Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-19-2016, 06:36 AM

Default Los Angeles 12/18/2016

RECAP: Inglewood, CA – The Forum

On Sunday night, Stevie Nicks wrapped up the first leg of the 24 Karat Gold Tour, performing at The Forum in Inglewood, CA (southwest of downtown Los Angeles). Celebrity sightings included actress Hilary Duff, singer Carly Rae Jepsen, and celebrity blogger Perez Hilton.

Due to the extreme weather that the rest of the country has been experiencing, Stevie was relieved to back in Los Angeles.

Hello Los Angeles! Well, it is so great to be back here. We have been all over the country, Canada…we have been to all the places that are now completely frozen over, and we are so glad to be back in California! She says, I may not be able to talk — it is cold out there!

The Forum, yay! So this show is not exactly the Stevie Nicks show that you have seen 300,000 times in your lifetime probably, because this time I decided I was going to do something for me, which was dig out some of my old demos that I love, that for whatever reason did not make it onto records, not because they weren’t as good, but because I pulled them, because I wasn’t happy with the concept. So I call all of these songs the songs that went into the black trunk of gothic, mystical songs that were lost forever. Well, I pulled them out and I’m really excited about them. This is our 28th show and we’ve had such a good time because it is different — it’s different — and it’s really fun and it’s really fulfilling for me So anyway, it’s a journey, come with me. Let’s go!

At the end of the show, Stevie told the audience that she would be starting up again in February and also revealed that she may tour in Australia later in the year, though she wasn’t sure.

This is for Prince…

There’s a big, long story that goes with that, but I’m not even gonna go there tonight. I’m just going to tell you that he was my friend and that song was written about un-doable relationship of people, and I was Prince’s friend and I’ll always feel that maybe, you know, we…any of us could have done something, and so anyway let’s just leave it up there in the twilight. Thank you.

More here: http://stevie-nicks.info/2016/12/rec...-ca-the-forum/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 12-19-2016 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Brain malfunction
Old 12-19-2016, 07:46 AM
SisterNightroad
This message has been deleted by SisterNightroad.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Isn't that article about Vegas though?

Videos and photos here: http://24-karat-gold-tour.tumblr.com/tagged/LA

I'll be posting some high quality pictures soon, so check back later if you're interested.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
Isn't that article about Vegas though?

Videos and photos here: http://24-karat-gold-tour.tumblr.com/tagged/LA

I'll be posting some high quality pictures soon, so check back later if you're interested.
****, yes, it was. Thanks for pointing out Danielle, I wasn't paying attention, now I'll fix it.

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 12-19-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Old 12-19-2016, 11:29 AM

Zimbio's photo gallery here: http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/bljDk...m+Forum/browse

Old 12-19-2016, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I checked for tickets for this show up until the last minute and nothing good ever came up. I learned this morning, just as I predicted, that Stevie had a ton of her friends at this show - which ate up a lot of the good seats I was looking for. Thank God she added a second leg so I can see her in San Diego next year. Would've been a shame to miss this special tour. 73 more days...
Old 12-20-2016, 05:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post

ELVIS! She's got good taste.
Old 12-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Duff sisters at Stevie's show]

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/haylie-...201810172.html

Haylie and Hilary Duff professed their sisterly love for each other — our hearts just grew three sizes

Hello Giggles, Yahoo. com, Jill LaytonDec 19, 2016, 12:18 PM

Haylie and Hilary Duff are two of our favorite sisters. Not because they’re both ridiculously talented, gorgeous, and super sweet, but because their relationship is perfection. They’re constantly cheering each other on no matter what, and both Duff sisters are always so proud of each other. Their bond seriously makes our hearts soar.

Just one example: Haylie and Hilary had a sister date last night at the Forum in Los Angeles for the Stevie Nicks show. They clearly had a great time (duh, it’s Stevie Nicks), but they seem to have had the best time just hanging out with each other. Hilary posted a beautiful shot on Instagram of her sister holding her hands, and now we obviously are having some major #sistergoals.

“These are my sissys hands lovin on me, At Stevie nicks show ❤And I’m so grateful.. where would I be without you @haylieduff,” Hilary captioned the photo.

Haylie posted her own photo from the show, and it’s such a beautiful tribute to her gorgeous sister, and now we’re feeling so many feelings.
“Sister. ❤✨ #StevieNicksAtTheForum”
Old 03-07-2017, 04:58 PM