The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 09-18-2018, 07:44 PM
StreetAngel86's Avatar
StreetAngel86 StreetAngel86 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: somewhere...being strange & elusive...
Posts: 2,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..what she mentioned was that she cannot write the way she used to because she is no longer having tumultuous romances and partying like a rock star.The last album of mostly new material that she released was largely a co-write with Dave Stewart and for the Fleetwood Mac EP all she could kick in was an unlistenable update of a Buckingham/Nicks outtake. I'm afraid the well has pretty much run dry.

well, she should have LOADS to write about this year
after being a money grubbing backstabbing biaaaaaaaaaaaatch
__________________
she thought she was out there...but nobody saw...
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-18-2018, 11:27 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Funny how people can’t read, either. She has said she is not writing as much, and that she is not writing the same kind of sex and rock and roll songs, not that she has completely stopped writing.
“I don’t write as many songs anymore because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if they’re very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can,” Nicks said. “We don’t have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless you’re under 20 you’re not going to sell many records.”
https://www.axs.com/stevie-nicks-say...m-again-113345

:')
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
well, she should have LOADS to write about this year
after being a money grubbing backstabbing biaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Lol ikr. Probably the most dramatic thing that's gone on in her life in decades. But she's also old. In general I wouldn't fault someone in their 60s and 70s for not having the same creative streak as someone in their 20s and 30s. But the thing with Stevie is that she seems to talk about all the writing she does all the time and yet where is it? The last album she released was 4 years ago and it was a bunch of decades old demos rerecorded. If she has new material why does she seem to be afraid of actually releasing it.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 09-19-2018, 05:33 AM
mitzo's Avatar
mitzo mitzo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,452
Default

It is really frustrating that she will not do more albums. Her last two received good critical acclaim, even if they did not sell millions. Shouldn't critical acclaim motivate her?
__________________
Think of me sweet darling, every time you don't come...
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 09-19-2018, 07:06 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is really frustrating that she will not do more albums. Her last two received good critical acclaim, even if they did not sell millions. Shouldn't critical acclaim motivate her?
Remember the book she was writing? She's been talking about that book since Wild Heart.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 AM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
ďI donít write as many songs anymore because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if theyíre very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can,Ē Nicks said. ďWe donít have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless youíre under 20 youíre not going to sell many records.Ē
https://www.axs.com/stevie-nicks-say...m-again-113345

:')
Exactly. Read the first sentence. I. Donít. Write. As. Many. Songs.

Not the same as ďI no longer write.Ē

The second part is about quantity too.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 AM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol ikr. Probably the most dramatic thing that's gone on in her life in decades. But she's also old. In general I wouldn't fault someone in their 60s and 70s for not having the same creative streak as someone in their 20s and 30s. But the thing with Stevie is that she seems to talk about all the writing she does all the time and yet where is it? The last album she released was 4 years ago and it was a bunch of decades old demos rerecorded. If she has new material why does she seem to be afraid of actually releasing it.
Hello? There is nothing unusual about this. Look at the years her records came out and notice the gaps. I know you are still in the throes of your tantrum but give me a break.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-19-2018, 09:34 AM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Remember the book she was writing? She's been talking about that book since Wild Heart.
And hasnít she since said MANY times was not going to do it until everyone is even older than they are now, if it all?

People always talk about pipe dreams or potential projects. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they donít. Christineís blues album, for example.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-19-2018, 11:39 AM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Exactly. Read the first sentence. I. Donít. Write. As. Many. Songs.

Not the same as ďI no longer write.Ē

The second part is about quantity too.
I'm well aware that's what she said which is exactly what I was saying is quite obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-19-2018, 11:41 AM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Hello? There is nothing unusual about this. Look at the years her records came out and notice the gaps. I know you are still in the throes of your tantrum but give me a break.
I'm not in the "throes" of any tantrum at all and if you'd like a "break" a helpful idea would be to not bother replying to posts you don't like or disagree with especially when those posts aren't even engaging in discussion with you to begin with
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-19-2018, 11:45 AM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,225
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is really frustrating that she will not do more albums. Her last two received good critical acclaim, even if they did not sell millions. Shouldn't critical acclaim motivate her?
When she was doing some of the press for the IYD movie she was talking about the sales of the album and how they disappointed her, she said something like "200 thousand is good if you're a smaller artist but not if you're Stevie Nicks" and talked more about how the internet is ruining everything. I think she really invested her hopes and dreams into that album and probably thought it would go platinum or something like that and then when it didn't it left a bad taste in her mouth about releasing new albums in this day and age.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-19-2018, 12:07 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
And hasnít she since said MANY times was not going to do it until everyone is even older than they are now, if it all?

People always talk about pipe dreams or potential projects. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they donít. Christineís blues album, for example.
Exactly, Christine's blues album will come with $tevie's book.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-19-2018, 12:08 PM
petep9000's Avatar
petep9000 petep9000 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 1,446
Default

Paris Jackson? I thought the photos were The Rose.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-19-2018, 12:10 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I'm not in the "throes" of any tantrum at all and if you'd like a "break" a helpful idea would be to not bother replying to posts you don't like or disagree with especially when those posts aren't even engaging in discussion with you to begin with
I saw you jumping up and down when you typed this.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
And hasnít she since said MANY times was not going to do it until everyone is even older than they are now, if it all?

People always talk about pipe dreams or potential projects. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they donít. Christineís blues album, for example.
No matter how nice you are or how much sense you make they will always say you are wrong and then make fun of you or say you weren't even being addressed...despite the fact that this is a board open to all members. This board is a total joke anymore. It is a place for miserable individuals to come be miserable together. I have tried and tried to stop this but the moderators don't care and often participate in these activities themselves. They make up the rules as they go along to fit their own agendas. its totally ridiculous. Sorry it is happening to you now.
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$275.03
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$123.75
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved