The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is there anybody going to the Lindsey concert tonight at BB Kings who would like to purchase a ticket to Stevie's 6/29 Jones Beach Concert:

Orch C B 7
$201.00

I have the printout ticket. My preference is to sell to someone who can make the exchange in person, in public, because I don't know how paypal, etc. works.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

setlist tonight (no change ) -

https://twitter.com/hankstera/status...072321/photo/1

please yell for Rodeo people! - we know he had it ready a month ago!!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I absolutely can't believe that they are using that misspelled document over and over again.
How "on the cheap" is this tour? I feel like gifting him with a new typed version of his setlist. Spelled correctly and on a nifty colored paper.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I absolutely can't believe that they are using that misspelled document over and over again.
How "on the cheap" is this tour? I feel like gifting him with a new typed version of his setlist. Spelled correctly and on a nifty colored paper.
oh, i'm usually annoyed by bad spelling, but who cares at this point - i mean Dancing is still on this list too lol..... what bothers me on this setlist is - NO RODEO?!?!?!
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
what bothers me on this setlist is - NO RODEO?!?!?!
No Rodeo??? I rather him sing Jailhouse Rock.

If any of you fans had a backbone at all,
you could easily make a fake setlist and
tape it to the stage. It wouldn't take but
a few seconds to put it there. Who knows,
he might see it and do a few of your song
choices.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
No Rodeo??? I rather him sing Jailhouse Rock.

If any of you fans had a backbone at all,
you could easily make a fake setlist and
tape it to the stage. It wouldn't take but
a few seconds to put it there. Who knows,
he might see it and do a few of your song
choices.
lol. i have this:
Old 06-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am glad I went to this! Hearing "Bleed to Love Her" live for the first time since I became a fan 15 years ago was pretty much worth it for me. Also, the reaction to "Stephanie" just PROVES how he needs to sneak in more rare songs! While it was absolutely fantastic, I still think some of the volume of the response came from the absolute thrill of hearing something so rarely played!

I was actually surprised by how rarely he used the "backing" setup. I thought I would find it annoying but it didn't bother me at all, it made Lindsey's actual playing very clear and obvious. I do wish he moved around a little more, since I ended up at one of the side tables and wasn't really able to see his fingers on the strings all that much but the screens were helpful. I was sitting with an awesome couple from Australia who happened to be on their first vacation to the USA and saw Lindsey was playing and their excitement was catching! I will never tire of "Never Going Back Again" myself, and I was reminded just how much I love "Come" and "Shut Us Down" live as well.

I giggled a bit when at one point, sweat was pouring off of him and he went to wipe himself down. Someone yelled out "take off your jacket!" and he was like "It's surgically attached at this point. It wouldn't matter anyway. I could be stark naked up here and still...." So not only does he know, he also teases.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So...tell me how crazy (or not) the security was for the Prez. Also, was it the same routine with seating or were most of you pleased with where you ended up? How early did you get there?
(I decided to reverse my plans and drop yesterday/go tonight. I needed to be able to get public transportation because of my foot injury, so...with bus diversions, etc...I figured tonight was the better choice. I hope;-)
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol. i have this:
I love this. I think we should just all make up set lists for FM / LB / SN and post them on the stage floor -- maybe then they'll get the message!
Old 06-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
I giggled a bit when at one point, sweat was pouring off of him and he went to wipe himself down. Someone yelled out "take off your jacket!" and he was like "It's surgically attached at this point. It wouldn't matter anyway. I could be stark naked up here and still...." So not only does he know, he also teases.
Stark naked might make Big Love interesting.

Lindsey you would still sweat without your jacket, but some of the heat would be released. If you get heat exhaustion don't blame us. Please be strong. I know we're not wrong.

Anyway, glad that BTLH was such a high point for you. A song that made it from the encore into the solo set list. Imagine that.

Michele
Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there. A great performance.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hey everybody!! We had a GREAT time last night!! Janet and I got to NYC about 2:30 and had lunch, then met up with another friend and all arrived at BB Kings about 6:45pm. There was already a line forming outside, but not a very big one. Across the street were people lining up to view what was going on with the Obama thing. And even on the same side as BB Kings, people were lining up to get a view of the Obama thing On the corner, were 3 lines of cops just standing there like soldiers. But other than that, nothing crazy....

After standing in line only briefly, we were allowed to enter at about 7pm. Since we were now a party of 3, I got nervous as to where we'd be seated...

The front tables were all full, or if they were open, they had signs on them stating that they were "reserved." I got anxious!....

BUT, there was one table off to the left side where we sat. When we got seated and looked at the lone microphone stand looming there, we realized "oh yeah, this is just fine!!!" Every seat did have an amazing view. It was a small place, but yes you were right in saying that the tables are very tightly aligned with each other, and the seats AT the tables were also extremely tight!! We kept hitting people next to us with our elbows. We were at the front end of our table with some strangers seated at the rest of our table.

Then you were allowed to order drinks/dinner. A sign on the table said there was a $10 minimum to spend. So you HAVE to order something. We drank some and ordered a salad and app. The server announced the last call would be at 8:30pm, and that NO services would be had during the performance. This was good news -- no disturbances during Lindsey!!

When it was last call, I ordered a "double" shot of vodka in my baybreeze, and when I got the bill...holy sh*t!! That one drink was $22.00!!! The size of it and strength of alcohol was the same as any bar I go to, but 3 times the price! UGH!!

So now the good stuff...Lindsey comes out right at 9pm. And is met with lots of screams. The show was great. And you already know the setlist

Some favorite comments, other than what was posted above...was he mentioned something about his callous. I gues that it came off? And someone at the front laughed, and he said jokingly, "Why is that funny? Have you ever lost a callous?" Someone else yelled out that he was "beautiful" at one point, and me and janet of course made several remarks ourselves.

There was a woman seated at the table behind me with a huge American flag all signed. I don't know who signed it, but she said "I am a huge fan". We asked her if she was on the "Ledge" and she misunderstood and mentioned something about a Blues Cruise or something? She looked at us like we should get it, and we were like "huh?" Then she said "Wait, what did you ask me again?" And when we repeated our question, she just said "oh, no I am not." LOL. Here I thought she was one of you guys!

I did meet "Gypsy?" in the ladies room. She told me someone made a YouTube video of most of the show.

AND....I would like to let you guys know, that I borrowed a recorder from a friend and (hopefully) recorded the entirety of it!!! I don't want to promise anything, and I've sadly never uploaded anything before But if I got a decent recording and I figure out what to do with it, I will let you know!!

The show seemed so short; before I knew it, it was all over and I was left wanting more. After he came back out for the encore, he did take some things from the very front right side of the stage and he signed for people, then back to business.

Favorites of the night were definitely "Bleed To Love Her" and "Stephanie." I read about that on here, but Janet was totally surprised and blown away that he played that one! It was nice seeing that kind of reaction.

So that's the night in a nutshell...and i hope anyone going tonight has a great time! I wish i could go again!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great review! I cannot believe your $22 drink.

That's wonderful that Janet went unspoiled. If you couldn't experience the surprise for yourself it must have been a thrill to see a longtime fan of his react that way.

There are still some old newsletters somewhere around that I think Janet did. Fun times.

I smiled when you said that when someone said "you're beautiful" and that you had a couple of comments yourself. See at an FM concert, Lindsey can't really hear the crowd. He can hear them roar, but I don't think he can hear actual words that frequently. So, when he goes solo, he must just drink all those compliments in.

Michele
Old 06-05-2012, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I smiled when you said that when someone said "you're beautiful" and that you had a couple of comments yourself. See at an FM concert, Lindsey can't really hear the crowd. He can hear them roar, but I don't think he can hear actual words that frequently. So, when he goes solo, he must just drink all those compliments in.
oh i enjoyed being next to Abbi at one of the Lindsey shows last year - she definitely has some interesting comments that she likes to shout out to him (even with her bf sitting right next to her ).
Old 06-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbiJoy78 View Post
AND....I would like to let you guys know, that I borrowed a recorder from a friend and (hopefully) recorded the entirety of it!!! I don't want to promise anything, and I've sadly never uploaded anything before But if I got a decent recording and I figure out what to do with it, I will let you know!!

The show seemed so short; before I knew it, it was all over and I was left wanting more. After he came back out for the encore, he did take some things from the very front right side of the stage and he signed for people, then back to business.

Favorites of the night were definitely "Bleed To Love Her" and "Stephanie." I read about that on here, but Janet was totally surprised and blown away that he played that one! It was nice seeing that kind of reaction.

So that's the night in a nutshell...and i hope anyone going tonight has a great time! I wish i could go again!!!
enjoyed your review Abbi - i was hoping you will post one! would love to hear your show recordings if they work out!

sounds like that woman may have been talking about a little kids' show called "Blue's Clues" (although i don't know whether that show is still going on, my kids are not that little anymore).

i'd love to see you at one of the shows next week - it would be great if we both can somehow make it!