of any sort for Jessica Lange, but if he revolutionize totally the show and gives equal amount of importance to every character it might work.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-26-2015 at 07:55 AM..
Old 02-26-2015, 07:58 AM

What 'American Horror Story: Hotel' Could Be About
The Huffington Post | By Erin Whitney

Lady Gaga announced on Wednesday that she'll star on the next season of "American Horror Story": "American Horror Story: Hotel." That's all the official news we have at the moment, but since creator Ryan Murphy is known for sprinkling clues throughout "AHS," it's possible we already have an idea of what "Hotel" could be about.

Murphy already said the recurring top hat in "Freak Show" was an "arcane clue." While we previously speculated that could connect to the popular Operation Top Hat theory, we're not sure how the clue fits in with the hotel theme. (Maybe a bellhop-like hat?) But fortunately, Season 4 included another major hint that makes a lot of sense:

The Garden of Allah Hotel
In the penultimate episode of "Freak Show," Elsa and her "freaks" attempt to kill Denis O'Hare's Stanley for lying about his Hollywood connections. When he pleads for his life, he says, "I do know people in Los Angeles. My cousin works at the Garden of Allah." Redditor Trailkeep picked up on this back in January with a post about its possible connection to Season 5.

As it turns out, the Garden of Allah was a famous hotel in Hollywood on the Sunset Strip. Opening in 1927 and demolished in 1959, the hotel had celebrity residents and frequent guests that included F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Dorothy Parker, Errol Flynn, Greta Garbo, Humphrey Bogart, Gloria Stuart and the Marx brothers, among others.

Another interesting "AHS" connection is to the 1936 Marlene Dietrich film "The Garden of Allah," which was inspired by the Robert S. Hichens' 1905 novel of the same name and gave the real-life hotel its moniker. In "Freak Show," Jessica Lange's Elsa, herself inspired by Dietrich, references "Garden of Allah" in the first episode.

If the fifth season is set at this hotel that would also give Murphy ample opportunity to further connect the "AHS" universes. If set in Old Hollywood, he could make connections to the Season 1 Montgomery storyline which took place from 1922 to 1926 or even the Black Dahlia storyline in 1947.

We may also have an idea of who Gaga may play in "Hotel." The blog Vixen Varsity claims to have received a casting call back in October seeking auditions for three characters for an upcoming "AHS" promo. One of them is named Carla, described as a "classy 20-35 year old" who is possessed by a ghost.

The only problem with all this speculation? Last month, FX Networks CEO John Landgraf told TVLine it was his "hope" that Season 5 would be set in the present day.

"American Horror Story" returns in October on FX.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6753264.html
Old 02-27-2015, 07:01 AM

Why Lady Gaga needs ‘American Horror Story’ more than it needs her
By Emily Yahr on February 27, 2015 - 12:01 AM

After Lady Gaga’s majestic “Sound of Music” medley at the Oscars on Sunday, some speculated she may be headed to Broadway. Wrong genre! Turns out the pop star is aiming to conquer the world of basic-cable television.

FX announced Wednesday that Lady Gaga will star on the fifth season of “American Horror Story,” the much Emmy-nominated anthology horror series. Has there ever been a more perfect fit for a role? Gaga’s wardrobe and selfies already often resemble nightmares, depending on what you’re into. Plus, she’s literally known to fans as Mother Monster. It’s a coup for FX, banking on her millions of intensely devoted fans (“Little Monsters”) to tune in.

There are no details on her leading role, of course, other than that the fifth season will be called “American Horror Story: Hotel,” judging by the slightly terrifying tease that Gaga tweeted. It premieres in October.

This is also good news for Gaga given that she’s been struggling lately to find a place within the music industry. Her last solo album, “Artpop” in 2013, was widely regarded as a flop. Even though it went on to sell 2.5 million copies, it was a steep decline from her first two albums (2011 hit “Born This Way” and 2008 smash “The Fame”), which sold many more millions.

Critics noted that “Artpop” only moved 258,000 copies in its first week – “Born This Way” sold a million in its first – and didn’t launch a single comparable to any of her previous hits. She still spent much of last year touring the world promoting the album, though LiveNation hit back at reports claiming the tour had poor ticket sales.

Gaga also took a break from mainstream pop to record a jazz standards album with Tony Bennett last year, “Cheek to Cheek,” which recently won a Grammy for best traditional pop vocal. Though she’s not nearly in the tabloids as much as she once was, she just made headlines with her recent engagement to actor Taylor Kinney.

Anyway, this appears to be a chance to relaunch Gaga – who has little acting experience beyond her impressive onstage theatrics – back into the pop culture spotlight on a regular basis. And “American Horror Story” has some experience with pop stars rebranding themselves as TV personalities, i.e., Maroon 5’s Adam Levine, who got his arm ripped off in the opening minutes of Season 2.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

...her first two albums (2011 hit “Born This Way” and 2008 smash “The Fame”), which sold many more millions.
Emily Yahr needs to do her homework. She's had three albums, her second one was Fame Monster and although it was initially released as a re-release for Fame, it ended up being a stand-alone Grammy Award winning EP.. Her best work is from the Fame Monster, but I did love Born This Way.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Her best work is from the Fame Monster, but I did love Born This Way.
I have a soft spot for "Born This Way". I think it might be the vintage 80's thread that's woven throughout. Not a HUGE fan of Gaga but I love that album!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Emily Yahr needs to do her homework. She's had three albums, her second one was Fame Monster and although it was initially released as a re-release for Fame, it ended up being a stand-alone Grammy Award winning EP.. Her best work is from the Fame Monster, but I did love Born This Way.
I'm not a fan of her, my sister is, but I hope Lady Gaga's best work is yet to be done or this article is true.
Anyway, since you seem knowledgeable, can she act?
Old 02-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm not a fan of her, my sister is, but I hope Lady Gaga's best work is yet to be done or this article is true.
Anyway, since you seem knowledgeable, can she act?
Eh. If she doesn't try too hard, she might be able to pull this off. I never saw Sin City, though.
Old 02-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
I have a soft spot for "Born This Way". I think it might be the vintage 80's thread that's woven throughout. Not a HUGE fan of Gaga but I love that album!
Love BTW! Which is your favorite song? I love Marry The Night, but it's hard to choose just one!
Old 02-27-2015, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Eh. If she doesn't try too hard, she might be able to pull this off. I never saw Sin City, though.
I foud her scene on youtube, needless to say that it's not an exceptional acting scene. I hope hers will be a maybe captivating but small recurring role like Adam Levine's :

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-27-2015 at 12:41 PM..
Old 02-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Love BTW! Which is your favorite song? I love Marry The Night, but it's hard to choose just one!
Well, to be honest I love listening to the whole album as a cohesive entity...so I really can't choose a favorite. I will say that I adore "Bloody Mary", "Fashion Of His Love" and "Highway Unicorn".
Old 02-27-2015, 01:15 PM
Registered

Personally I'm offended that Ryan Murphy could even just think that Lady Gaga could be a replacement of any sort for Jessica Lange, but if he revolutionize totally the show and gives equal amount of importance to every character it might work.[/QUOTE]

where did you read she was replacing her ? that's as ridiculous as saying Angela Bassett replaced Zachary Quinto and I don't see 28 yr old GAGA playing roles meant for 65 yr old Jessica Lange
it would be like 60 something Joan Crawford replacing her 25 year old daughter Christina on The Secret Storm
Old 02-27-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Personally I'm offended that Ryan Murphy could even just think that Lady Gaga could be a replacement of any sort for Jessica Lange, but if he revolutionize totally the show and gives equal amount of importance to every character it might work.
where did you read she was replacing her ? that's as ridiculous as saying Angela Bassett replaced Zachary Quinto and I don't see 28 yr old GAGA playing roles meant for 65 yr old Jessica Lange
it would be like 60 something Joan Crawford replacing her 25 year old daughter Christina on The Secret Storm[/QUOTE]
On the italian AHS fansite. Personally, I think that it's just a speculation and she will be one of those roles that are somewhat important but are secondary, like Chloe Sevigny, Patty Labelle/Lupone, Stevie and Adam Levine.
Anyway they say that Lady Gaga will be the protagonist of Hotel and so they keep on speculating that from now on the series will revolve around Lady Gaga and the characters that have the function of "glue" for the show will be hers like before were Jessica Lange's. I'm sure if you search "Lady Gaga protagonist of AHS" or "Lady Gaga replace Jessica Lange" you'll find a lot of conjecturing articles.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 02-27-2015 at 02:25 PM..
Old 02-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Registered

Quote:
it would be like 60 something Joan Crawford replacing her 25 year old daughter Christina on The Secret Storm
On the italian AHS fansite. Personally, I think that it's just a speculation and she will be one of those roles that are somewhat important but are secondary, like Chloe Sevigny, Patty Labelle/Lupone, Stevie and Adam Levine.
Anyway they say that Lady Gaga will be the protagonist of Hotel and so they keep on speculating that from now on the series will revolve around Lady Gaga and from now on the characters that have the function of "glue" for the show will be hers like before were Jessica Lange's. I'm sure if you search "Lady Gaga protagonist of AHS" or "Lady Gaga replace Jessica Lange" you'll find a lot of conjecturing articles.[/QUOTE]

no i'll just wait to watch it I am sure gaga will be fantastic
Old 02-27-2015, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
no i'll just wait to watch it I am sure gaga will be fantastic
yeah, let's wait and see, I found her performance on "Machete Kills" and that wasn't so bad:

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 03-05-2015 at 11:03 AM..
Old 02-28-2015, 09:27 AM

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: HOTEL REVEALED AS SEASON 5 TITLE
BY RACHEL HAAS

American Horror Story: Season 5 now has its official title.

The news was revealed via Twitter that season 5 will be called American Horror Story: Hotel, with the first of 13 episodes to debut in October.

AmericanHorrorStory ✔ @AHSFX
This October, will you check in to the Hotel? #AmericanHorrorStory
1:21 AM - 28 Feb 2015

Just days ago, Lady Gaga announced that she would be headlining the season, most likely replacing Jessica Lange who has starred on the series since the show's beginning. Most recently, Lange portrayed Elsa Mars, matriarch of Fraulein Elsa's Cabinet of Curiosities in last season's American Horror Story: Freak Show.

AHS: Freak Show enjoyed a record-breaking premiere, and the season gave us "some tasty, nasty bad guys." But ultimately, Freak Show only pulled a modest overall rating of 6.5 from IGN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...season-5-title