The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-07-2016, 04:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She can't put the effort into doing 3 of her songs for the new album? some freaking background vocals? The band that put her on the f in map? F HER!!!! Dump the witch. What an ingrate.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
a joint press conference , low lights - candle - incense and the 5 joining arms and singing Kumbaya
If they do it nicely then she can't eat up air time while they're trying to promote something positive.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I reckon Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John could do a great version of Kumbaya. I'm imagining a bit like Cool Water.

Last edited by Peestie; 12-07-2016 at 04:49 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
If they do it nicely then she can't eat up air time while they're trying to promote something positive.

EDIT: On second thoughts, I reckon Lindsey, Christine, Mick and John could do a great version of Kumbaya. I'm imagining a bit like Cool Water.

PEESTIE!!!!!!!! Well, a cool water -kumbaya should close the McVie-Fleetwood- Buckingham-McVie album!

Old 12-07-2016, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
PEESTIE!!!!!!!! Well, a cool water -kumbaya should close the McVie-Fleetwood- Buckingham-McVie album!
Hey! I've been gone too long
Either a Cool Water type song or a Songbird/It Takes Time piano ballad with the two of them mirroring each other. Hell, I'll be happy to hear anything!
Old 12-07-2016, 07:36 PM
Junior Ledgie

I randomly found this while scrolling through the LB tag on Instagram today, & didn't remember seeing it discussed. A woman ran into LB in Los Angeles on November 22nd, & according to her comment, they talked about "his new album he's working on with Christine McVie." His phrasing it like this makes me think the band had been well-aware of Stevie's decision for a hot minute & that we're going to get these songs as a Lindsey album featuring Christine, rather than as any kind of foursome with the Fleetwood Mac name. Of course, he could very well be talking about two different albums, but I found it interesting, either way.

Old 12-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karissa View Post
I randomly found this while scrolling through the LB tag on Instagram today, & didn't remember seeing it discussed. A woman ran into LB in Los Angeles on November 22nd, & according to her comment, they talked about "his new album he's working on with Christine McVie." His phrasing it like this makes me think the band had been well-aware of Stevie's decision for a hot minute & that we're going to get these songs as a Lindsey album featuring Christine, rather than as any kind of foursome with the Fleetwood Mac name. Of course, he could very well be talking about two different albums, but I found it interesting, either way.

oh wow, what a cool encounter - thanks for finding and sharing that! would you share that IG post in LB forum too?

i really dislike the idea that it would be a solo Lindsey album featuring Christine, or Christine solo album featuring Lindsey. Mick kept saying something like that during both 2013 and then 2014-15 yours - that if Stevie doesn't want to join them Fleetwood Mac might get their new music out disguised as a Lindsey solo album.

if it's just Lindsey and Christine, they should at least make it a duet album. Buck Mac!

but... anything is better than never hearing this new music!! so hey, even if it's all disguised as a Lindsey solo tour with special guest Christine on every song - bring it on!

EDIT: i started a thread embedding the pic of LB and the reporter that came with the text Karissa shared. thanks so much again Karissa!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-07-2016 at 08:16 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Wow how cool. Can you imagine just going out hiking and casually running into Lindsey? I would freak out.

I wish we knew what that means but it's got to be a good sign.

Also lol @ her saying 'organic' I wonder if it was intentional.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:16 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh wow, what a cool encounter - thanks for finding and sharing that! would you share that IG post in LB forum too?
Sure thing! I'll get on it now...

& I totally agree-- I want to hear the music, regardless, & it does seem like the path of least resistance is to release it without the FM name, even if it is, for all intents & purposes, a FM album. I'm curious to see how it does get framed, that's for sure.

edit: I saw your edit about embedding it already! <3
Old 12-07-2016, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sure thing! I'll get on it now...

& I totally agree-- I want to hear the music, regardless, & it does seem like the path of least resistance is to release it without the FM name, even if it is, for all intents & purposes, a FM album. I'm curious to see how it does get framed, that's for sure.
just posted when i saw there was a pic too - but please add on your thoughts! thanks so much

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i really dislike the idea that it would be a solo Lindsey album featuring Christine, or Christine solo album featuring Lindsey. Mick kept saying something like that during both 2013 and then 2014-15 yours - that if Stevie doesn't want to join them Fleetwood Mac might get their new music out disguised as a Lindsey solo album.

if it's just Lindsey and Christine, they should at least make it a duet album. Buck Mac!

but... anything is better than never hearing this new music!! so hey, even if it's all disguised as a Lindsey solo tour with special guest Christine on every song - bring it on!

EDIT: i started a thread embedding the pic of LB and the reporter that came with the text Karissa shared. thanks so much again Karissa!!
We already know at least Mick is playing on these tunes though. If it's a FM album in all but name I suppose I won't care too much. I just want to hear the music.
Old 12-07-2016, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey could have said "I've been working on a new album with Christine" which she could have misinterpreted as being a solo ("his") album.

In any case, I want the album to come out as a Fleetwood Mac album. They're all current members of Fleetwood Mac who have been working together as a band, therefore it should be released under the Fleetwood Mac moniker.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-07-2016, 11:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

That could just be the way that the woman phrased it in her post-- it wasn't as if she was quoting LB directly in her description, and she didn't even spell Christine's name correctly. I doubt this upcoming project will be a LB solo album featuring Christine, when she has been writing so many songs and seemed eager to release them.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayOfTheDragon View Post
That could just be the way that the woman phrased it in her post-- it wasn't as if she was quoting LB directly in her description, and she didn't even spell Christine's name correctly. I doubt this upcoming project will be a LB solo album featuring Christine, when she has been writing so many songs and seemed eager to release them.
yeah exactly. they were talking about having at least 7 co-writes. makes no sense that it's either solo Christine or solo Lindsey. should be either duo album or FM.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Buckingham McVie or Fleetwood Mac.
Either way it's a jab at Stevie. Just do it.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:07 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
yeah exactly. they were talking about having at least 7 co-writes. makes no sense that it's either solo Christine or solo Lindsey. should be either duo album or FM.
Regardless of how much of the post is misquoted/misinterpreted on the poster's part (or not), I agree with this. I imagine Stevie will throw a hissy fit for the ages if they go ahead & release under the FM moniker, which is why I almost wonder if it'll be released as a duo album featuring Mick &/or John on some songs, just to take the path of least resistance.