Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2005, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
I don't think Amber and Hillary were so much "defending Stevie's honor," as wondering why the two women need to be compared.
But why was it necessary on a Christine board? If it were on a Fleetwood Mac board, it would be a different story.
Quote:
Yes, Erica mentioned wondering if perhaps her professor meant "Stevie" when he said "Christine," but it really didn't have to lead into a comparison of the two.
The fact that there was the "oh, you really DON'T mean Stevie" element of surprise on Erica's part in some way set the stage. It's the logical next step in the discussion. It's the "here's why I have a crush on Christine, but not Stevie" explanation that was really bound to follow. Let's be honest, when talking about crushes and Fleetwood Mac, the top two mentioned are Lindsey and Stevie. Chris is often called "the other woman in Fleetwood Mac," and I think that's how a lot of people view her. So it may seem odd to some why they would have the crush on the "plain" woman over the sex symbol. This thread was trying to explain why, and to do that we have to look at the plain vs. the sex symbol.
Quote:
From what I read in their posts, all Hillary and Amber were trying to say... which is something I'd think all Christine fans would be on board with... is that Christine does not need to be compared to Stevie in order to be praised or complimented. Nor does Stevie's appeal need to be dissmissed in order for Christine to look good.
And what we're saying is that Stevie doesn't always have to be defended, especially on a Christine McVie board. It was inappropriate to come to Stevie's defense in this particular instance. I appreciate that she's their favorite, but we don't go on the Stevie board and throw a fit every time Stevie's called "the Queen of Rock" or a "rock godess." If this discussion were on the Stevie board or the Fleetwood Mac board, that would be a different story. Furthermore, the twisting of what was said and then making a federal case out of it was pretty unwarranted. I agree that people are entitled to their opinions, but they're also entitled to NOT have their words twisted around so that it appears they said or implied something they did not so that somebody else can win an argument.
Quote:
Christine can, and should, stand on her own merits.
And if we want to state all the reasons we love her, we should without somebody coming to Stevie's defense.
Quote:
And if Homer's tired of hearing about Stevie so often on Christine's Forum, he shouldn't take so many opportunities to mention her.
Well, maybe. But in this instance, I don't think he was wrong.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 04-18-2005 at 02:25 AM..